Game data transfer between PS3's?

Started by mmosu, December 21, 2009, 09:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmosu

Does anyone know how to easily transfer saved game files between two different PS3's - for example, if I want to load my save data on a friends machine so I can play my save files at his place? Might be an obvious question, but I'm not the most tech savy guy, so I throw myself at the mercy of the nerd herd  ;D

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

GAME
SAVE DATA UTILITY
SELECT SAVE
PRESS TRIANGLE
COPY

TO TRANSFER ALL DATA
SETTINGS
SYSTEM SETTINGS
DATA TRANSFER UTILITY

Sorry caps  Controller typing is awkward
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

spaceboy

just know that some game saves cannot be copied to other users,  it has to do with the trophies.  For instance I couldn't copy a saved game to my son's account on the same PS3 - it just wouldn't load.  Not all games have probs, but some do.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

mmosu

@ Art - I thought of the USB drive too, but I was having trouble getting my system to recognize one...

@ Fiach - is that for wireless transfer over a LAN, or long distance over the internet?

spaceboy

USB will be needed to either bring somewhere or bring to your PC to send via internet.  I had trouble too with an older one but I had a newer one (1 yr old) and the PS3 recognized it no prob.

mmosu

Thanks Space, I have a few laying around, maybe I just need to try another one

spaceboy

no prob. I hope it works.

on a somewhat related note I'm thinking about upgrading my hard drive so if I go with that I'll post info on it.  (after the new year if at all).  The nice thing is you only need a laptop hard drive (no branded drive) you can get a big one cheap.  I've only got 27GB left on my 80, so it's time to start thinking about it...of course now for $150 less than I paid you can get a 320GB Slim...but my time spent the last 1.5 years has been well worth the dough  ;D

Fiach

yup, USB
PS3 OS takes alot of space maybe 10gig ?
I got a 120 gig Slim and got a big shock with how much space it gobbled up.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mmosu

Quote from: Fiach on December 22, 2009, 12:36:24 AM
yup, USB
PS3 OS takes alot of space maybe 10gig ?
I got a 120 gig Slim and got a big shock with how much space it gobbled up.

Yeah, I noticed right out of the box that my 80GB was actually closer to 60!!

So anyway, turns out I just needed to use a different USB drive.  I plugged in a newer one and it was recognized immediately, was able to transfer everything without a hitch to my friends machine.  (@ Borderlands guys - it's a blast on a splitscreen!!)  Thanks to all who posted to help me out!  :-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳