Caution - potential loss of missions

Started by PZ, July 20, 2010, 08:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I don't know if it is specific to my current play through, or due to something of my own doing, but I lost many of the faction missions when I completed the last agency mission.

I intended to save most of the faction missions for mercenary mode, but when the agency mission ended and I returned to the map, there were at least 6-8 faction missions (maybe more) that were no longer listed on the map, and of course, these were some of my favorites that I'd been saving for last.  My only recourse - start from a prior save (4% in this case) and start over.

spaceboy

that's strange.  I had about 6 or 7 left when I completed the last agency mission and I thought I was missing one but it was a Roaches blue one and hard to see.  Be sure it's not just hiding, I literally missed it a couple times before spotting it.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I had 6 or so left as well, but a few of my favorites whose positions I know well are no longer there.  For instance, my favorite is "Stranded" found on the northwest side of the big island, and "Fly Me to the Moon" in the southeast part of the main island are two that went away.  I didn't do any of the faction missions in Panau city proper and they all went away.

I guess what made it even more obvious to me in this play through is that I did few of the faction missions intending to save them for when I had good weapons, and a large part of them went away.

I just had a thought - the missions that are missing seem to be from the factions that I did not choose when doing the last part of the last agency mission.  I chose the Reapers, and the reaper missions seem to be present.  I'll need to look at my map to see if the Roaches and Ular Boy missions are indeed gone.

spaceboy

yeah that shouldn't matter - I definitely had ones from the non chosen factions left.  maybe anything referencing Baby Panay??

PZ

That's a thought - perhaps any faction mission that referenced something to do with Panay is forfeit.  After all, with him dead, there is little point in doing a mission designed to cause his demise.

Art Blade

Thanks for the heads-up. I've only done one playthrough so far and I completed the agency missions (main plot) quite early in the game without having finished those faction missions. I've just checked the topic "current stats" to see if I can tell a steady progress in faction missions. All I can see there is that I ended up with 49 faction missions. I don't know if I actually played all 49 or if the game jumped from say 20 to 35 (random numbers) once I finished the agency missions. That is the only way to find out, I believe:

Check your faction missions (like X out of Y) before you finish the agency missions, continue without playing any faction missions, then check again after you finished the agency missions to see if either X or Y has changed. To make sure, you should compare it with a game where you finished all faction missions before finishing the agency missions. See if it is 49 faction missions total.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

49 is definitely the total number.  I doubt your stats would be padded if you didn't complete them.

Art Blade

Alright then, so apparently I did complete all faction missions which means I didn't suffer from that glitch.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳