Míssion help

Started by deadman1, October 05, 2010, 12:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I fired up JC2 today and promptly got myself stuck on the mission where you have to deliver the head of a statue to one of the factions luitenants. I keep getting shot down every time i try to fly the head out. Does anyone have any tips for solving this? Does anyone even remember playing this mission?  ;)

PZ

I remember there being two missions where you have to take a head somewhere - one via helicopter, and the other with the head being bounced behind a tank.  In the mission you're doing, I purchased a fast helicopter, then started the faction mission, boarded the chopper and went to the site where the head was located.  Rather than using the cheesy faction copter, I had my cool chopper which had a quicker pace than the one they wanted me to use.

Art Blade

I remember I did play both of those missions, however I don't remember how I achieved my likely supreme victory. :-D I'd think you'd just pick up that head and drop it somewhere near the waiting lieutenant.

I'm somewhat afraid that this doesn't really help, but I tried anyway.  :-()
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I've found that many of the difficult spots in the game are easy to complete if you choose your equipment wisely.  For instance, in the chemical heist mission - the one where you need to deliver some kind of chemical weapon way down the mountain to a small coastal town. 
Spoiler

You're given a helicopter on the roof of the chemical plant, but I tried several times each time without success until it dawned on me that I could have the sloth demon deliver the small jet.  I retrieved the chemical successfully from the scientist, then dropped down to the ice and called the sloth demon.  We struck up the deal, and there it was, all shiny and pretty sitting on the ice ready to go.

In I hopped, easily outrunning the SAMs being fired, and the pathetically slow Panauan chopper.  I could even sight see as I jetted toward the mission kiosk

Naturally when I had problems with the statue's head mission, I chose the fast copter.

Another mission where I used different equipment than I was given was Driving Miss Stacey

Spoiler
You have to begin the mission using the pink limo to pick up Miss Stacey. However, instead of using that awful pink limousine, I ordered up a monster truck - the kind with machine gun on the roof  >:D

Miss Stacey conveniently hops into the monster truck and away we go - her boyfriend Boom-Boom is standing in the road with an RPG, but he was expecting a fragile limo instead of an armored monster truck - I simply ran him over and felt his chubby little body thump beneath my wheels.  :-()

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on October 05, 2010, 01:50:54 PM
I remember there being two missions where you have to take a head somewhere - one via helicopter, and the other with the head being bounced behind a tank.  In the mission you're doing, I purchased a fast helicopter, then started the faction mission, boarded the chopper and went to the site where the head was located.  Rather than using the cheesy faction copter, I had my cool chopper which had a quicker pace than the one they wanted me to use.

What chopper would you recommend? It has to be one that is capable of carrying the head.

PZ

I don't remember the name, but the black chopper that is on the bottom of the black market list is one that I like to use - expensive, but it does the job!  :-X

spaceboy

I had trouble on this mission because I switched controls a bit which on the layout which made my descend button the same as grapple.  So I kept releasing the head everytime I tried to descend.  Once I had that sorted and swapped controls I was fine.  I know you're on PC, but check that just in case.

If you're getting shot out of the air, then try dropping low enough to use the "wrecking ball" technique on the enemies. 

Also, if you want you can land with the head, fight off the baddies, order a tank from the BM, and drag the head there with lots of good fire power!  I don't think it is timed, but you can't be too far from the head.

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on October 06, 2010, 05:49:32 AM
I don't remember the name, but the black chopper that is on the bottom of the black market list is one that I like to use - expensive, but it does the job!  :-X

Thanks PZ it did the job  :-X

@Spaceboy darn I wish I had read that before I finished the mission, dragging the head behind a tank causing mayhem along the roads would have been awsome.  >:D

PZ

I'm glad that it worked out - and I too wish that I'd done spaceboy's method - the other tank mission was fun!  Maybe if I do it again, use the monster truck  >:D

I just love that monster truck  :-D

Art Blade

good tips, guys, and I'm glad it worked out well for deadman.  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Tags:
🡱 🡳