Programming Logitech G15 Keyboard

Started by deadman1, September 26, 2009, 01:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

Ok it´s finally happend, the space key on my tarantula KB has developed terminal lag *insert sad music*. This happends to all my keyboards for some reason and after reading how happy you all are with your G15´s i decided I would go get one myself tomorrow. Please feel free to fill this thread with tips on how to program the  extra keys and the little LCD screen  ;)

Edit: changed the subject a little / Art

Art Blade

hehehehehehe  ;D :-X

Depends on what you want to do with it - basically today's games provide a customisable keyboard layout, so you only want to program your keyboard when you need a specific sequence of different keys (ie hit esc, arrow right, arrow right, arrow down, enter) or like what I do "keep a key pressed" which means, don't tell the game you've released that key (good for some zoom functions or continuous walking).

Your G15 works like an old tape recorder (select key to program, hit record, do your input, hit stop, then the key will play back your sequence, including delays respectively how long you paused between key-strokes). Alternatively, you can program a key using the application you install with the keyboard. Also, you can edit a recorded sequence, like remove or add a wait cycle as well as adding mouse actions.

Just keep an eye out for what the keyboard could do to help you, especially if you repeatedly do a certain sequence of key-strokes that could be automatised.

You could also remap a key to the G-key, like that PRNTSCR to G6 which is easier accessible while using "wasd" steering plus mouse.

The keyboard software allows you to save profiles for specific games.

The display is just an info screen, usually a clock and date, or cpu and ram usage, or a stop watch and count down timer. When you use your mediaplayer for mp3, it can display song titles. The other "gimmicks" I just don't use.

If you have any questions or problems tell us, we'll try to sort it out :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Art how exactly did you get that always walk thing to w@&k in FC2? I tried to program G1 to keep the W pressed but it won´t do it.

Art Blade

record a keystroke, then go to the keyboard software and edit the recording - remove everything but the "key down" (usually followed by "key up" as in release) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on September 27, 2009, 05:22:26 AM
record a keystroke, then go to the keyboard software and edit the recording - remove everything but the "key down" (usually followed by "key up" as in release) :)
This is a very good tip - edit the macro to remove the unwanted parts - most of us don't think to do that.  :-X

Art Blade

you can go further: ADD wanted things to your recording such as time delay, more keystrokes and mouse clicks (which are only possible during edit)

Tags:
🡱 🡳