Darksiders and Bayonetta

Started by Fiach, January 11, 2010, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

been playing these two games over the last week , they are both very good.

Bayonetta is like  a very  refined  Devil May Cry, but its also very stylish sexy and laugh out loud funny. The game goes out of its way to make you look cool,even just button mashihing makes you look like a gaming god :)

Darksiders is like a mix of Zelda, Soul Reaver / Legacy of Kain, God of War, not a half arsed mix , but the best parts of all of them , there is even a flying section reminiscent of Panzer Dragoon, one of the weapons is like the combat in REZ where you 'paint' a number of targets with you right stick, pull the trigger and attack the targets.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

I saw a commercial for Bayonetta a few days ago and it looked friggin' sweet!  I'd be interested in some more details and opinions when you get further into it  :-X

mmosu

Just read some reviews and downloaded the free demo - so far looks like Devil May Cry Sexy Edition, just like you said Fiach

Fiach

bayonetta is awesome, its just crazy fun, very fast paced but never overwhelming.

Darksiders is avery mixed bag, but in good way. They really tried hard to vary the gameplay, but still keep it in context. Once again, never overwhelming, it releases new abilities and weapon, with an eye on you getting comfortable, but never bored.

Take one area, you get a sort of rocket launcher (inf ammo) the rockets are sticky bombs, then the enemies come in waves..... they have launchers too! It was really funny!

Then you have a boss fight, nick his horse (firey steed called Ruin), get chased around the desert by a giant sandworm !(think Dune), with you on horseback firing a Judge Dread type pistol.........and this is a hack n sash game LOL!

Hard to call it between them  ,I think DS is best, as the gameplay is much more varied, with tons of toys, but on the other hand ( I wish :)) is Bayonettas a$$.

Here's alink to some gameplay and weapons videos:

http://uk.thq.com/uk/news/show/9117

Fiach

RedRaven

Been seeing alot of TV trailers for Darksiders, and it looked really good - then saw some gameplay footage and it was not as impressive. Bayonetta looks to have better in game graphics from what i've seen so far. Neither really my thing, but both look like a great example of the 3rd person 'kill everything' style game.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Fiach

The maps in Bay are very small and less interesting to navigate, but both are great in their own way, i'm not sure what piay footage you saw that you didnt like, but i guess its all down to taste :), i really love the exploration and revisiting old areas with new powers to access previously locked areas, horses for courses i guess :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳