FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

Sry PZ the link didnt really tell me in layman's terms what FOSE is. :-[
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Ricamundo

OK, i've got the Megaton expansion thingy, and is it ever cool! you get another house, with a new nuka fridge, bed, workbench, table and chairs as well as lots of storage, and some other knicknacks.

There's a new ghoul named George, who runs a gun repair/supply shop, as well as selling some new weapons. ( i bought them all and was underwhelmed, so i sold em back) There's other new buildings, such as an apothecary, and NPC's walking around out there too that you can talk to. It's really well done. 8) watch out tho, George's prices are pretty steep. :-\

I had also installed the mod that increases the # of goodies like caps you find in desks and lockers, and it's paid off already. I found 200 caps in a locker in New Megaton. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Ric,

FOSE is a script extender that allows people to write mods for FO3 that otherwise would not be possible.  Basically it adds functionality to the game without physically changing any of the files that are needed to run FO3.  Once you download and activate FOSE, then you can run any of the mods that are dependent on extended scripting.

Thanks for the feedback on the Megaton mods - I've not installed them yet, but they sound intriguing!  :-X

PZ

Clear Skies

While the concept of dirty air and nuclear fallout may follow with the story, it results in the game having an overall sepia toned appearance. This mod removes said yellow haze and instead makes the game a more vivid blue. The nights and sunrise/sunsets have also be tweaked a little, but not drastically.

Clear Skies

EDIT: I added this mod on 11-12-09 and I just happened to be in the game at dusk - the sky was quite attractive and reminded me a bit of the FC2 sky during that time of the day.

Note: do not use this mod if you intend to use Fellout - they are incompatible with one another.

PZ

Color Hi-Detailed map and icons

On the map you will see every house, every road, and all other things.  The highly detailed in-game map is based on the satellite image from another mod.

Icon colors:

• Red - potentially danger places
  • Blue - metro stations
  • Yellow - populated places
  • White - Pre-war structures
  • Green - sewer and land places
  • Gray - undiscovered places

Color Hi-Detailed map and icons

:-X
EDIT: - I was able to install this mod after a bit of tinkering.  The installation instructions are simple, but reference was made to use a "white PIPBoy", which I did not know how to do.  After searching Google, I found that you need to go into the game settings and change your HUD to white - that made the map and it's icons appear in all their glory.  I'd highly recommend this mod to anyone that is disappointed in the green low resolution in-game map.

Get rid of those awful scan lines in the PIPBoy maps with this mod.

Ricamundo

OK, thx for the explanation PZ. ;) I mentioned that george, the new arms maker/dealer in Megaton is expensive, i may be looking at it thru the other mod called i think wasteland revisited. that's the mod i mentioned that increases the value of stuff you find (sometimes drastically) just scrounging around in desks, file cabinets, and get this, garbage cans( the ones in bathrooms and other indoor areas.)

I went thru the museum Of History(again) and i must have pulled 10,000 caps out of there. 8) The value of weapons, and other things also are increased. Take a look at the burned and ruined books on shelves for a laugh and drastically increased value. Also check out some gore bags too; they'll make you ROFL for sure! :-X

One anomaly or bug that may have something to do with the wasteland revisited mod, or it may not, is what happened when i got a msg saying my radiation level had increased. I went into the pipboy and it had gone up, so i dosed myself with the usual radaway, but it barely made any difference. My carrying ability also suddenly dropped by 50 points, from 270 down to 210 or so, so suddenly i became overloaded. My health dropped to just over 300 from 475( i may have taken a shot or 2) and stimpacks stopped working.. :-\

I reloaded my last QS and all was well,  and i fast travelled to the nearest Doc to get my rads down. Since then it has been ok.

PZ

Starter Pack

Once you step out of the Vault 101 you are poor and defenseless .Well no more since this mod provides you with some stuff right after leaving 101.The stuff is located inside hallowed rock (you will see it in the screen shots). The rock contains SMG, Sniper Rifle, some caps and of course ammo.

Starter Pack

PZ

The Skeleton Pin

This one allows you to pick the lock of any door.

The Skeleton Pin

PZ

The Fight for Survival

This mod adds a camp near Farragut West station that is under constant attack from the Enclave,Super Mutants and Talon Company Mercs. there is also a custom weapon on a dead guard,all the NPCs are on re-spawn so the fun can continue.

The Fight for Survival

PZ

Vault 101 Army Convoy Wreckage

Adds two wrecked US Army trucks on the road outside Vault 101. The trucks have some crates containing Assault Rifles, 556mm Ammo, Combat Armor and Combat Helmets.  Just turn right onto the road as you leave the Vault and you'll see the trucks.

Vault 101 Army Convoy Wreckage

PZ

Wasteland Travel Caravans

This mod adds a network of travel caravans to the wasteland to connect the major settlements. The normal fast travel system is still available, however this mod caters to those who prefer to make their trips between major areas slightly more immersive. Travel service is relatively cheap, and the caravans are well protected. Each operator is in or near the main area of the settlement they serve and has one pack brahmin and one normal brahmin. So they should be easy enough to find.

Wasteland Travel Caravans

:D
EDIT: This one is not worth it unless you have not been to any of the places where fast travel will w@&k, i.e., if you are fresh into the game - there is a caravan with one of the two-headed cows and what appears to be some kind of riding apparatus, but you really don't ride the animal - this is just another way to fast travel, but one that costs you $.

Art Blade

PZ, I think you haven't posted this here yet:

Free Play after MQ <- click

This should does enable you to play on after the game has finished (after the MainQuest, "MQ") just "survived" the MQ :) /Art

QuoteIT WILL MAKE NO SENSE TO LOAD THIS MOD WITH A SAVEGAME MADE AFTER MQ!
USE A SAVEGAME BEFORE MQ (Before entering the rotunda)!

Version 0.5:
-Sarah, Elder Lyons and Rothchild not essential anymore.
-Airlock door fixed
-Added optional support for Umpa's Animations. You just have to do the "radiated hard w@&k" in the endgame. ;)
-Also, if you have any mp3 file in ..\Data\Music\ZALpostMQ, it will be played after videos. NO MP3 HAS BEEN INCLUDED IN THIS ARCHIVE! Take your favourite sci-fi soundtrack final theme for that. :P
- Vault 101 open after MQ! :)

All other changes contain SPOILERS, so don't scroll down if you don't want to see them!

On a sidenote, if you use this, do as follows: Install the mod before you finish the main quest. Important: KEEP this mod ever after you finished the MQ. Should you remove it, you'll immediately see the end game movie... again... because the game thinks you're finished ;) /Art
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You're correct - great find!

Art Blade

I've found something that sounds interesting for cheaters:

Levelers Truck Trailer v20 <- click

Basically it's a location (a trailer) that gives you a lot to play, get all kinds of items, night vision helmets, tweak your avatar's abilities etc. Massive. Haven't yet managed to test it myself, but will try :) The current version is 20, not 15 as shown at nexus. The readme contains 27 articles  ;D

QuoteLeveler's Truck Trailer
=======================
A Utility or a Cheat, you decide

A Home Base with several game cheats
by WillieSea

version 2.0 - 09/13/2009

Story
=====
You have just escaped from vault 101 and head west towards a long bridge.
You soon find it covered in Raiders but you also notice something unusual, there is a truck trailer at the entrance to the bridge that appears to contain the help you have been looking for.
You decide to make the trailer your own, no matter what the cost!

========================
Known Issues and Caution
========================
1. Not compatible with game version 1.5. Upgrade to v1.6 or above.

:-X
EDIT: installed the mod on 11-17-09 and at first glance this is exactly what is promised - a way to use cheats in the game, but without having to use the console to make it happen.  It allows you to interact with items in the trailer - for instance, there is a terminal that you can start to give yourself any of the perks in the game.  Another example - on the roof of the trailer is a HAM radio that allows you to call in creatures - you can have target practice!  Although I've not tried that much yet, the install is a simple tweak of existing resources so performance impact is nonexistent.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

The Human Catapult <- click

[smg id=1664 type=av]

QuoteTo use the catapult in the world, simply walk up to the *Living* Person/Creature that you would like to launch, press the designated key, and WHAM, the poor thing is launched into the sky like a speeding flesh bullet. (Assuming you have enough AP, that is)

That's really all there is to it.
So go out there and start launching!

*Warning* Due to the intense G-Forces, whiplash, and impact damage caused by the human catapult, severe injury or death is likely to occur on the subject being launched.

Installing Your Human Catapult
==============================

First of all, you must be using the Fallout Script Extender (FOSE) in order for this mod to w@&k properly.

You can download it at http://fose.silverlock.org/

To install the mod, extract/expand the zip file and then copy the contents of the folder into the Data folder of your Fallout 3 directory. Then be sure to use Fallout Mod Manager or Fallout Launcher to flag the mod as active.

Once you load the game, an item called "The Human Catapult" will be automatically added to your inventory.
(And yes, this does mean that you can use it in the Vault 101 tutorial segment of the game. I did that on purpose. There's nothing funnier than watching Amata eat the wall at 300 mph)

Alright, this mod is insane  ;D ;D ;D Careful, if you drop it, it's a finger LOL -- works quite well, just have to be close enough, but it is just great if someone runs at you and you send him away hahaha, and animals, monsters, supermutants alike. Fun! Works well with other mods.

Ricamundo

LOL! Flying cows, now i've seen everything.

Ricamundo

oh i almost forgot. I just finished trying out the Vault 101 secret area thingy, and i think i like it better than any of the other hideaways. 8) Its nice and big and airy, unlike the Underground hideout. I also have an all female staff including a repair person, and my own Doc and clinic, several large beds to sleep in, and a coffee shop. there's a swimming pool and showers too. ;D

So i now have 2 homes in Megaton, 1 in Vault 101, 1 in Tenpenny Tower, plus the Underground Hideout, as well as a room in Rivet City. :-X

Art Blade

hehehe  ;D

Killer Shades <- click

QuoteLost long ago, this mysterious pair of sunglasses strikes down anyone who dares attack you.
Pros: Kills any foe instantly, including behemoths and deathclaws.
Cons: Only rewards you with 5 XP per kill. Doesn't add a kill to any stat.
Where to find it: On the hull of a boat, floating in the river just west of Jefferson Memorial.

When I first installed it, there was no boat. Just a pile of ammo boxes and a hunting rifle, "floating" where the boat should have been. I swam around and saw something, then accidently bumped into the floating sunglasses (like the lucky shades model). So, reload... then I got them. Might be easier to add them to your inventory via the console: player.additem 0x000ea6 1 where x would be the number of the mod, like 2, or 3, or 4... Then it is fairly easy. You walk around looking at things, then you hear something horrible behind you, turn around to see what it is, and the moment you see it, it just drops dead  ;D Doesn't harm friendlies.

Art Blade

MrSlackPants-NightVisionGoggles <- click

Quite some description on Nexus, so briefly what it does: Helps if you use Fellout. The author had exactly that in mind.

Needs FOSE.

Not a cheat, it's a product you can buy from Moira, and it uses various energy cells. It is customisable, various brightness levels, bound to "N" key, and comes either as shades or as "nothing" - just lets you see better while allowing you to wear whatever headgear you have (maybe those killer shades) :)

Tested them. Only costed 350 caps  :) They w@&k like a charm  :-X and apparently compatible with other mods, too  :-X

PZ

Great finds Art!

I'm excited to try the trailer mod to see what goodies I can find there, and the night vision issue will solve my problems with the full version of fellout.   That human catapult mod sounds hilarious!

Art Blade

PZ: ok cool, if you try the trailer mod, please edit that post adding your comment (compatibility, fun factor etc).

Glad if you like the other mods :) The fellout full is very cool, turn out or dim down your room lights at night, and FO3 nights are... BLACK :) So cool if you see the sky being the only dim ambient light source, no light pollution at all. Of course you can see "real" lights from very far away... And I do recommend you use the pipboylight mod that comes with fellout. It will expand the light radius to a useful degree if you switch on your torch (erm, flashlight, that is. Hehe. By the way, the German term for torch/flashlight translates to "pockets-light" :) )

PZ

Will do - thanks for the tip on the flashlight - I must have missed that one when installing fellout - I noticed how black the nights were, and the limited effectiveness of the standard flashlight.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2009, 12:41:24 PM
PZ: ok cool, if you try the trailer mod, please edit that post adding your comment (compatibility, fun factor etc).

Glad if you like the other mods :) The fellout full is very cool, turn out or dim down your room lights at night, and FO3 nights are... BLACK :) So cool if you see the sky being the only dim ambient light source, no light pollution at all. Of course you can see "real" lights from very far away... And I do recommend you use the pipboylight mod that comes with fellout. It will expand the light radius to a useful degree if you switch on your torch (erm, flashlight, that is. Hehe. By the way, the German term for torch/flashlight translates to "pockets-light omg, "pockets lamp", even. LOL /Art" :) )

Flashlights are called "pocket-lights" in swedish as well  ;D

Art Blade

;D

Well, I've checked on all posts so far, and commented (edited) every mod I've used. I think there are a couple of mods I still haven't but want to try, like that MMM (respawn mod). I'll keep adding comments to those mods I tested.

Ricamundo

I did The Pitt today, and i was surprised at how short it was. The Pitt is ok, not bad, but no hell, compared to Point Lookout anyways, which was great, and easily my fave. only Broken Steel left to go, but i understand i must finish the MQ(American Dream?) first.

Tags:
🡱 🡳