What are your fave games..any platform

S.P
6 (85.7%)
S.P and M.P
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: August 15, 2009, 02:47:47 PM

DKM2

Best Starwars game was Tie Fighter (old DOS game)
I'd wish they'd do a re-make of that.. bah, they'd likely ruin it...

I still have the guide books, which reminds me I should
look up some of the virtual DOS things, see if I can get it to go.

"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

Quotethe mafia standover man that poses as our bobcat operator
erm... I don't understand that at all, no luck with dictionaries. Could you please explain that phrase to me?

Ah, I forgot about CoD series. Got all of them but one which was console-only. I too liked modern warfare a lot.

And old games... man, do you guys remember WING COMMANDER I, II, III, IV... oh my gosh! I loved that game.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

DKM2

I remember the movie, threw up a little.    :P
Lesson learned, popcorn, not as good the second time down.    :(
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

yuck LOL  ;D

yeah, the movie was nothing like the game. Sad, really.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on August 20, 2009, 09:24:36 AM
Quotethe mafia standover man that poses as our bobcat operator
erm... I don't understand that at all, no luck with dictionaries. Could you please explain that phrase to me?

Sorry, mate! A "bobcat" is like a miniature bulldozer, normally used in landscaping, eg. for clearing a yard prior to laying new lawn, and such. You may have a different name for them. They require a bit of skill to operate, so you normally have to hire a guy to operate it, as well as hiring the bobcat itself if the guy doesn't come with one. And in this country, this doesn't come cheap...
I thought bobcats were an international thing. I'm not sure where they're made, for all I know they may be strictly an Aussie innovation.

RedRaven

now i'm confused

[smg id=1236] [smg id=1235]
need to go back to bed
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

lol!  ;D ;D

I like your new avatar, dke. I guess Boba must've fallen into that big mouth in the sand, eh?

RedRaven

doesnt take much to confuse me these days :P
i actually thought there was a military vehicle possibly helicopter called bobcat, would seem not to be.
but whilst looking for a pic found this article

And now cant stop thinking about robotic cats waging war against dogs....... ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

fragger

Quote from: dke58 on August 21, 2009, 02:19:11 AM
And now cant stop thinking about robotic cats waging war against dogs....... ;D

;D ;D ;D

Looked at that article you found. I WANT ONE OF THOSE! Then I can sack the guy who's operating the one that's clawing up our yard, and I can get my arm and leg back!
The article cleared one thing up, bobcats are an American-made product. The machine, that is, not the big puddy-tat.

Art Blade

alright, hehe, now I am left with "standover man" - what is that?

fragger

Quote from: Art Blade on August 21, 2009, 06:35:09 AM

A "standover man" is a hired thug who threatens physical violence to make someone who owes money pay up.
Geez, Art, didn't you ever watch any gangster movies?  ;D

PZ

lol, I've watched lots of gangster movies, and in fact, when I was young, my parents almost purchased one of Al Capone's old vacation homes in San Diego (that would have been cool - I was disappointed) - but I must confess that I too was not familiar with the term "standover man" (I did know what a Bobcat was though!)

fragger

My apologies, guys, "standover man" must be an Australian expression.
Boy, did that joke ever fall flat!

Living in one of Al Capone's old houses would have indeed been cool, PZ! I can just imagine the real estate agent's pitch, though:
"Whatever you do, don't dig up the basement floor..." ;D

PZ

rofl - good one!  Although I'm not sure he actually ever spent much time there.  Yeah, I was just a teenager and there was a cool tiny out-building that I wanted as my bedroom.

Art Blade

thanks for the help with those terms. Don't worry about that joke, at least we all now know some Aussie expressions  ;D The next time they come up we will understand them  :-X

DKM2

Quote from: fragger on August 21, 2009, 07:07:36 AM
Quote from: Art Blade on August 21, 2009, 06:35:09 AM

A "standover man" is a hired thug who threatens physical violence to make someone who owes money pay up.
Geez, Art, didn't you ever watch any gangster movies?  ;D

we call them tax collectors here...

Art Blade

PZ

fragger

Quote from: DKM2 on August 22, 2009, 06:40:03 AM
we call them tax collectors here...

Excellent!  ;D ;D ;D :-X

RedRaven

Anybody checked out AVATAR yet ? film or game ?.
Game was released by Ubisoft on 1/12/09 and looks pretty slick. Its out on PC, Xbox360, Wii, PS3 and PSP.
Cheers

Fiach

Yes, I was looking into it, The vehicles (for want of a better word) are varied but sucky, with very bad controls.

That kind of killed it for me, but the rest of the stuff is pretty good, the gfx are a mixed bag, sometimes great, but now and again, they slide.

Combat is varied, guns for RDA, bows for Na'vi.

You get to choose a side after playing for a bit, you can be RDA (think marine), or Na'vi (go native), there are also spells of sorts, but nothing great.

Not worth doing a review, but I would say maybe 7/10, which is better than most movie tie-ins.

The next big game on my horizon would be Bayonetta, dunno if it will get a PC release, its definately on 360 and PS3.

The PS3 is ported from the 360 (which is a bit odd), by a different company than the original dev's and suffers slightly because of this.
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RedRaven

Bayonetta does look nice, shame its console only, but will have PS3 before its out in the EU.

Waiting for Stalker Call of the Pripyat and Metro 2033 for PC release :)

Fiach

Here is a quick video review of Avatar by Whitey, I like his reviews and they are usually pretty much on the nail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLkDLLvm2So
WITH A GUN FOR A LOVER AND A SHOT FOR THE PAIN.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

RedRaven

I know alot of people dislike steam, but for those who do not I saw a good offer through them. Its called Valve Complete Pack, includes Half life, Counter Strike, Left for Dead, Portal etc etc.22 Titles in all (games & expansions).

Cost is only £52:99, but you get £160:32 worth of software. Not a bad deal really.

Just thought would let you all know in case any of those games float your boat (so to speak).

Also just noticed they got a THQ pack too, so they probably got a few others on the go.

JRD

With the prices thay charge for a game in Brazil, I'd say that STEAM is one of the most interesting inventions in my gaming life  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That is, if you want to buy original software, of course... I can get all of those games for some US$$20 in the middle of the streets with no fuss... but I won't!

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Tags:
🡱 🡳