weird glitch

Started by Binnatics, December 27, 2012, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Interesting additions my friend.  :-X

You are of course right about those other animals.  I was stuck in the mind set that I was only counting animals that attack or could be skinned.  ^-^

I'll need to try finding a macaque I can drop an iron site on to see if they can be tagged him to round out the informational set.  Sure I could just try the camera but if there's an annoying critter in the game that deserves to be converted into a lingering airborne flash of fuzz it's those damn monkeys.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

you can actually kill and skin one or two of those buggers  :) It's possible in one mission where you crawl around in some kind of a sunken temple compound where you have to find a way through narrow corridors and occasionally dive through ruins of some sort. Can't actually recall which mission it was but that I did kill one of those pesky screaming fluffballs. The skin was just some item like the feathers of a crow that cannot be used for crafting hence they sell cheaply. You can't get those of Amanaki Town, however.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

The macaques in Amanaki town tag with the camera.  Then I went up on the hillside to the West of town and found a spot that allows me to pull out the AMR, sight up on them when they're easier to find and I smoked the little buggers.  >:D
- mandru

Art Blade

congratz, +1 :-X  :) I tried and never managed. Now I have a goal  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

Here's yet another weirdness. (Can't leave it alone.  I just keep digging, don't I?  >:D )

Many of the rivers in FC3 have current that will mildly tow you along.  When that condition exists try tossing in a big truck.  The easiest place to try this out is at the lumber yard on the North island as there are two respawn spots for the big trucks (outside the fence N. end and beyond the buildings S. end) and the river is  right there.  I've tried every other land vehicle with this and only the big trucks are grabbed by the current and dragged (for some reason tail end first) down stream with the dual rear wheels locked in place and the front wheels (trailing in the current) turning in the direction the truck is being dragged.

The weirdness for this really comes into play (but not on the lumber yard strip of river as it stays quite deep) when a river goes really shallow so that the wheels are only half covered (yet still bouncing up and over exposed rocks in the riverbed) and you can stand by or even walk around the truck without being kicked over into swimming animation.  The current continues to affect the truck as if it is still fully submerged.  A bend in the river might actually force the back wheels up onto shore and then drag the truck back into the channel of the current.  If the river is very deep and becomes shallow abruptly the truck can be observed to roll steeply up hill.  In some situations where this occurs the movement of the truck can become rapid and lunging along violently.  This dragging effect is not exactly current and definitely not an effect of gravity but I will continue to refer to it as current for the sake of convenience.

I've even encountered one spot where the truck's progress would normally be blocked by the presence of the lip of the drop off of a waterfall along the river's path but the majority of the river flow diverts into a nearby cave hauling the truck right along through its entire length for a subterranean excursion.

There will be a continual scraping sound of the locked rear wheels dragging along the bottom.  Diving under to examine the wheels will show bubbles being kicked up as they are scuffed along.  Be aware that unless you are keeping full visual contact with the truck if you wander beyond the range of that dragging sound it will often cause the truck to disappear.   The influence of the current will end sometimes without seeming reason mid river course but always when the presence of a lake or ocean becomes more dominant.

Being a fairly slow and nonsensical way to travel when the water is deep enough to allow it I swim above the canopy or bed of the truck so that when (and if) it gets shallow I can stand up on top of the truck as it emerges and equip my weapons to shoot at any passing enemies or animals to pass the time as I bump along.  And if the current lags and my progress is impeded (when I'm atop the truck) three quick charges of C-4 tossed under the front bumper will sometimes get things moving again.  ;D
- mandru

Art Blade

that's some strange stuff, mandru -- nice discovery and observation. :)

mandru

Quote from: mandru on January 24, 2014, 10:36:17 AM

I've even encountered one spot where the truck's progress would normally be blocked by the presence of the lip of the drop off of a waterfall along the river's path but the majority of the river flow diverts into a nearby cave hauling the truck right along through its entire length for a subterranean excursion.

Here's a correction for this part of my post above.

There wasn't a nearby waterfall.  :-[

I went back to find the X,Y coordinates and realized my error.  By the way X:679.0, Y:734.0 is a good launch point on the verge of a cliff at the bottom of a straight downhill run giving the truck good placement in the current of the river below.  The current at that point has only the mouth of the cave in it's course.

The easiest way to initially locate this area on the river and the mentioned cave so that you can give it a good eye-balling (before dragging a big truck clear across the map) is to start with one of the water vehicles in the river that marks the North of Bad Town.  Looking at the map this river runs East West and the Western point where the river appears to disappear for a short distance before resuming again is the part of the river's course that runs underground.

Happy spelunking.  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

:-D

as an aside, "Spelunke" is a term in German for a shabby pub. :-()

mandru

- mandru

fragger

:laugh:

Good find mandru :-X A kudo for your exploratory prowess +1

PZ

Quote from: fragger on January 25, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

Good find mandru :-X A kudo for your exploratory prowess +1

+1 from me as well!

Quote from: Art Blade on January 25, 2014, 06:59:46 AM

as an aside, "Spelunke" is a term in German for a shabby pub. :-()

:laugh: :-X

mandru

Thanks for the  +1's guys.  I just keep thrashing around and trip over this stuff.  :-D

Wait till I post the picture of the crock I scooped up in the back of the truck last night.  Man was he irritated.  :o
- mandru

Binnatics

Amazing find Mandru!! +1 from me as well :-X

I love the thoroughly investigations you let loose on this glitchy game environment. It's always a good read and another temptation to go back wandering the islands again too ;) :)
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

Thanks Binn.  ^-^

OK as promised:

[smg id=6565 type=preview align=center caption="Hitch Hiker"]

[smg id=6566 type=preview align=center caption="Load of Crock"]

It's been so long since I've posted an image I had to dig my notes out and learn how to do it all over again.  :-[
- mandru

Art Blade

:laugh: alright old chap, you've got your +1 :-X from me now :-D :-D

fragger

That's hilarious, great pics :laugh: :-X

nexor

Like your pet mandru, is he housebroken?   :-D

mandru

My toothy friend's not nearly as lively as he looks.

I was standing on top of the truck as it was being dragged down the river.  I spotted the crock in some duckweed that was positioned right before those rocks you see in the first picture that the truck is being thrust up and over.  Not knowing if the crock would interfere with the passage of the truck I shot him and timing was just right to scoop him up in the open back end.

I know that if I'm swimming while using the command line cheats godmode and nodetect crocks can't be pushed out of the way as they drift there by the shore.  As near as I can tell a live crock is stiff as a rod and immovable.  I've tried crashing a jeep into a crock but never succeeded in killing one that way though a boat does the trick nicely.

By being dead and rag doll flexible he just looks like he's daring you to try to pull him out of there. 
- mandru

nexor

Either way I wont try, I like having my fingers intact   :-()

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

fragger

There's got to be a gag about "Crocodile Rock" in there somewhere but I can't think of one :-()

mandru

- mandru

Art Blade

"Croc solid" perhaps?  :-D

Tags:
🡱 🡳