Merc pile up

Started by deadman1, September 20, 2009, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

This is what happends when you blast through a CP, the mercs follow you in an AT and you meet a jeepmerc from another CP  :P

[smg id=1435]

I heard a crash behind me and when the didn´t follow me I went back to see what happend, just as i got there the jeep blew up. I´d like to claim this as a mini mercwar  ;) I made the image a little brighter fo increased visibility.

Art Blade

funny :)  :-X

I always liked that sort of thing you hear but can't see what it was, makes me grin thinking about what it might have been. When you actually see what happened, like here in the pic, it's just as funny  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

stuff like this is great because it makes the game world that much more realistic.  excellent pic.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

So true spaceboy - these tidbits are happening behind the scenes so to speak, which gives the game an almost simulation-like quality.

fragger

Anyone got a bucket of water?

[smg id=1585]

Art Blade

LOL ;D ;D ;D :-X NICE screenshot, by the way  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

mmosu

I can't even begin to imagine the scenario that produced that picture fragger!!

Nice one  :-X :-X :-X

TopHat01

So fragger, is your towing company now open for business?  I have a bunch of old, smoking AT's that I never drive.  As long as you haul them out, they're yours. ;D

And while you're at it, open a driving school so the idiot mercs can actually drive before they get behind the wheel...

Art Blade

Quote from: TopHat01 on October 26, 2009, 10:03:42 PM
open a driving school

I'll do that, I'm loading my guns already  ;D ;D ;D (They may enter my school, but you'll never see them leave...)

PZ

Cool scenario fragger, were you able to drive that big truck with the AT in the back?

Art Blade

I reckon he blew them up before he had a chance to find out  ;D

fragger

Actually, I was trying Art's trick of hitching a ride on a convoy truck, when the idiot driving the truck failed to take a bend, and the idiot driving the AT failed to miss the truck. I nearly got creamed in the process!

I found a good place to get on board the truck for one particular convoy mission. Find this spot in Leboa:

[smg id=1587]

The dead tree on the left sticks out over the road, you can run up it.
Here's the location:

[smg id=1588]

Dots show the convoy route. Once you're up the tree, face this way (east):

[smg id=1589]

Wait for the convoy:

[smg id=1590]

Then jump on board and let the fun and games begin!

[smg id=1591]

This was my driver. Nice shirt, dude...

[smg id=1592]

PZ

Great find fragger!  I wonder if there are similar places on all of the convoy routes that we might use for these joy rides

TopHat01

I didn't know we could climb trees like that, I'll definitely start a new save up just to try that.  Nice find!

PZ

There are at least 3 places where I've been able to climb trees - they mostly look they're at a 45 degree angle or so.  Typically it has been to get to a diamond or ledge for some purpose.  Because I just randomly chance encounter things, if I was able to find 3, there are likely to be many more.  In fact, fraggers tree (might as well name it that) is a new one to me.

Art Blade

that was a fun read, fragger mate ;D Although I know about those trees, it never occurred to me to dive-jump onto a truck bed from there, lol  :-X Looking at your splendid screenshots, I wonder why the convoy didn't shoot you while you hung in the tree  ;D

And boy, you've got to know the right people. Would you be awfully upset if I asked you for the address where I could get those posh handheld maps that have convoy routes plotted?  ;D

PZ

I'd guess Ignore_Player at first, but then you see the merc in the trailing AT fire!  ;D

Have to admit that those convoy maps are cool  :-X

Every time I see a screen capture of the FC2 world, it makes me want to dive right back into Leboa or Bowa and hear the jeering comments from my merc friends

"Well.... look what we got!"

TopHat01

Quote from: Art Blade on October 27, 2009, 04:44:24 PM
I wonder why the convoy didn't shoot you while you hung in the tree

I'm going to guess the convoy's vision is limited to a certain height, probably because the developers didn't think of people climbing trees to take out convoys, let alone just climbing a tree. I'm going to assume the point that the player is at in the tree is higher than the convoy can detect.

Art Blade

I was just envisaging a scene in Port Selao, the white building with a ladder to the rooftop, or any church's bell tower. They do look up and tease you with firearms while you try to enjoy a whiff of clean fresh air on a higher ground...  :)

Or simpler, if you are on a rock and an AT comes close, hell yes they will see and shoot you, even if you are on top of a hill :)

I think fragger was just not moving and his camo suit prevented him from early detection.

TopHat01

Quote from: Art Blade on October 27, 2009, 05:42:32 PM
I was just envisaging a scene in Port Selao, the white building with a ladder to the rooftop, or any church's bell tower. They do look up and tease you with firearms while you try to enjoy a whiff of clean fresh air on a higher ground...  :)

Or simpler, if you are on a rock and an AT comes close, hell yes they will see and shoot you, even if you are on top of a hill :)

I think fragger was just not moving and his camo suit prevented him from early detection.

Come to think of it, that's probably a better explanation.  The camo suit makes you almost invisible to enemies when hiding in tall grass.  Didn't really take any of those in account, my apologies.

Or, fragger took the screenshot and they started firing at him immediately after. ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: TopHat01 on October 27, 2009, 07:01:50 PMmy apologies

Geez, you did nothing bad, mate :) Chillax, and don't worry about stuff like that. We're a friendly community here  ;)

fragger

Cheers, guys :)

I wonder why the convoy didn't shoot you while you hung in the tree  ;D

Actually, they did, I forgot to mention that little detail... They didn't seem to see me at first. This was very early in a new game and I didn't have the camo suit yet, so I don't know if that would make a difference. The first AT passed under me without firing, but then it opened up on me from behind and I took a couple of hits, so this exercise might not be advisable if you're playing on Infamous mode. Alternately, you could try and take out the gunner in the first AT before you jump.

Would you be awfully upset if I asked you for the address where I could get those posh handheld maps that have convoy routes plotted?  ;D

I just whipped it up in Phototshop. Which makes me wonder - has anyone thought of making some maps showing the convoy routes, and would they be of much use? I'd be happy to give it a go.

Art Blade

I know you manipulated the screenshot, but I liked the idea of actually seeing it they way you showed it, as if there was a different GPS+map set available from like an arms dealer :)

We have our expert "The Mapper " Dweller_Benthos, who did an outstanding w@&k plotting every detail on the maps. Latest content board, check this and that post :)

Dweller_Benthos

I did do all the weapon dealer convoy route maps, along with maps for the buddy missions that have moving vehicles, but where did I put them? They might have been on the old FC2Game.com forums. I'll have to see if I still have the files, since I don't see them on my ImageShack account, and upload them here.... or did I already? Nope, doesn't look like it. OK, I'll see if I can upload them tonight.

Climbing trees.... yes, been doing that since day one. Any of the dead trees are climbable, as long as they are at the right angle. I seem to recall one at the Oasis in the north, where you do the King's gold mission, where you can get on a barrel or something, then hop up on a branch, then hop higher up the tree, and even walk out on the end of skinny twigs that would never hold your weight.....

Also recall there is a tree somewhere.... lol ... that you can use to cross a river from a safe house to a weapon dealer, think it's in the south near Mosate Selao, there's a safe house in the upper right of that sector, and a weapons dealer just across the river from it, and tree bridge between the two.

Oh yeah, as far as trucks on trucks goes, did this with the vehicle hop cheat, and i do recall that you can drive the big truck around with the AT in the back, rattling around..........

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Oh wait, here they are:

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=17.msg47#msg47

http://openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=52.msg210#msg210

hmmm.... can't find the north weapon dealers, but they must be there. Looks like the shots are on Image Shack, so go figure...

Doesn't look like those are complete, either, so i guess I'll look that stuff up tonight, I'm almost positive I mapped them all.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳