Gaming Rig specs

Started by RedRaven, March 19, 2010, 08:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I hope so too - taking a chance, but newegg has a reasonable return policy just in case I don't like it. I'm mostly concerned about dead pixels as has been reported not too infrequently.  I would have rather purchased it locally, but there is nowhere nearby.

OWGKID

LEGACY

PZ

Received the new monitor and have placed it side-by-side with my original monitor - the bright crisp color is amazing.  The old monitor now looks somewhat dim and gray in comparison.  Not a single dead pixel.

Fired up GTAV, did the requisite 350 mb update, and checked the graphics settings -  2560 x 1440 and 144 mhz.  Did the benchmarking routine in the game and fps varied from 48-78 fps - not exactly sure why.  I guess I'll need to play with settings.

However, the movement was more fluid than anything I have ever seen on a computer screen - so smooth it seemed that I was actually flying the jet in the benchmark test.  The screen is so large I don't need to use my regular reading glasses. No HDMI port, but several USB3.0 including a fast charge port.  I'll just need to use the old monitor when I use one of the consoles.

Art Blade

great news, PZ  :-X :)

I remember when I upgraded to a 26" Fujitsu-Simens monitor (as mentioned in my first gaming rig post) how nice it felt and when I upgraded to my current 27" full-HD wide screen monitor by LG (for some reason I don't seem to have posted about it but it's got to be some two years I reckon) how much better that was still. It is a bloody big screen, a 27", isn't it  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Thanks, AB, I was on pins and needles hoping I would not need to send the monitor right back to be replaced after what Stiku reported.  I might even spring for the extended warranty after his experience.

Yes, 27 is a huge screen, I find myself moving my head WSAD just to take in all the real estate.  I'm very pleased, and will arrange the screens today, and maybe even get a chance to play a little GTA

OWGKID

LEGACY

mandru

Let the good times scroll.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

OWGKID

Quote from: mandru on May 02, 2015, 06:44:46 PM
Let the good times scroll.  ;)

They see me scrollin', they lagging...  :laugh: :-()
LEGACY

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

OWGKID

LEGACY

Stiku

Well, AMD announced the Fury lienup few mins ago, and the prices are :

Fury X will be available for 649 USD
the regular model Fury will be available for 549 USD

and also later this summer they will release the Fury Nano, which has 2x fiji core that is powering the cards.

reviews will be up next week.

OWGKID

I think you mean the "Quantum" which features two Fiji Nano GPUs ;) The "Nano" is a small factor Fury card. I wonder if it could be a worthy upgrade  >:D

Btw, did you watched AMD's twitch livestream?  ^-^ :-D

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Lisa Su (AMD CEO) holding the Nano. Look at its size  ??? :o

The Quantum: Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
LEGACY

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Stiku

Late reponse to qkid, yes I did watch the livestream live.

OWGKID

Nice  :-D ^-^ Btw the Fury X launched in Australia and NZ yesterday Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
for $979 and $1139 in New Zealand :o

Redditor TaintedSquirrel's rig with two Furys in CF:  Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
>:D :-()
LEGACY

PZ

Stiku

Normal for Aussies/NZ to pay more, but that is their own fault.  :lol

Well the NDA are dropping tomorrow, so we can actually get some 3rd party reviews and benches.

fragger

That's our government's fault. I've been pushing for a revolution for some time now >:D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

OWGKID

LEGACY

Stiku

OWGKID

Uhh, you need to fix the formatting  :D 8-X
LEGACY

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳