OWG FC2 PC Multi-player & Top 40 Chart

Started by DKM2, May 17, 2009, 03:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Sounds like you're really sorting out the features DKM!  :-X

Pac!ent

Its so nice to see a lot of well known maps on your server guys ;)
Hope you enjoy them same as we do :)

DKM2

Quote from: Pac!ent on August 22, 2009, 04:14:08 AM
Its so nice to see a lot of well known maps on your server guys ;)
Hope you enjoy them same as we do :)

Thanks, I try my best.
I played some Pony Express last night, and found myself lost half the time,
and sniped to death the other half, I think I'll swap it out for Omega.
Lone Mountain might go soon too.
(can't remember why exactly, couple of beers too many and a sticky note
on my desk this morning, "scrap lonemountain" )

There's still room for about 10 additional maps, and a few more that could
be replaced with something else, not a lot good games going lately, which
makes it harder to judge a map.
Just looking at a map isn't enough, need to play for real too.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Pac!ent

Yes, Pony Express is my first map and its good for CTD but for deathmatch its full of snipers often. I dont use that map on our servers and I would recommend you replace it by Omega, its much better map IMAO ;)
Maybe you could like map by Tvardy Paola 2 or Monkeybay remake by Tuleby :)

DKM2

Quote from: Pac!ent on August 22, 2009, 02:58:19 PM
Maybe you could like map by Tvardy Paola 2 or Monkeybay remake by Tuleby :)
Looking at my list I think I have both versions of monkeybay in there.
I'll have to look into that....    ???

Played tuleby today, I  think. good player. kicked my butt good on Omega,
but I got my shots in, and had a few good runs. left a few good bruises on him thou.   :)
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

Art Blade

is it the same Tuleby that joined OWG just now? :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Pac!ent

Yes, its him (czech rep.) :)
Its quite good player, but much better map maker. He made maps and whole Mars mod For Cry 1 and he is member of FCCZ clan for years as one of the admin and clan leader. Good guy. So maybe I can recommend one more his map mp_radio remake ;)
http://centre.farcry2.cz/mapy/radio_fc1_remake___version_2.fc2map

DKM2

Quote from: Pac!ent on August 23, 2009, 03:39:30 AM
Yes, its him (czech rep.) :)
Its quite good player, but much better map maker. He made maps and whole Mars mod For Cry 1 and he is member of FCCZ clan for years as one of the admin and clan leader. Good guy. So maybe I can recommend one more his map mp_radio remake ;)
http://centre.farcry2.cz/mapy/radio_fc1_remake___version_2.fc2map

yeah, I have that one running,
if you look on the first page you can see the whole rotation. (and authors)
radio_fc1_remake just doesn't show the V2 is all.

The manager picks a random map of the 51 in the map rotation at the start of every match,
and as long as it hasn't been one of the last 12 played, it gets set as the current map.

Long time before you see may see a map again or the same two maps in a row.

Dansin_Outlaw

I was amazed to come here for the first time and find myself in the top 10 with so many awesome players on here.  I was even more amazed with my ktd ratio score.  But alas, its just like the Sports Illustrated effect.  I shall be dropping out of the top 10 soon I'd prophesize.  But regardless, I shall have a dirty joke or three ready to go at a moments notice.  And of course the nonsensical random banter.  [I wonder if that's how you spell nonsensical?]

DKM2

Welcome to the site.
Its all sorted by kills, so its not too hard to stay on top.

I'll be adding a match and team leader stats sheet soon.
Maybe this weekend, I think there is enough data now to show it.
Basically how many times you've finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.
in a match, and the same for team.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Pac!ent

Quote from: DKM2 on August 28, 2009, 03:57:19 AM
Cant wait to see it ;)

DKM2

Quote from: Pac!ent on August 28, 2009, 01:45:09 PM
Quote from: DKM2 on August 28, 2009, 03:57:19 AM
Cant wait to see it ;)

There you go... take a look at the first post now.

If at least six players finish a match, the top 1st, 2nd and 3rd
for the overall match are given a point and also the top 1st, 2nd and 3rd
are given a point for leading their team.

Its sorted by order of the overall match leader.
Its a little different than just most kills, its who has most influence
in the out come of a match or a team win.

Pac!ent

Oh, thats nice! Gj ;)
Can I looking forward to this tool soon, or its still in pre-beta stage ?
:)

DKM2

I'm trying to come up with an over all best player performance chart,
But I keep getting lost in the math, kill/death ratio, team leaders, etc. to get one number.
My trouble is mostly because it's a judgment call I guess,
What are the most important factors that make a "good" FC2 player?
some thoughts?

PZ

That will take some thought, but a multi-variable, differentially-weighted equation might be the solution - the first step is to decide on the variables you want and what their weights should be.  You already have a good start in the kills/deaths/leadership variables.  Now the question is what other variables make a good MP player - unfortunately I'm not a consistent MP player so it is difficult for me to make constructive suggestions, but is there some way to measure stealth, or weapon type, or some kind of methods approach?

It can get as complex as you want, for instance taking into account the time between kills (with the weapon type linked to that time with if-then statements) so you can differentiate between automatic weapons guys and sniper guys.  Weight either the time variable or the weapons variable to ensure equality of assessment.

DKM2

OMG---- brain---hemorhage--->>> BOOM!!!!!

you an economist or something...
its a little dual-core computer server not a CRAY supercomputer... lol
;D

anyways, thats the problem, I can't decide the weights.
Sometimes you take the complex way first, until you realize simple is best.
Occam's Razor

Art Blade

keep those three basic variables and consider team kills a malus. :)

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on September 12, 2009, 11:26:19 AM
anyways, thats the problem, I can't decide the weights.

hmmm.... only two alternatives I can see for weighting once you decide what variables you want:

• Decide on weights yourself  because it's your server and your application  ;)
  • Conduct polls to gauge what the players think is important and weave that into some kind of weighting system.
Just brainstorming and throwing out ideas here, but it kind of depends on how much accuracy relative to the general opinion you would like to have in the results page.  The latter of the two alternatives above is going to be the most entertaining because it incorporates widespread opinion.  As to complex vs simple equation - you'd be surprised at how easy it is to create a single equation that encompasses all variables and weighting with a series of if-then statements creating the weighting.   What kind of data can you collect?  One thing that might be interesting is the time a player stays alive versus the number of kills, taking into account what kind of weapon he/she uses and the method of attack.  Assessing via if-then logic whether a person is a team leader or player could change one or more of the weighting variables thus leading to precise numerical outcome and position in the chart.

Good luck DKM - great idea that you already have in the two charts you've created, and loads of fun if you could get a sophisticated leader chart sorted.  That tends to be the fun part in creating scenarios like these - the outcomes that the computer generates based on the incoming data is sometimes quite surprising, and highly accurate if designed properly.

I'd be glad to give assistance in any way that I can - believe it or not, I've actually written rather sophisticated physiological simulation software in my past history with the kinds of equations I mentioned above.  As long as we keep it fun, it will be worth it!  ;)

DKM2

Example;
                 Kills   deaths   suicides      Match wins   Team wins
                                                    #1  #2   #3     #1   #2   #3
Player1     500     500          20            3    6    9       8    12   15

Kills / (Deaths + Suicides)     thats pretty easy

But to combine it with numbers of times finishing a match is harder
Because there's really no relationship between the two numbers.
I'm thinking;
Total matches (sum of all #1 match wins) (lets say 100)

Matches                           Teams
#1s times 6 / Total          #1s times 4 / Total
#2s times 3 / Total          #2s times 2 / Total
#3s / Total                       #3s / Total

The above gives me this;
K/(D+S) = 0.96
Matches:   0.18   0.18   0.09     Team:    0.32    0.24   0.15
I could just sum them all up at this point, but the number is 2.12, what?
Is that a measure though?

Art Blade

DKM2, maybe just forget about those numbers for a moment, lean back, and think about what you want. Then try to get the numbers that w@&k in your favour. For example, if someone asks you "who's the best player out there?" you will think of something that in your oppinion makes a good player. Like, "he always wins" or "he can shoot around the corner" (impossible hits, great marksman) or "he hardly ever dies in a fight". The next thing would probably be "good at DM or good at Team" and then I can think of players that are great in a duel but lose it in a DM game or great at DM but lose it in a team game. So maybe you can't combine all values. If you have to, prioritise them. If you have K/D, Match Wins (MW) and Team Wins (TW) probably check for what is most important for you to be on top of the list, and try something like k/D is 50%, TW=30% and MW=20% -> 100% total.

Hope that helps :)

DKM2

I'll take your advice..
Went to the beer store, now I'm leaning back, thinking.......  mmm good.  :)

Art Blade

DKM2

Found the problem with player log in messages not showing for some people.
Your killer placement does get sent but sometimes if your name
is too long it goes over the 40 character limit.
More than 11 character names this happens to, so I removed a few. (4)
That should take care of it for the most part.

Hopefully I can load the fix at the next restart, Ubisoft is supposed to do a
Upgrade/change to the servers tonight to stop crashing and map download probs,
May be I can do it then, I hate to shutdown while peps are playing.

DKM2

I just had an idea. ya, ya, I know :)

Maybe adding some in game user commands,  (jl, for Jackal's Lair) such as
"jl-wkills" would display your current weekly kills.
"jl-tkills" would display your total kills of all time.
stuff like that.

That way you could check your kills, etc. right in the game.
Dunno what other commands people would like to see, something to think about.
Anyways. I have a few other things to clean up in the meanwhile.

Tags:
🡱 🡳