Re: AC2 violence

Started by Art Blade, December 07, 2009, 04:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

This is a spin-off from AC2 funny moments

sorry to be a little off topic, but the same guy asked me if you guys see any blood -- if he stabs someone, a kill of any kind with a blade, he said there was no blood at all. That would mean that again we have a censored version here (PS3, and if so, all bets on a censored PC version, too). So, blood or no blood?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

My goodness yes - when you stab some of the victims, a diffuse stain of blood spreads beneath their white shirt.  When I was using the butcher blade and grab someone from behind, passing the blade from ear to ear, much blood flies.  When I stab through the chest with short or long blade, lots of blood - not overdone as in a cartoon, but well portrayed.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just a little info:

Quote from: Art Blade on December 07, 2009, 04:12:26 PM
sorry to be a little off topic, but the same guy asked me if you guys see any blood -- if he stabs someone, a kill of any kind with a blade, he said there was no blood at all. That would mean that again we have a censored version here (PS3, and if so, all bets on a censored PC version, too). So, blood or no blood?

Today I got an unexpected feedback from that guy. He played AC2 through and was very happy with the game and he said that he wanted to replay some of the missions, so he went into the Animus and only there he found another menu, and within it an option "blood: on/off" Apparently there are two game menus, one inside of the animus, after you started the game, and one ouside, like a general menu. He didn't expect to find a blood option there (neither would I).

So, the German version does have blood, and he confirms "brutal" moves where you see blades penetrating body parts. :)

spaceboy

interesting though it was defaulted to "no blood" I know I didn't turn that on for mine.  Good find.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

Yes, we usually have those options set to either "off" or something like "minimum" by default. LOL idiots  ;D

By the way, did you see anything stronger than blood, ie decapitating or dismembering anyone? And rag doll effects on dead bodies? (We usually don't have rag doll effects)

PZ

I've never seen any kind of dismemberment - I don't understand what is meant by "rag doll effect".

fragger

:) Hey PZ, I think Art means the way dead bodies flop around like rag dolls when they fall, get shoved around or blown up (picture a grenade-flung merc in FC2).

Art Blade

Precisely :) We call that "ragdoll" or "ragdoll effect". In Germany, games are practically 100% free of ragdoll effects. They disable that, and usually you can't re-enable it. In other words, a perfectly animated character turns into a static piece of wood the shape of a body, frozen the way it was when it hit the floor. Even grenades or any explosives can't move so much as a finger of that body, then.  :D

Art Blade

I've cleaned up the "AC2 funny moments" topic to create this one ;)

spaceboy

thanks for splitting the topic Art.

As for ragdoll, yes there is. Watch the vids I posted here and you'll see.  A couple instances I know it looks good is when I pull a guard off a ledge you can see him hit a balcony below and flip around picking up a dead body and throwing it over your shoulder, even a lot of end kills, the way the die, they'll stand or kneel for a moment before flopping forward, oh and one of my favorites...grabbing a guard from behind and then simultaneously slitting his throat and throwing him to the ground.

No dismemberment though.  You see blades coming through the other side of bodies, blades stabbing eyes, axes going into heads, but nothing ever falls off the body...
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

PZ

Thanks for the clarification - didn't realize that the restrictions were that high elsewhere!

Art Blade

Thanks for the replies, and yes, it drives me crazy every time I learn about those details that are cut out in German versions. I just realised that luckily, in FC2 there is an active ragdoll system (not sure though if it depends on the language selection). I remember the first game of F.E.A.R. where dismemberments, ragdoll and gore were cut from the German version, and a very simple trick made them all w@&k again: Replacing the German language files with English ones... the game checked the language to decide whether or not to display any of the aforementioned effects.  :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳