Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood MP

Started by PZ, August 27, 2010, 09:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Just in case there is any interest in the upcoming MP version of the game, here's a new board.  Beta release date is in October, and full release is scheduled for November, 16th.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Commented Walkthrough [North America]

spaceboy

I'm not sure how the Beta is going out, but I almost remember it was only if you pre-order from Gamestop.  If so I'm out then as I ordered from Amazon.  But no problem, I can wait.   
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

I sure do hope that I can get the game to w@&k with my Internet connection, although I'm not holding my breath.  It would be nice to be able to play fully online.  :-X

spaceboy

I played a few matches online Brotherhood last night and I'm very impressed.  I think there are a few game modes, but the one I played was Wanted.

There are 6 players all walking around a beautiful Italian town amongst a bunch of NPCs all milling around.  You are given a contract to assassinate another player, you're given a small picture on screen (it stays shown) of what he looks like.  Of course there are many NPC who look just like all the playable characters.  You have a meter which tells you in which direction is your target.  The meter fills the closer you get.  The trick is to assassinate them without being noticed  (you can kill when noticed, but less points).  Even when you're right there, if they are mixing in good with NPCs, you may not be 100% sure which is your target.

Now the other side is that YOU ar someone else's target.  So watch your back!  You supposedly can defend or give chase, but I haven't been successful at it. 

Plus - an early unlocked ability is to cloak yourself as a different character (it only lasts a little while so use it wisely) and look for that faint flicker if your near your target and don't see him.

So unique and so much fun.  I'm definitely going to be playing a lot of this. 

PZ

Sounds really cool, I hope that I can join in the fun.  :-X

If you are the victim, do you have some kind of meter letting you know that someone is out to get you, or how close they are?

Art Blade

That meter is probably called "screaming crowd" and how close they got you can tell by how long it takes them to pull the blade out of you.  >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

spaceboy

PZ - they do have private matches (non ranked vs friends) we should try it.  I know you could do RDR in private matches.

you have no idea how close your pursuers are to you, only how many.

It's startling because you walk past so many NPCs, when one guy actually lunges at you and stabs you - woohoo, that's intense.

couple times I saw my target taking out someone and I quietly approached and as soon as he was done I got him too!  ;D

Art Blade

Hahaha, like "excuse me?" <slash> "Cheers, mate!"  ^+-+
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Wow, that sounds intense - yeah, I'd like to try MP  :-X

I finally made it to BestBuy, and picked up my copy for retail minus 10% - probably won't get a chance to do much until this weekend however.  :'(

PZ

Well, I tried to log in and was successful, but when it came to actually playing online, the game reported that the Ubi server was unavailable - "try back later", which is the message that i have always received.  Although it doesn't look good, I have time on Saturday and will try again.

spaceboy

I've had a bit of hit or miss with online forAC:B.  Often it takes forever searching for other players.  I assume since this game has such an extensive SP, the MP servers would be less barren than an FPS game at the start, but I still think something's a bit off there since I'm sure there are others searching for games as well.  Once I've gotten in though, new matches start up quickly.

Last night it hung for a long time after I cancelled the match search - I finally had to quit the game.  Hopefully they get the servers straightened out soon.

No biggie, I just went back to SP for awhile.

PZ

Good to know  :-X

I did manage to log into Uplay and "purchase" the noble's outfit, and the original Altair outfit.  This is actually the first time that I've been able to log into Uplay through the console, so maybe there is hope for the online experience.

Although I was able to do private matches in RDR, I did not see the option to do anything, so I assume that those features are available once you manage to successfully log into the Ubi game server.

spaceboy

that's a good sign.

but what do you mean, you successfully logged into PSN of course, but from the game's menu when you chose Multiplayer, what came up?

You should get a light blue screen with options for your profile etc. and then launch game - play now/ranked match etc.

did you see any of that?

PZ

It sat loading for a while with the large triangular animated icon (the one that is made up of the three trapeziods) and then it returned me to the ACB desktop with the message that the server was unavailable.  I never did see anything about a profile, blue screen, etc.

Tags:
🡱 🡳