Goka Falls bridge collapses...

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 07:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Wow, I missed your post somehow (love the merc standing at attention showing how tough he is)!

Went to Goka lodge with a flame thrower just like you see in your screen shot and it is easy to cause the collapse of the bridge when you are on the lodge side of the gorge.  What I could not do so far however is cause the bridge to collapse from the other side.

Hacko

Quote from: Art Blade on June 12, 2009, 07:19:01 PM
I was playing around some more, you can set the bridge on fire from the other side too. Apparently the ropes have to burn, if you only burn the planks, it's not enough.

Then I saw this... merc falling down yet straight upright, proud ba$t@rd  ;D (later he looked like a frog taking his first lessons in rafting, though)

[smg id=786 align=center width=400]

He is showing no fear because he is an experienced base jumper. ;D

Great pic. :-X

PZ

Art Blade

haha, good one, hacko :)

PZ, the other side, almost as this side. just torch the base of the bridge at the ledge of the cliff thoroughly :) see the flames in the last pic? thats about where the fire needs to spread to. I could do it standing in the middle of the bridge, too, but the result was... let me put it this way, I didn't find time to take a screenie  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Foghorn Leghorn

I just tried this mission by blwing up the whole mountain-top with IEDs.  I planted 8 or 9 of them (using th explosives pile to replenish), then made my way across the bridge and detonated.

It was a beautiful sight, but was I shocked to see three new APR guys spawn out of nowhere right before my eyes and attack me - unless they all got knocked out of the trees by the explosions.... :o

Art Blade

Quote from: Foghorn Leghorn on June 29, 2009, 04:30:47 AMunless they all got knocked out of the trees by the explosions.... :o

LOL!!!  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, good ones, guys...

I'll try the technique the next time I'm there with a flame thrower.  In fact, I might try it with the flare gun - that weapon is amazingly good at starting fires - am going to try to detonate the gas car at the rail yard the next time I receive that mission.

Dweller_Benthos

Gotta try this, looks like fun. Anyone try burning the bridge while they are standing on it? Also, does it only burn after you do that mission, or can you burn it anytime? Curious minds want to know.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I was on it and fell down, before the final mission takes you there. So yes, and yes :)

PZ

Once the bridge supports start burning, you have a few moments to get to where you want to be on the bridge (or elsewhere).  I read in the Prima guide that you are supposed to be able to jump off the bridge safely into the water, so a fall from the burning bridge should do the trick as well (if it is true).

Art Blade

it is. It was the first playthrough when I launched myself off of that bridge and swam like hell to get away  :)

PZ

haha, the first and only time I launched myself off that bridge I hit the rocks and died - I'll tell you what, the only mercs I managed to kill that time were those that died from laughter... ;D

Art Blade

PZ

you kiddin'?  I can't help but laugh! ;D

Dweller_Benthos

Thanks for the info, I think I did jump off the bridge once just to get back down to the river fast where my boat was waiting. Now I'll have to go there and see if I can get it to burn & collapse.

later.........

Used the flamethrower and burned the bridge, with a merc on it, and it didn't take long before the bridge gave out and the merc dropped to his death in the river. Funny how you can jump off that bridge, land in the river and swim away unharmed but a merc dies instantly.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

:) Sometimes they do try very hard to impress us, don't they  ;D

Hacko

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on June 30, 2009, 11:15:06 AM
Thanks for the info, I think I did jump off the bridge once just to get back down to the river fast where my boat was waiting. Now I'll have to go there and see if I can get it to burn & collapse.

later.........

Used the flamethrower and burned the bridge, with a merc on it, and it didn't take long before the bridge gave out and the merc dropped to his death in the river. Funny how you can jump off that bridge, land in the river and swim away unharmed but a merc dies instantly.....

None of the merc's can swim, they sink to the bottom faster than a rock. ;D The merc's must not have been paying attention in swim class. ;D

PZ

The mercs are delicate, rather fragile little princes...

Art Blade

... yet one of their favourite hobbies is headbutting bullets.

PZ

haha, good one - they do look they are trying to head butt something when they run stooped over the way that they do.

JRD

Quote from: Hacko on July 02, 2009, 11:55:29 AM
None of the merc's can swim, they sink to the bottom faster than a rock. ;D The merc's must not have been paying attention in swim class. ;D

Funny stuff happened yesterday. I was scanning the GP at NE Bowa, the one by the lake. Mercs didn't know I was there so I could watch their natural behaviour. One of them was by the lake, slowly walking... walking... walking into the lake to sink and never be seen again..... huahuahuahuahahuafhehufasçrohg... what an AD moment  ;D ;D
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Evidently he had seen the James Bond movie (name escapes me) where Bond rescues the woman that walks out to the sea.  The merc must have been shocked as no one came to his rescue.

PZ

One thing I wonder is how many other things in FC2 have not yet been discovered (things like the Goka bridge collapse).

With each feature that is discovered, you begin to look for patterns in the environment - for instance, if other "special" features like the bridge are in the game, what might these features do under the proper circumstances?

JRD

Quote from: PZ on July 03, 2009, 09:39:51 AM
Evidently he had seen the James Bond movie (name escapes me) where Bond rescues the woman that walks out to the sea.  The merc must have been shocked as no one came to his rescue.

Anyway, he saved me one dart  ;D
I actually walked there to thank him, but he was immersed into something else (argh... sorry, lousy joke, but I couldn't resist...  :P )
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳