Free AC:Brotherhood DLC

Started by PZ, November 20, 2010, 10:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I haven't checked this out yet, but I've always lived by the mantra "there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"  :-()

QuoteUbisoft today detailed its plans to release Assassin's Creed Brotherhood DLC exclusively for the PlayStation3.  The Copernicus Conspiracy will be available for free via the PlayStation Network and features several new missions from the famous Renaissance astronomer Copernicus.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood/news/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-DLC-Heading-To-PS3-Exclusively-15758.html

PZ

Well gents, I'm happy to report that it is real - the download is 330 mb, and I now have a new set of missions in the main map.  :-X

@space - I saw you online when I was downloading the DLC, but I couldn't get the darned thing to do what I wanted so I could respond - sorry about that.  :-[  In any case, I'd just started the console to do the download - my wife was waiting for me to get the DL started so we could watch cooking shows. :'(

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

no prob PZ - did they use really sharp knives in those cooking shows?  perhaps hidden up their sleeves?

Some other time for sure!  :-X
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Well, I've completed the Copernicus missions (free DLC) and I must say that it is worth the download (330 mb)

This DLC played more like a full sequence rather than just an added mission. 

Spoiler

You start meeting Copernicus, who is in danger because 16th century Italy is no more progressive than we say in the 15th century.  The Borgia and the clerics are trying to supress the intellectuals because education makes the masses more difficult to manage.  The mission starts with you defending Copernicus from literally hordes of Borgia, and it is a challenge to keep your ally alive.  Once you get past that point, your next mission is to bring letters to all of the other scholars that the Borgia intend doing in.  This lasts for several missions in this sequence.

After you have delivered the letters successfully, you meet with Copernicus, and are then sent to tail a Cardinal to discover the Borgia plans, which are to kill Copernicus.  The next mission has you assassinating 6 Borgia assassins (you have to give chase to some of them if you're not stealthy enough).  Finally, you assassinate the Master, who tells you that you're too late - he's already sent his best assassin to Copernicus.

The final mission has you running to Copernicus (not a timed event however) where you find the assassin trying to accomplish his mission.  After you are successful, Copernicus thanks you profusely, and starts discussing his ideas of the world, which include the theory that the sun is the center of the universe.

spaceboy

it shows up just on your map, right?  I think I found it yesterday but did not play it yet.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Yes, it is just there as one of the black mission icons (not an exclamation point, but a kind of star burst icon).  I'd recommend that you level yourself up quite a bit before you attempt this one - it is quite the challenge even with good weapons.

Tags:
🡱 🡳