Troublesome diamonds: The one near the fort

Started by Dweller_Benthos, March 25, 2009, 05:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Quote from: DKM2 on June 30, 2009, 06:22:53 AM
Quote from: retiredgord on June 29, 2009, 05:29:51 PM
PZ go for all the rocks. I'm on second play thru with ALL the diamond cases and their contents.  It's a nice touch to end up with the full works and  see 221 of 221 cases in the books.
Yes, very satisfying!

Agreed; I've gotten the 1000 diamonds on the 360, and now the PC....found climbing/jumping much easier on the PC though...easier to control the glider also  :)

PZ

I too experience what appears to be higher jumping on the PC - I don't know if I'm just projecting, but it certainly appears that I don't have as many problems with obstacles as I do on the console.

Thanks for the encouragement guys - although I'll probably not be able to get them all, I'll give it a try.  Who knows, maybe with the PC, I'll have better luck! (Especially with the kinds of diamonds that are in dangerous locations like the one in PetroSahel.)

retiredgord

Petro Sahel..kill the mercs, grab the big truck at the gate and park it below your jumping line. Go to the top, hop up on the rail and move very slowly to the maximum spot closest to the railcar.  Then do a power jump and if you do it right you're on the car. If not it's an easier drop to the truck and usually very little health gone and you can do it again. If the trcuk is not there it may be a buddy save or you're merc meat.
I hope this helps..it's my way and not too hard.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Thanks Gord, I like the truck idea to break my fall!   :-X

retiredgord

You're welcome.  I left my head and body prints in the ground several times before I tried the truck as a landing pad.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Quote from: PZ on June 29, 2009, 12:53:50 PM
My usual method is to go to the northeast bus stop, hit the fort snipers from the east trail and then sneak in, usually without triggering an alert, then leaving with my prize (no diamonds though)

Well... I did my first insertion into the fort undetected yesterday and I must admit that it's thrilling to accomplish that.
The fort has always been quite troublesome to me and I usually wipe all resistence before going in, which is really funny as well. As part of my 3rd go on FC2, I'm using a lot of stealth this time... MP5SD, 6P9 and Dart are my friends and I'm resisting to buy my PKM this time  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I remember that on my first through I was so tensed up with a fort mission... I managed to kill everybody with a 6P9 and a Dart, undetected. I entered from the little entrance near the shooting range, and hid in one of the towers. The mercs were a bit nervous but then returned to their routine. Every time lol... Took me like an hour or so until the last merc silently deceased  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Uuusshh... 1 hour?
I'm not that patient... I killed only those I had to:
2 snipers; 1 merc patrolling the eastern pathway; 2 mercs near the Predecessor envelope and the King  ;D
4 darts and one burst of my MP5
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

haha, yea... you know, it was my first through... no cheats, area unknown, not yet having fun with the mercs... they were a serious thread! I sat watching their movements, patiently, until a patrolling merc came past my window, below and opposite of me... Aimed, and killed, shot only when it was a safe kill, not taking any chances... That was thrilling  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I really like the stealth method as well as being the Rambo type.  In fact, you have a good choice of weapons to fit almost every style!  :-X

tehsam016

and it's always fun to mix stealth and rambo type tactics =P.

Art Blade

hahahahaha! dart one, and lob over a complementory 'nade afterwards, just to shoo away the silence  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳