New Wolfenstein vid

Started by Dweller_Benthos, April 20, 2009, 07:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

The game probably won't be open world, but I'll be there none the less.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/48059.html
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm with ya on this one D_B, I love anything resembling WWII

Art Blade

...as long as it's a vid game, I agree  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Art,
Have you played another Ubi game: Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway?  Kind of linear, but I sure did enjoy the game the first play through.  Funny thing is that even though I enjoyed it, the lack of the open world experimentation potential made it so that I could only play through once or maybe twice.

Art Blade

no, sorry... but I can't remember how many WWII titles I played, quite a few though :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Welcome to the latest Freelancer...

... man that was quick! 8)

Art Blade

Ricamundo

I ve never played any of the WW2 shooters, mainly because we already know who wins. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Dweller_Benthos

I like the WWI shooters more than the modern ones, for some reason. When Battlefield 1942 went modern, I just went back to good old BF1942. Now I see they are going full circle with BF1943, but it looks to be multiplayer only. Bummer. Same goes for the Call of Duty series, I skipped the modern one, and will eventually pick up the new World at War. Other than that, it has to be pure SciFi like Quake, Doom, or Crysis, though I did like Call of Juarez a lot, looking forward to the new one.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

JRD

Playing WWII shooters you are bound to use real and not so powerfull weapons, which is cool.
Player skills are more important like this.
You don't have guided missile launcher or a plasma gun that can blast through anything or a super duper machine gun with high rate of fire to stop a full batallion...
Stick to snipers, dinamite, MG and brains... its a challenge.
Take Assassins Creed for instance. No fire weapons whatsoever... the only long range weapon you have are throwing daggers. Maybe AC2 will introduce Bows and arrows, but nothing more than that. Use your hidden blade and sword against dozens of guards...

Unless you are a Jedi... then things are different ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 22, 2009, 04:46:30 AM
I like the WWI shooters more than the modern ones, for some reason. When Battlefield 1942 went modern, I just went back to good old BF1942. Now I see they are going full circle with BF1943, but it looks to be multiplayer only. Bummer. Same goes for the Call of Duty series, I skipped the modern one, and will eventually pick up the new World at War. Other than that, it has to be pure SciFi like Quake, Doom, or Crysis, though I did like Call of Juarez a lot, looking forward to the new one.

I like your thinking D_B - my thoughts exactly - the only COD I have is version 5 - WaW, and it is good while it lasts.  However, my thought when completing the game: "Is that all there is?"

Congratulations to the newest Freelancer, D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳