Jump Track / stunt driving

Started by Art Blade, June 20, 2010, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

A tip for you stunt drivers

To the Southwest in the desert there are a couple of nice roads to race on as well as at least two sports cars parked for you (see location list in our Top Speeds topic).

Driving around there I noticed giant ramps on top of some hills but didn't know how to get there (I was "down" on the street while the ramps loomed large on top of some hills). Now I visited the desert in my chopper and here are the coords to start the ramp run:

X:8698 Y:25423

It's a bend with two road signs warning you to turn, but instead you go through and beyond them.. there the track starts. The first set of ramps might allow you to leap to another track with more ramps, else not reachable. Quite a challenge but definitely fun :)

Edit:

There is another access to the ramp tracks (it's actually an exit):

X:8934 Y:25292

There it's open and well visible right next to the road and you can see a ramp from there pointing at you.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

There are a couple of jump tracks I noticed :)

lol, just did a few jumps.. indeed the first ramp is manageable, but it's a bit of luck I guess.

The first time I used that corvette type (Titus ZJ) and did the first ramp rather well but the landing was kind of abrupt, broke one front wheel and couldn't steer straight any more, so the second jump was a catastrophe (lol) and sent my car down a chasm and it was a complete wreck. I detonated some c-4 on it to end the miserable life of it.

Then I hijacked a dune buggy. First jump was like a charm, but a jump off the second track didn't turn out to be as graceful as I had hoped for, I started to slide on the ramp and got whirled around madly. The touch-down was so harsh (I missed the other side and hit the road below) that it set my car on fire. Enough time to get out and watch it explode  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Those jumps are actually a lot more fun if you grab a motorcycle. I used one of those Makoto MZ 250s that are frequent on those roads. You may even climb some slopes back up with a bike.. Moto Cross fun :)

Art Blade

I tried a jump with a Dinggong 268D double-decker bus. Perhaps two yards short of a successful jump.. spectacular explosion, though.  8)

Tags:
🡱 🡳