The game isn't bad...

Started by Fiach, January 18, 2012, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiach

It's just hard...

So claims the developer of Amy a survival horror game, so in PR speak, does hard, really mean bad?

http://www.destructoid.com/amy-dev-claims-its-game-is-just-hard-instead-of-crap--219848.phtml
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

I'm so out of it, I didn't even know that was a game (I thought you misspelled the name or something). Still don't know much except that it apparently sucks. Plus I guess it's a console only game and I tend to ignore those.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Haven't heard anything about that game myself - there are so many games that it is difficult to keep up.

It's good to see these kinds of postings so at least we can be aware of these titles.  :-X

spaceboy

I don't know anything about Amy, but Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are widely regarded as both Hard and Great, so it worries me if a dev has to tell people its just Hard and not crap.  Granted I've enjoyed plenty of games that weren't highly regarded by the vast majority, so you can't totally go by the public either.

edit  lol I typed "amything" 
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Fiach

Quote from: spaceboy on January 18, 2012, 10:39:34 AM

edit  lol I typed "amything"

Thats called a Freudian slip mate, its when you say one thing and mean amother  >:D

spaceboy

Art Blade

The Freudian slip is not necessarily "meaning something else" but thinking about something else that gets mixed up with what you're half-heartedly saying :)

You, for instance.. by lecturing spaceboy you might have thought about how your mother kept telling you how rude it was to lecture someone and maybe beating it into you yet you keep doing it.  >:D

Quote from: Fiach on January 18, 2012, 12:07:12 PM
Thats called a Freudian slip mate, its when you say one thing and mean amother  >:D

However, given the proximity of M and N on the keyboard, it might have been just a typo. That goes both for space and for Fiach. :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

spaceboy

lol -  I think Fiach's was intentional.  That is a bit of a joke quote I think, taking the standard "say one thing and mean another" and adding the Freudian's Oedipus complex spin on it.   I saw a quote that said more specifically  "say one thing and mean your mother".

Art Blade

at least it didn't slip my attention :) And you just blew my defence of your damn slip.  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Fiach

No sweat Art, sometimes a cigar... is just a cigar  :-D

mandru

So... Amy's going to be a mother of a game?  ????
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

:-D

A friend of mine made a Freudian slip when he was having dinner with his wife. He meant to say "Pass the salt", but instead he said
Spoiler
You've made my life miserable, you rotten cow

fragger

Regarding that PR guy defending Amy: someone really should explain to him that insulting your customers' intelligence isn't exactly going to win them over ::)

A crap game by amy other name... ;) :-()

Art Blade

Sometimes Freudian slips are hard to cover.

On a train:

She (staring out the window)  ::)
He (mumbling to himself): Stick up your arse a feather.. >:D
She: Excuse me?  ???
He: Oh.. I said, particularly nasty weather.   :angel:

Fiach

Quote from: Art Blade on January 18, 2012, 05:00:17 PM

He (mumbling to himself): Stick up your arse a feather.. >:D

Sounds like Yoda lol  :laugh:

Nice one Fragger :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳