Rage

Started by Dweller_Benthos, September 23, 2009, 06:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

http://www.rage-game.com/main.action

This may be it. The new game, if it holds up to the hype that's already brewing for it. Seems to be part FC2, part DOOM, part Fuel and maybe a little RPG thrown in there. The trailer looks cool, and from the previews I've read it's semi-open world. Maybe not completely wide open like FC2, but enough that you can wander around, hopefully not too many invisible walls.

Seems you are a survivor of the big impact, and have just gotten out of your earthquake-damaged underground survival shelter. hmmm.... sounds familiar, Fallout maybe? Anyway, you wander around a desolate landscape looking to upgrade your vehicles and weapons. Take jobs from the local sheriff, and do races and battle mutants to earn cash.

Looks promising..........................
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Ah, cool you came up with it.  :-X I' saw a report about it somewhere, two things I remember: something like mega-textures (like a whole canyon is one single texture, no repetitions) and that the game can't handle changing lights, that means no sunsets or the likes, just "weather is like that, stays that way". Looked cool though :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That looks like exactly the game style that I like and I agree - appears much like FC2 to me.  any idea as to when this one will come out?  From the visuals, I'm more excited about this one than I have been with any game since FC2!  :-X

spaceboy

I read about this one too DB, it's definitely on the radar.  you're synopses sounds right on!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

PZ, I heard 2010, probably late in the year... Boo-hoo  :'( But at least something to look forward to :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Oh my gosh, I was afraid of that - will probably be out in 2011 due to delays.  In fact, because it looks like something I will really enjoy, it might even go the way of Warhound!  :'(

Art Blade

I don't think so. It's ID - they were brilliant with doom, quake, quake2... always up for better graphics than the rest of the world. They got serious cash I believe  :)

deadman1

This definately looks like a game I must check out especially since I have enjoyed all the other games ID has released. I remember almost wetting my pants the firts time I played DOOM 3  ;D

retiredgord

Geez deadman I almost did a number 2 in mine. I thought the smell was from the games' rotting corpses..but it was only me.  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

careful with that level of immersion, Gord  ;D

fragger

:) Dunno if the terms "number 2" and "level of immersion" should be in consecutive posts (ewww...)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, DOOM³ had me trying to see around corners by looking at my monitor sideways, then feeling stupid.

The release date for Rage is set at Spring 2010, let's see if it hits that.
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on September 24, 2009, 08:22:34 AMtrying to see around corners by looking at my monitor sideways

Different games though, but I did that too, lol  ;D ;D :-X

PZ

lol, I did that the last time I was in Wolfenstein - craned my neck to peer around a column!

It's funny how immersed we become at times  ;D

Art Blade

I did it in quake2, HitMan, and I think in Assassin's Creed, apart from other games I don't remember now. Basically every time death waits around the corner :)

fragger

;D Sometimes in FC2 I actually duck my head when a sniper opens up on me!

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos link=topic=1039.msg :-X14510#msg14510 date=1253713051
http://www.rage-game.com/main.action

This may be it. The new game, if it holds up to the hype that's already brewing for it. Seems to be part FC2, part DOOM, part Fuel and maybe a little RPG thrown in there. The trailer looks cool, and from the previews I've read it's semi-open world. Maybe not completely wide open like FC2, but enough that you can wander around, hopefully not too many invisible walls.

Seems you are a survivor of the big impact, and have just gotten out of your earthquake-damaged underground survival shelter. hmmm.... sounds familiar, Fallout maybe? Anyway, you wander around a desolate landscape looking to upgrade your vehicles and weapons. Take jobs from the local sheriff, and do races and battle mutants to earn cash.

Looks promising..........................

As I was playing Fallout 3, I recalled this post, and had to revisit the trailer - the game looks great, and is quite reminiscent of FO3.  However, I just did a search on the game and still nothing about a release date - too bad, it looks like an FO3 with great graphics.  :-X

RedRaven

Quote from: fragger on September 24, 2009, 05:48:45 PM
;D Sometimes in FC2 I actually duck my head when a sniper opens up on me!
Lol, I do exactly the same, Lean from side to side whilst driving vehicles around too, specially the unimog. :-X

Looks like it could be a good game, still no release date yet though.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

deadman1

Art Blade

Thanks, deadman  :)

Bethesda.. they made FallOut and Rage looks as if they used the same tools to create it. And it reminded me of some of the SP missions of Bulletstorm. Driving that vehicle and something else I can't specify reminded me of parts of Borderlands. Hmmmm.. I am surprised that they didn't surprise me  ????

Dweller_Benthos

Looks pretty cool, but a bit more linear than I'd hoped, though you don't see much of the driving between where you get the mission and where it starts on foot, hopefully there's things you can do on the side there.

Nice ninja-star/boomerang thing you get, remind anyone else of an old movie called Krull? Thing called the Glaive (yes, I had to look that up).
D_B

Art Blade

I remember it but not in detail. Indeed, that shuriken-boomerang is interesting  :)

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on April 20, 2011, 11:24:25 AM
Thanks, deadman  :)

Bethesda.. they made FallOut and Rage looks as if they used the same tools to create it. And it reminded me of some of the SP missions of Bulletstorm. Driving that vehicle and something else I can't specify reminded me of parts of Borderlands. Hmmmm.. I am surprised that they didn't surprise me  ????

It´s made by ID software, Bethesda are just the distributor for this game.

Art Blade

That's what made me wonder, exactly. When I think about some of ID's old titles it surprises me that it looks much more like bethesda's FO than ID.

Binnatics

Okay, I just made the decision: I'm gonna buy this game. I think I'll pre-order it at steam, or maybe I'll go for the retail version. Not sure about that yet. But I definitely wanna play this game :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Tags:
🡱 🡳