OWG FC2 PC Multi-player & Top 40 Chart

Started by DKM2, May 17, 2009, 03:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

I added the player command "pc-wkills"    (short for Player Command)
Just type it using "t" like any thing else.
It'll return your current kill total over the last 6 weeks.
(only you will see the result, others may see command though)

I'll add more commands soon, it's online now, works for me.

btw, fyi. I zero'd my stats., my server and all......
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

I don't know if this is possible or if it even is useful to MP players, but how about a command that reveals either your relative position in the rankings, or perhaps who is above you either by name, score, wkills, tkills, etc? 

Pac!ent

I like pc-wkdr (kill/death ratio for the last six weeks), its very usefull value. :)
Great job DKM2  :-X

DKM2

Quote from: PZ on September 17, 2009, 04:08:58 PM
I don't know if this is possible or if it even is useful to MP players, but how about a command that reveals either your relative position in the rankings, or perhaps who is above you either by name, score, wkills, tkills, etc?

Yeah that's an interesting idea.
I could have a command that displays the next player above you
and also "kills" needed to over take them.
Also another command that shows the one below and how close they are to you.
(Can search up and down in the database.)

Btw, all the commands show realtime, as in right "now".
The web pages only update once per hour, so it's a little out of date always.
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

PZ

Quote from: DKM2 on September 18, 2009, 10:38:59 AM
I could have a command that displays the next player above you
and also "kills" needed to over take them.
Also another command that shows the one below and how close they are to you.
(Can search up and down in the database.)

Btw, all the commands show realtime, as in right "now".
The web pages only update once per hour, so it's a little out of date always.

Interesting... knowing who is just above you and immediately below you (and by how much) might make for some interesting game play.  Might just change how you plan your next moves through the game on a moment-by-moment basis.

Art Blade

cool idea indeed... good for competitive players :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Pac!ent

Yesterday I got chance to play on your server and commands w@&k great. When I leaved server, I got k/d ration 4,2 :)

PZ

The w@&k you've done with your server is excellent, DKM, as is the MP server info and map rotation you display in your news block on the FC2 MP page.  I'm impressed with the number and variety of in-game commands you have available.  FC2 aficionados are missing out if they don't make use of your server - great job!  :-X

DKM2

Thanks.
I think most are missing out though and only see the
in-game message when people log on like;
"Wecome, Joe. #99 on OWG Charts!"

I've almost given up explaining the player commands to people,
I guess it'll take awhile for people to get used to it, since no other server has it.

edit: I had to look up "aficionado", thought it was some strange american dissing thing.
lol,   ;D

Pac!ent

I think its even more than great job !  :-X
Iam sure that if UBI would spend same ammount of time with proper server admin tool, our "live" would be much easier  :)
I looking forward for last version  ;)

PZ

Ubi would be way better off, and FC2 MP much more efficient if they hired DKM2 to take care of MP server issues  :-X

DKM2

Funny, Ubisoft is opening an office (800 people) this year
right in my backyard (so to speak)
I'd link the post on Ubi forums, but its down!  LOL.

Strikes me as a company with an upper attitude though, "we rule, you suck"
Least where I am now I can talk to the CEO, "hey, how's it going, "good!"
"see my new stuff" , "no, show mel" , "cool".

Art Blade

that's about 50% of the job, good leaders and communications, structures. I'd rather have a nice boss and less money than a ba$t@rd of a boss and big money.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

GCT-Schokoo

Hi there, I am brand new here, i am also using that server extender and wonder were the stats get uploaded when after game console is saying:"stats are uploaded to openworldgames.org" <-
???
how and where can i upload my server log´s??
THX
GCT-Schokoo

Art Blade

Hallo und willkommen auf OWG, GCT-Schokoo :)

That would be DKM2's area of expertise; I'm sure he'll sort you out, mate  :)

DKM2

Quote from: GCT-Schokoo on April 19, 2010, 04:34:57 PM
Hi there, I am brand new here, i am also using that server extender and wonder were the stats get uploaded when after game console is saying:"stats are uploaded to openworldgames.org" <-
???
how and where can i upload my server log´s??
THX
GCT-Schokoo

That message is just the End of Match message, defaulted from when I ran my server.
To remove it, just delete the message.
I doesn't actually upload anything until you configure is for a web site you have ftp access to.
That configuration is on the Manager config section, you'll need some info from your web site admin, usename and password etc.

fragger

Just sticking my head in to say welcome, GCT-Schokoo :) Wie geht's?

Tags:
🡱 🡳