Previous topic - Next topic

OWGKID

LEGACY

OWGKID

Glorious keyboard ^-^

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
LEGACY

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

OWGKID

It can display 16,7 million colors so yes, colorful indeed  :-D
LEGACY

mandru

Quote from: GKID7891 on February 11, 2016, 01:14:54 PM
It can display 16,7 million colors so yes, colorful indeed  :-D

But does it play "Ja, Vi Elsker Dette Landet" when you turn your system on?  ????

:-D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Don't give him ideas. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on February 11, 2016, 02:15:52 PM
But does it play "Ja, Vi Elsker Dette Landet" when you turn your system on?  ????

No it doesn't  :laugh:
LEGACY

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

mandru just made me chortle  :-D

OWGKID

I can probably make the lightning look similar to the Norwegian flag though  :-D
LEGACY

fragger

Quote from: mandru on February 11, 2016, 02:15:52 PM

I admit it, I had to Google that one :)

Yuk yuk yuk :-()

But nice keyboard GKID :-X Makes mine look pretty dull and utilitarian. Probably because mine IS dull and utilitarian.

OWGKID

Fragger. "Ja vi elsker" (Yes, we love" is the Norwegian national anthem ;))

The keyboard can't play the anthem, but it can display our flag  :-D >:D

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
LEGACY

Art Blade

nice.  :)

Yesterday I checked in on my local dealer and they sell that keyboard for 190 EUR which is bloody expensive. ???

OWGKID

??? I had a 20% discount on mine ;) Costs 1500 NOK usually, but the 20% discount made it 1200 NOK ^^
LEGACY

Art Blade

mandru

I was able to get my computer back from the shop with the upgrades I wanted.  I am posting this from the Ubuntu Linux side of my system.

There was a three day delay on the completion of the w@&k on my rig because of my wanting to add Ubuntu as the Linux side of a dual boot rig.  When I was picking my comp up the shop tech said that the Ubuntu load had fought them tooth and nail for three days getting loaded and working.  The Ubuntu install when being  loaded as the sole OS on the 1TB HDD insisted on creating a 10GB partition remaining blind to the remaining 990GB on the drive.  ???

When I was receiving updates from the shop on their progress I'd gotten the impression that Ubuntu was so accustomed to being part of a dual boot on a shared HDD that it became paranoid of all the space present in a 1TB drive and in a state of panic huddled in the corner of it all  by creating a safe little cubbyhole.  I mentioned that to the shop tech when picking my system up and he'd admitted that was pretty much the case.

To get Ubuntu to run as the sole OS on a 1TB HDD he'd had to create three partitions.  There's a 5GB partition housing the OS itself, then (if I recall correctly)  a 5GB partition to act as a system directory, and finally the 990GB on the drive for usable storage.  ::)

Along with the rest of my rebuild the shop had to revert from Win10 back to Win7 so they could install the two drives I wanted configured in RAID 0 and then with the Raid setup working re-access my free upgrade to Win10 so that they didn't have to charge me for a new copy.  That process left me with the joy of having to spend a few hours resetting my preferences in an OS I've decided that I really don't like to start right off the bat.

I lost a lot of info on the swap over to the new drives like all my bookmarks and all previous loaded games and I'm sure there will be other amnesiac blind spots that I've not tripped over yet.

I reloaded FC4 (and Notepad++ for the cheats) so I could get in and dig around in game to check out the new graphics card with all settings maxed and my first impression is that all a faster GPU gives you is a lot more fog and crap floating around in the air so it's harder for you to see.  I don't need atmosphere so thick I can taste it.

Otherwise everything is working very well so I suspect I'm the weak link in the process and that means I have some learning curve ahead of me.
- mandru

Art Blade

that's quite a story mandru. I hope everything works the way you wanted it to, and good luck with getting used to all that  :-X :)

PZ

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Happy upgrade mandru, and may your temperatures be low and your frame rate high  :-D
LEGACY

Art Blade

Binnatics

Quote from: GKID7891 on February 22, 2016, 09:07:57 AM
Happy upgrade mandru, and may your temperatures be low and your frame rate high  :-D

That could be a proper slogan for any tweaker enthousiast ^-^ :-X
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

- mandru

OWGKID

Quote from: Binnatics on February 22, 2016, 10:10:42 AM
That could be a proper slogan for any tweaker enthousiast ^-^ :-X

That's the PC master race reddit slogan  :-()
LEGACY

Tags:
🡱 🡳