curves.xml modifications

Started by Art Blade, August 30, 2011, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

^+-+

There is a link on that forum somewhere that allows you to download a Curves.xml that contains changes regarding malaria ("cure" as in timers set too high to kick in from what I gather) and some sort of infinite sprint stamina. I added it to my patch/mod. :)

Then someone claimed to have changed some values in player.xml that made the AI "blind and retarded" but I have used the exact same values in my file without success. His changes and my additional changes seem to make the mercs even more alert and aggressive  ??? ^+-+

Another guy and Gibbed were talking about vehicle chases and how they stopped them (funny, one set the values to 0 and the other one to 100, zero is the right one as far as I can tell) so I tried it myself. Patrols will still chase you but GPs (Guard Posts) won't use their vehicles to chase you.

Then I set all common (available to mercs) weapon values to "1" (range, accuracy, damage, reliability) but they seem to be able to "kick a$$" as they say, I am able to counter their attacks with my hit damage multiplier and modded manuals (those that you can buy at the arms dealer) which turn my weapons into non-degrading killer tools. Still, no matter how high I set the player-only weapon values and hit damage multipliers for body parts, they still get wounded a lot of times rather than instantly killed (which also happens). The mortar guy was able to blow up my parked and abandoned vehicle and while I was walking around I took more or less minor damage from his rounds despite "0.1" damage mod for the mortar.

All in all, the game has changed a lot, some of the changes are unexpected and not intended, and now it is really interesting. I even have disabled my until then beloved ignore player and god mode cheats as well as the (now unnecessary) reliability cheat. I keep using the timescale 0 (weather and time of day gets stuck at what you last saved, changes are possible by using the sleep function in safehouses) and unlimited ammo -- I could mod the bandoliers and satchels but at least I don't run out of syrettes which I do need with my modded game, lol  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 30, 2011, 08:16:40 PM
Then someone claimed to have changed some values in player.xml that made the AI "blind and retarded" but I have used the exact same values in my file without success. His changes and my additional changes seem to make the mercs even more alert and aggressive  ??? ^+-+

This is interesting - although I would not want them "blind", it would be nice to have them less cognizant of my presence, or at least if it was possible to increase the value of the effectiveness of camouflage so that your stealthy approach would be more effective.

It is also a great idea to stop the GP mercs from chasing you in their vehicles, because that would allow you to blow through their GP without always having to fight them off.  This makes travel along the main roads a bit less nasty.

Tags:
🡱 🡳