FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

deadman, I didn't even see the mistake after you posted "pockets-light" - it's a "pockets lamp" in German  :D ;D Did you, at least, translate it right? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

PipBoy Lighting Pack <- click

QuoteA simple request from the Ars Technica forums from ronelson for a pack of PipBoy light range mods. They also change the colour slightly.

no mods = 15 metres.
pip30.esp = 30 metres.
pip60.esp = 60 metres.
pip150.esp = 150 metres.
pipomfg.esp = 1600 metres (1 mile).

Can be used with Fellout ( http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2672 ). Fellout contains "pip60.esp" as "Fellout-pipboylight.esp", any one of these ESPs can replace that.

For FOOK interoperability, ensure this is loaded before FOOK is.

Just found this. Since I'm using Fellout, I know the pip60 mod, and that is already good. I think those of you who don't use Fellout might still find it useful. Once you've been to rather dark places, you might remember this post :)

By the way, LOL @ "pipomfg"  ;D

EDIT PZ: I installed this mod on 11-18-09 and it is marvelous.  Now when the night changes to a dark Halloween sky, holding the Tab key turns on a 150 meter flashlight which is sufficient to have great fun in the game.

I've switched to pip150, too :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I just installed this one and am using the 150 meter PIPBoy - works great especially with the fellout mod in the dark. 

By the way, I inactivated the clear skies mod and noticed no difference in the night graphics so evidently it was not working anyway.

Ricamundo

Can one of you find gents explain in simple terms how to order the list of mods in FOMM? I find it confusing, as each has a 2 digit number, like 00 01 02, but others have a number/letter combo, like 0B,0C, OD or something like that. How is the list supposed to look, and how do you arrange it?

Am i to understand that the higher priority items go at the bottom of the list? :-\
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

It's easy - you click on the mod in the FOMM list and drag it to a new position in the list.  I hope to order my list one of these days and take a screen cap if Art doesn't beat me to it.

Typically the higher priority items will go to the end of the list, but some mods specify an order which you should adhere to - it is always spelled out in the readme for the mod.  It also doesn't hurt to post your mod order if you have any problems and others can compare to their list.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2009, 06:57:39 PM
deadman, I didn't even see the mistake after you posted "pockets-light" - it's a "pockets lamp" in German  :D ;D Did you, at least, translate it right? :)

Nope I didn´t  :-[ It´s "pocket lamp" in swedish also  ;D
Btw we say "ficklampa" in swedish what´s the german word for it?

Art Blade

deadman, it's "Taschenlampe". If we'd use "ficklampa", we would get into troubles. Lampa is ok, almost sounds like Lampe, but "fick" is like the English word, where "i" would be "u" ... lol a "f*ck lamp"  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 17, 2009, 10:00:35 AM
I hope to order my [ FOMM load order ] list one of these days and take a screen cap if Art doesn't beat me to it. [...] It also doesn't hurt to post your mod order if you have any problems and others can compare to their list.

I keep mine up to date, check this post

Edit:

I created a new topic for the mods and their load orders for you to post and compare. Click the link :) /Art

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 17, 2009, 10:49:15 AM
deadman, it's "Taschenlampe". If we'd use "ficklampa", we would get into troubles. Lampa is ok, almost sounds like Lampe, but "fick" is like the English word, where "i" would be "u" ... lol a "f*ck lamp"  ;D

LOL

Art Blade

Quote from: Ricamundo on November 17, 2009, 08:47:25 AMI find it confusing, as each has a 2 digit number, like 00 01 02, but others have a number/letter combo, like 0B,0C, OD or something like that.

Rica, that is called hexadecimal (6+10=16). Unlike decimal (10), where you count from 0-9, you count from 0-F. Like 0-9 and continue a,b,c,d,e,f. So a decimal 9 is a hexadecimal 9. but a decimal 10 is a hexadecimal 0A. :) So, if you want to say dec 15 it would be hex 0F, and dec 16 would be hex 10.  ;D

PZ

Remote Explosives ADVANCED

IEDs for Fallout 3

Brief Instructions:

• Acquire Mines or Grenades.
  • Buy a detonator.
  • Drop (not by equipping) and arm said DEVICES.
  • Use detonator.
You can also shoot the following and cause them to detonate:

• Flamer Fuel
  • Mini-Nuke
  • Missile
Remote Explosives ADVANCED

:-X
EDIT: it works!  You can shoot the items and they'll explode.

Art Blade

hmm, anyone dares shooting those gazillion mini-nukes in the armoury of the Underground HideOut?  :)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 16, 2009, 08:03:24 PMBy the way, I inactivated the clear skies mod and noticed no difference in the night graphics so evidently it was not working anyway.

Here is a day view using Fellout:

[smg id=1673 align=center width=400]

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 17, 2009, 12:30:37 PM
hmm, anyone dares shooting those gazillion mini-nukes in the armoury of the Underground HideOut?  :)

Only using the tgm console command, my friend  ;D

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 17, 2009, 12:36:24 PM
Here is a day view using Fellout:
[smg id=1673 align=center width=400]

What a great view - way different from the plain vanilla version of the game!  :-X

Art Blade

A new version ArtMod 003 is now up and running... no more degrading weapons, and Charon looks like George Washington (if you're far enough away) hehe

Just by the way, I loaded an old savegame from before I knew Charon (now ALL mods on) and went into the Room where he hangs out. LOL, he already looks like George :) So, don't be surprised LOL

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 17, 2009, 01:50:27 PM
What a great view - way different from the plain vanilla version of the game!  :-X

Some more: (green world and fellout)

[smg id=1674 align=center width=400]

PZ

If it weren't for dogmeat in the foreground, you'd hardly know this was Fallout 3!

Ricamundo

Nice shot Art. 8) I can only hope that the Devs @ Bethesda are keeping one eye on all these great mods and encorporating these ideas into FO4, assuming there will be one.

Oh and thx for the "Greek" explanation of the FOMM list...erm  yeah that..makes...sense.. :P
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Ric, were you ever able to place the mods in the order you want them to be in?

PZ

Fallout Street Lights - Wasteland

QuoteThis mod adds lights and FX beams (some flickering ones too) to most of the street lights and signs in the DC ruins. It works great with Fellout (Fellout has the darker nights).

Was playing with the "Fallout Street Lights" mod and was starting to miss the lighting during those long black nights (Fellout) in the wasteland. As the orginial mod was not updated for several months I started to do this myself as an add-on for the original mod.

To preserve the "wasteland feeling" I started out with the locations where people are living (They would want lights in those dark nights to see it coming) and locations where power is expected to still w@&k like factories. Have only used existing object for the moment.

Fallout Street Lights - Wasteland

:-X :-X :-X
EDIT: this is an excellent mod - takes a pitch black city and turns on some of the streetlights.  The flickering effect is a great touch - makes it seem more post-apocalyptic.  Read the installation instructions - you need both the original Street Lights mod as well as the Wastelands version.

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 18, 2009, 07:39:17 AM
Ric, were you ever able to place the mods in the order you want them to be in?

Well, i played around with the list, after looking at how some other peeps did it, by googling..what else? ;)

They seemed to have Fallout first, which i had, but they had all the DLC stuff after, then CALIBR, then random other mods, so if i recall, mine is...

Fallout
DLC's (only BS still to do)
CALIBR
Fellout
Wasteland travellers x 3
Respawn 6 hrs
Pipboy light
then all the extra forts, homes, bases., weapons etc

BTW, I have re installed FOSE, mainly because i REALLY wanted to install the Anti stutter program, which requires FOSE. I have played a good 3-4 hrs today with only 1 CTD, which could very well be a co-incidence, since i've had quite a few of those, even without FOSE, so finger's x-ed. ;) The stuttering was still there, but kinda off and on with some indoor areas a tiny bit stuttery(found vault-tec factory) and some out door areas were fine. I also tweaked my view distance and object fades a bit, and performance seems to be pretty reasonable.

PZ

One other thing to try is the change the order again if you continue to have failures - I played with the position of different mods and that changed how the game handles.

deadman1

I cannot get the detailed pip-boy map to w@&k even atfer changing my pip-boy colour to white. I think I followed the install instructions but I might have missed something, but I can´t figure out what it could be. Any ideas anyone?

Art Blade

QuoteInstallation:
1. Extract files , place folder Textures to Fallout 3/Data directory .
2. Check bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 in FALLOUT.INI at Fallout 3 folder in MY Documents/my games
3. Check if Archiveinvalidation.txt ...

- Skip 3) if you're using "ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated!"

- 2) check the fo3 ini in your savegames folder

- 1) I think that's probably where your problem is caused. You need to create a textures folder and subfolders inside the data folder. Those will replace the vanilla textures without touching them - the data folder will be loaded after the original textures.

Hope that helps :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳