Stunning game titles for 2014?

Started by Binnatics, December 28, 2013, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

For me, the main target in upcoming year is GTA V PC. If it comes before summer and if it has a solid MP like GTA IV had, I wonät need any other game next year. Iäll be probably only playing in Los Santos until I see my colleagues through scope site with a crosshair between their eyes :angel:

But I also look forward to a no nonsense shooter like killzone; shadow fall (for PC) or some other good MP shooter that will function without lagging and with a high skill=satisfaction grade.

I also look forward to a good coop game. Something like a singleplayer that is possible to entirely play in coop, with extra benefits regarding strategies etc.

As you may realise, I donät have a big list of titles that may be worth trying, just some strong desires. Actually, I think I can survive 2014 with only 3 good titles: GTA V, good MP shooter, good COOP game. Thatäs it. Iäm thinking about upgrading my vid card to make the joy in those games raise to the ceiling :)

Hope you will add your desires as well, and who knows you provide me with the excellent tip that will lead to my joy 8)

Edit: Sorry for the äs all over, I currently type on a spanish Macbook thatäs applied to Swedish preferences, so any reading token brings a surprise to me. I stopped wondering how to overcome, itäs still readable anyway ::)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Iäm waiting for GTAV, too. And a racing game called Assetto Corsa. Thatäs all  :)

Iäm using a German keyboard and am doing this on purpose. :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Nothing for me so far.  I might get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 though - my son is playing online with his friends, and is having a blast.  He's invited me to join his group of thugs

Binnatics

Quote from: Art Blade on December 28, 2013, 07:33:48 PM
Iäm using a German keyboard and am doing this on purpose. :-()

You....... you.... :laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

Thief 4

Game Overview
Garrett, the Master Thief, steps out of the shadows into the City. In this treacherous place, where the Baron's Watch spreads a rising tide of fear and oppression, his skills are the only things he can trust. Even the most cautious citizens and their best-guarded possessions are not safe from his reach.
As an uprising emerges, Garrett finds himself entangled in growing layers of conflict. Lead by Orion, the voice of the people, the tyrannized citizens will do everything they can to claim back the City from the Baron's grasp. The revolution is inevitable. If Garrett doesn't get involved, the streets will run red with blood and the City will tear itself apart.
Features
YOU ARE GARRETT, THE MASTER THIEF: Step into the silent shoes of Garrett, a dark and lonely thief with an unrivalled set of skills. The most challenging heists, the most inaccessible loots, the best kept secrets: nothing is out of your reach.
THE CITY: YOURS FOR THE TAKING: Explore the sick and troubled City, from its shady back alleys to the heights of its rooftops. Sneak into rich houses, Infiltrate the best-guarded mansions and lurk in every dark corner... unnoticed and unsanctioned.
CHOOSE YOUR APPROACH: Leverage Garrett's arsenal to take down guards with your blackjack, shoot one of your many arrow types or use your newly acquired focus abilities to manipulate the environment and outsmart your enemies. What kind of master thief will you be?
UNPRECEDENTED IMMERSION: Become one with the world thanks to ground-breaking visual elements and a truly tactile and visceral first-person experience. Through jaw-dropping Next-Gen technical possibilities, THIEF delivers unprecedented immersion through sights, sounds and artificial intelligence

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/thief.aspx

fragger

Nuthin speshel for me stan sowt. MaybyI'll seewodda cummin yeer brings, tillen I'll juss stik wiv wottI got.

I'm usen an Ostrayan keebord an I'm doonit jusdabeya smartarse. (Ann whaddayano - the lars wurd cums out the say monboth).

Art Blade

"Ostrayan keebord" LMAO
MUAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: +1 :-X for that entire post fragger mate!!
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

^-^ :-X Eggzellent zbelling dare, mait ^-^ Tjirzz, ~* ;)

Gotta say that title sounds promising Nex!!!
I am also interested in Evolve. A game that will be launched this autumn by 2K games that bought the rights of both Left for Dead and Counter Strike when THQ died. They decided to combine those two games into a new setup; a group of 4, against a fifth player that will be the monster. Imagine a team like in LFD, with TF2-like specialities (medic, assault, heavy, scout, that sort of) fighting against a monster with superpowers. All 5 players human, so it's brutal force against teamwork. Graphics should be based on the new gen consoles, and it will be available for PC right away. And the good thing is; 2K games designs proper, non-lagging online gameplay. Much better than the crappy performance Ubi has to offer, with their 19th century game servers ::)
The game will be situated in the near future, on a violent planet where both flora and fauna will be violent. Sounds promising as well :)

nexor

Sounds like you been to SA lately fragger  ???
because it looks a lot like how English is spoken in the "NEW" SA   ::)  :-D

Art Blade

is that "new" English that resembles Aussie English an improvement or a deterioration, in your opinion?

I can already virtually see fragger sharpening his daggers in anticipation of a certain reply. :-D

Binnatics

Art Blade

I am?  ??? No. Just laying out baits. :-D

nexor

What I meant is in the way the words are spelt, it's very similar as to how the new SA people spell a lot of words, if we try and spell these new words to resemble how they pronounce them then we need a whole new dictionary, because it takes time to decipher.
Things are so bad now, all teachers have to write an exam on the subjects they teach, so the department of education can determine whether they are competent to teach  :o

Binnatics

Art Blade

Art Blade

thanks to mandru who pointed me to Trevor Noah, I found this little gem.

He's on about grammar and punctuation..
Trevor Noah: Crazy Normal - President Jacob Zuma's Speech

..and teachers.  :)
Trevor Noah: Daywalker 2.0 - Oprah's School in South Africa

nexor

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on January 16, 2014, 10:08:27 AM
is that "new" English that resembles Aussie English an improvement or a deterioration, in your opinion?

I can already virtually see fragger sharpening his daggers in anticipation of a certain reply. :-D

It can only be an improvement >:D

What else can I say? The bait was too tempting :-D

Art Blade

fragger

PZ

Quote from: PZ on December 28, 2013, 10:38:34 PM
Nothing for me so far.  I might get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 though - my son is playing online with his friends, and is having a blast.  He's invited me to join his group of thugs

I played Battlefield 4 (for the PS4) online with my son today, and it actually was a blast.  Lots of maps to play, lots of people per game (like 65 or so) broken into squads of 4.  If you are killed, you can choose to spawn in a variety of places, or you can spawn with one of your squad members.

The PS4 comes with an ear bud plus microphone that plugs directly into the controller so you easily have voice contact with your squad members

Art Blade

team play without voice chat is nearly useless. Good idea, a plug in the controller.  :) :-X

nexor

If BF4 SP is anything like BF3 then I will let it pass, to me BF3 is  just shoot everything that comes in your way or getting shot by invisable shooters from all directions, you also have to fight your way through the ruines of massive buildings of which nothing makes sense as to why and for what reason all the destruction, with none or a very limited storyline.
Guess FC2, BC2 and MOH 2010 spoilt me.   :-(

PZ

Quote from: nexor on January 19, 2014, 01:32:19 PM
If BF4 SP is anything like BF3 then I will let it pass, to me BF3 is  just shoot everything that comes in your way or getting shot by invisable shooters from all directions, you also have to fight your way through the ruines of massive buildings of which nothing makes sense as to why and for what reason all the destruction, with none or a very limited storyline.

You're correct, nex - although the single player version of B4 is tons better than B3.  I also have B3, and gave up on it before I'd even made it much past the story intro.  Although the game play in B4 is not that different, the graphics are so stunning that I'm actually having fun in the single player version.  Playing online is also quite a bit of fun - you can do anything in a battle from close quarters combat to aircraft, tanks, and just about anything.

Problem is that like with any other multiplayer game, I will not play enough to become really proficient, thereby always being the one killed most often.

If you can get it for a few bucks on the bargain racks one of these days, it might be worth it.

Tags:
🡱 🡳