Troublesome diamonds: The one near the fort

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 25, 2009, 05:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Decided to make screens of the ones that get a lot of questions, here's the one by the fort that you have to jump the gap.

Looking up from the path below at the two rocks you need to jump to & from:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Looking along the rock from where you need to start running, jump at the very last moment and keep running once on the other side.

[smg id=4839]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

retiredgord

Thankss D_B.  I will try that again.  I was trying it from the top rock and dropping.  I had saved at the safehouse around the corner (redoing the North) and this one has been tough.  The glider down to the one by Goka Falls takes a bit of skill which I have not mastered yet, but will try a few more times.  The one in Petro Sachel is my current pursuit.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Dweller_Benthos

The one in Petrol Sahel is fairly easy, jump from the railing around the top of the oil tank to the top of the railroad car.

If I ever get video output hooked up, I may make videos of the hang glider ones.
D_B

PZ

Great idea to start a "Troublesome diamonds:" series D_B,

Goes along with the "Journal entry:" and the "Raid the" naming conventions - makes finding the correct information quite a bit easier!

JRD

I agree with pzrzao... its a great idea to make specific posts of tricky diamonds with a stardard name.
That series will surely be welcome by many FC2maps users and guests!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

spearhead_22

pzrzao, I was thinking that if videos could be embedded in this site, then we could make a few of them, mostly important ones, which shows "how to" get difficult diamond briefcases, hang glider moves and stuff like that. Since you are the developer of this site, if someone wants to post a video, make him/her post it to you first for approval.
Just a thought.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

JRD

Quote from: spearhead_22 on March 25, 2009, 09:17:21 AM
pzrzao, I was thinking that if videos could be embedded in this site, then we could make a few of them, mostly important ones, which shows "how to" get difficult diamond briefcases, hang glider moves and stuff like that. Since you are the developer of this site, if someone wants to post a video, make him/her post it to you first for approval.
Just a thought.

I was thinking the same, maybe walkthroughs or just any funny happening during gameplay.....
How do you plan on taking the videos? We were discussing this idea on another post and I left it aside for now... FRAPS? Camtasia?
By the way... spearhead_22, are you a PC or console guy?

PZ

Fantastic ideas guys - I'll find some way to get it done - I need to w@&k out some way to do uploads.

On a slightly different but related note, D_B's screen caps of the diamond locations are something that I could easily add to the maps - allow users to click the diamonds in these tricky areas to see the thread that was started in how to get to them.

Man, it seems like the good ideas keep on flowing!

Midway

I think the jump is accomplished better if you wait until later in the game when your stamina is higher.  I tried it early in the game and I kept falling off the edge once I jumped on the other rock.  It is like I couldn't go no further even keeping the forward button mashed so I let go and fall down (with the sounds of broken bones, lol).  I tried it again later and successfully jumped it.

retiredgord

Thanks to D_B's suggestion the diamond near the fort is mine, as well as I finally managed to retreive the one on the railcar at Petro  Sahel. The LAST case to get to is the one on the ledge near Goka Falls in what I'm finding a hard challenge.  By the way I saved at the Safehouse near and then crept in with silenced pistol (equipped it from Weapons shop).  Took out most before they knew where I was hiding on top of the tank.  I moved the truck underneath my jump line to lessen my injury should I miss.  I did miss several times and went thru all my syrettes. Anyway a power jum and I finally made it.  Thanks again.

Ricamundo

If you hit the shift key (run) while you jump to that railcar, it's much easier.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

spearhead_22

Quote from: jrderntl on March 25, 2009, 10:31:29 AM
I was thinking the same, maybe walkthroughs or just any funny happening during gameplay.....
How do you plan on taking the videos? We were discussing this idea on another post and I left it aside for now... FRAPS? Camtasia?
By the way... spearhead_22, are you a PC or console guy?

Yeah, I plan to use FRAPS to record the videos and then use a video converter to compress the file size. I've used both FRAPS and Camtasia, but for some unknown reason, the audio in the game doesn't get recorded. The video is fine. I think FRAPS is much easier to use as well, plus, you can take screenshots of some pages like the Statistics page, which else is not possible through the "PrtScr" button of the keyboard or through typing in the console.

I am a PC guy for most of the (FPS) Shooting games, but sometimes I play a few games like Army of Two, Tekken, Mortal Combat Vs DC Universe, etc in consoles. I am playing the PC version of FC2.

Dweller_Benthos

Some more images, you don't jump from the lower rock, but the upper:

[smg id=4873]

Here's the exact route. I did the jump with a level three malaria, so I don't think that effects it.

[smg id=4874]

The route you take after jumping:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

[smg id=4875]
D_B

PZ

Man, the northeast region of Leboa is accumulating quite a bit of clickable data - this is cool...

spearhead_22

I made a video of how to jump from one rock to the other and finally reach the troublesome diamond case near the Fort.

** This video is made much later after the diamonds were collected.

[smg id=55 type=av]

PZ

Great video spearhead_22, I've never collected that diamond, and watching this movie almost makes me feel like I've been there, and certainly, I can find my way now.

spearhead_22

Thanks, PZ. It's pretty easy to reach that diamond briefcase. Just give it a try. Good Luck!  ;)

PZ

Well, I hate to admit it, but I've been kind of a lazy merc in the game - mostly doing missions and very little in the way of diamond or tape collection - just the ones I come across.  I guess that I'm probably missing out on quite a bit of the action and now have something else to look forward to.

PZ

Well, I started another play though on the PS3 recently and just received a mission from Paul to get the documents from the Fort.  My usual method is to go to the northeast bus stop, hit the fort snipers from the east trail and then sneak in, usually without triggering an alert, then leaving with my prize (no diamonds though)

This time I drove  Uni north from Pala to the armory near the waterfall and then made my way into the fort area from the west, up the road to the front door.  I must say that this way is much more difficult than the back door approach, however, I did manage to get the easy diamond inside the fort, and then went out to jump across the rock bridge to get the other diamond east of the fort.  Never would have found that one without this thread - thanks D_B.

It has been much fun going through again trying to drive most places rather than taking the bus - lots of diamonds and tapes to find.

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 29, 2009, 12:53:50 PM
lots of diamonds and tapes to find.

Just curious... are you going for the 1,000 rocks?

PZ

Lol, no - the only thing I'm worse at than finding diamonds is shooting (and hitting)!  ;D

retiredgord

PZ go for all the rocks. I'm on second play thru with ALL the diamond cases and their contents.  It's a nice touch to end up with the full works and  see 221 of 221 cases in the books.

JRD

Quote from: retiredgord on June 29, 2009, 05:29:51 PM
PZ go for all the rocks. I'm on second play thru with ALL the diamond cases and their contents.  It's a nice touch to end up with the full works and  see 221 of 221 cases in the books.

... and buy everything there is to buy... besides, getting all diamonds gets you to places where you never been before  ;)
But forget it retiredgord, I once tried to make PZ's mind into getting all rocks but if he never did it after 10 or more playthroughs, he won't do it now  ;D

PZ

JRD is probably correct, although it is not for want of doing it - There are a few that I've tried to get but still have not been able to reach.  However, I am collecting diamonds and visiting places that I've never seen before in hopes of starting new merc wars...  ;)

DKM2

Quote from: retiredgord on June 29, 2009, 05:29:51 PM
Yes, very satisfying!
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Tags:
🡱 🡳