Rage

Started by Dweller_Benthos, September 23, 2009, 06:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

Some places if you preorder it, they will upgrade you to the Anarchy Edition for free mate, so check a few places first :)
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Binnatics

I will, thanx for the tip ;)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Fiach

Well, word on the street is that its bloody good, I've been looking at some gameplay videos and it looks incredibly like Borderlands, I was expecting more "solid" life-like gfx, but they seem incredibly cartoony (but less so than Borderlands), the scenary and outposts are quite similar too, also the bad guy hangouts are quite similar.

The weapons do look cool and there is one like a three armed boomerang called a wingstick that is a nice addition. For shooting you also have "iron-sights", which is a nice addition for console players like me. The game comes on three discs fro the 360, so for PC you are probably looking at the guts of a 20 gig install, but the gfx load on your card will be light if it can play on a console, maybe there will be some sort of HD patch for the PC version. Its supposed to be better looking than Uncharted, but thats like comparing oranges and apples, with Rage being open world and Uncharted being a pretty enclosed game, so I wouldnt give much credence to it, up close textures seem a bit muddy, with mild pop up in open areas.

Game length apparently about 15 hours, not much for a 20 gig install :(

Rage: Daily Demo Gameplay Movie (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Rage GamePlay Part 1

PZ

I still like the looks of this one!  :-X

Set to be released tomorrow as I see on Amazon.

Binnatics

I allready bought it on presale. Will get the retail version with the anarchy edition. Perfect  ^-^
I'm only a bit shocked that it only provides 15 hours of gameplay ????
How is that possible in an open world game, especially when it's designed by Bethesda?

I think it might have been a slightly too arrogant previewer who just 'thought' he'd complete the game in 15 hours (main storyline of course). Or else I'd be very disappointed.  :(
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Well, you know how some people are - they play through as fast as they can, not really savoring the experience.  :-()

Binnatics

Right. I just stick with the idea it will give me months of joy ^-^

Art Blade

:)

I shall be really interested in what you're going to say about the game once you've got it, Binnatics. So far I would like to like it but it hasn't really convinced me. Too much of yet another Borderlands and FallOut and perhaps Metro2033 make-up and far too little innovation.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Indeed - although I really don't like mutants, the general scenery appeals to me.  I kind of like the Fallout series, and the visuals in Rage appear to be far superior.

spaceboy

I always thought this game looked good and would be good, but I am passing mainly because of too many other games are beating it to my wallet this fall.  Something had to give and it was Rage.  maybe down the road next year in a lull, if there is one, I will check it out.  Looking forward to hearing anyone's take on it though, that's for sure!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

Quote from: Binnatics on October 03, 2011, 09:08:32 AM

How is that possible in an open world game, especially when it's designed by Bethesda?

I think it might have been a slightly too arrogant previewer who just 'thought' he'd complete the game in 15 hours (main storyline of course). Or else I'd be very disappointed.  :(

Well afaik its not designed by Bethesda mate, they are just the publishers, its made by ID, who made the DOOM series.

Quote from: PZ on October 03, 2011, 09:04:16 AM
I still like the looks of this one!  :-X

Set to be released tomorrow as I see on Amazon.

I have the Anarchy edition ordered, but its not released here until friday, which kinda sucks. But it does kinda w@&k out in a good way, there will be lots of reviews before buying, although I have paid for it already LOL, but if its not great, I can switch the money to Skyrim.

20 gigs of an install is a freaking serious investment on a console HD for only 15 hours, so hopefully that piece of information is incorrect.

Art Blade

What I find a bit strange is that we're looking at ID's Rage. I mean, ID, the guys who basically invented 3D shooters with DOOM and some such. Now what.. they look like everyone else. That's the sad bit, from my point of view.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Fiach on October 03, 2011, 10:59:10 AM
...I have the Anarchy edition ordered...

Is there something special regarding the Anarchy edition?  I might want to wait if we get more bang for the buck.

Fiach

Well alot of places will upgrade pre orders to Anarchy for free.

Bethesda has announced a special version of Rage called the Anarchy Edition that will come with a whole slew of extras.

The Anarchy Edition will allow players to access two special weapons, the Double Barrel Shotgun and the Fists of RAGE. Additionally, players will have access to the Rat Rod Buggy, which will replace your standard in-game buggy, and the Crimson Elite Armor, giving you an extra defensive boost.

The best news of all is that by simply pre-ordering the game, you'll be upgraded to the Anarchy Edition for free. And keep in mind that whether you end up with the Anarchy Edition or not, you'll still have access to a new batch of downloadable missions called The Wasteland Sewers.

The sewers are (afaik) underground dungeons that are found randomly in the wasteland, but wont appear (or will be locked), if you only have the vanilla edition.

Hope that helps :)

PZ

Thanks, Fiach - I've often seen the special editions have more to do with MP than SP, but it looks like it is well worth the extra effort to obtain it in my instance.   ;)

Fiach

Absolutely agree there, Off the top of my head I can give two recent examples of "special" editions that really only were special to MP players, but had significant SP campaign, Bulletstorm had a special leash and access to Gears of War Beta, Crysis 2 had some MP stuff as well, which was odd as the only version I have ever seen is the "special" edition on sale.... so not so special really.

What can be really annoying is a game that has free DLC for the first week, to circumvent people buying second hand copies, I can see why they do it, but sometimes the DLC is quite significant in gameplay terms and that can be quite galling as if the game is designed around not letting people choose second hand copies or their game is gimped.

Binnatics

You must be right Fiach, on the ID and Bethesda thing. I remember it came to speach earlier, because the game Rage did make think of Fallout 3. Therefore it got my attention. It seemed like a remake of Fallout, with some, indeed borderlands involved in it.

@ Art: It might indeed be a game without any new features, but as long as it's a world where I'd like to spend time in, it's good for me atm. I think nowadays it's quite hard to make truely new concepts in gaming. Things like Portal for example. Bulletstorm felt new to me as well, but I don't know if they got their inspiration from other games which I don't know.

PZ

Has anyone seen a sniper rifle in the game?  That tends to be one of my more favorite kinds of weapons.  >:D

Binnatics

Hmmmm, I bet there is one :-D

PZ

Is this the game that D_B initially introduced some time ago in which there was a video that depicted a huge clown face as part of a building?  The initial video seems to be gone  :-\\

Fiach

Just a heads up on Rage reviews, apparently the console versions are the best bet at the moment, with mostly positive reviews (9/10 4.5/5) apparently there are a lot of bugs in the PC version currently.

On a positive note, it will ship with a level editor on PC :

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/rage-to-ship-with-full-level-editor-id-studio/

Binnatics

Fiach

Here is a review I like, apart from a high score 4.5/5, which is nice, its actually a very informative review as it covers lore, mini games and weapons (yes there is a sniper rifle :)).

http://wegotthiscovered.com/video-game-review/rage-review/

With regard to its HD size, the 360 comes on two discs (the third disc is for MP only), so that pretty normal, lots of games do, You can install the first disc, complete that and uninstall it, then install the second disc and continue the rest of the game.

The PS3 disc has a pretty huge capacity (50gig?), so afaik the game comes on one disc, but this article says it has a 8gig download. I dont use my PS3 much, so I dont know if this means that you will have a mandatory install of 8gigs from the disc, or if it will be optional, I seem to remember that the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat had a mandatory install of 4 gigs, that increased as you played through the game.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/rage-3-discs-xbox360-8gb-download-ps3/

PZ

I'm glad I got a new console - that game wouldn't fit on my old unit even if I deleted every game I had.  ????

Fiach

Quote from: PZ on October 04, 2011, 09:58:10 AM
I'm glad I got a new console - that game wouldn't fit on my old unit even if I deleted every game I had.  ????

My 360 only had a 20 gig HD when I got it, I was lucky when Zaavi (retail chain) went out of business I got 2 120 gig drives for 60€ total, unfortunately they wont fit on the new black 360's, but still, they should keep me going for quite awhile :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳