AI - faction driving and merc wars

Started by spaceboy, April 13, 2010, 10:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spaceboy

I found this interesting and fun.

I jumped into a vehicle with a Ular Boy manning the turret and went for a little drive.  As we came to a T I saw an APC of the Reapers drive by.  i thought I'd follow them and see what they were up to etc.

First funny thing is that for no known reason the APC stopped and the gunner jumped out, then the APC took off, stopping by a bridge.  The Reaper guy ran past us trying to catch up to the APC.  He cut through this field and because the vehicle was stopped, he got back into it.  We followed him there.  I recorded it but friggin' Youtube had some maintenance message.  I'll have to see if I find the time to copy to USB and upload later.

Anyways I soon realized the traffic jam was caused by a civi truck that had crashed into the side of the bridge.  even though there was room to go around, no one did.  When a govman on a motorbike pulled up both the Ular Boy and Reaper turned their turrets on him and cut him down quickly.

So I got out and then backed the civi truck out of the way.  But the Reaper's APC still wasn't going.  I look down the bridge (it was a small covered bridge).  He was waiting for the traffic from the other side!  So finally we all took our turn across the bridge.

After awhile we came to a small settlement with some military presence.  The Reapers and Ulars got out to fight, when lo and behold up comes the cool Blue vehicle of the Roaches who also got out and started it up with the govmen.  Before I knew it another set of Ular and Roaches patrols came into the fray.  I hadn't yet fired a shot and watched as all this was going down  (Damn youtube).

It was AWESOME!  I just love that the factions don't fight each other (yet, who knows how the story goes).  And that you can move around Panau easily and with friendly AI.  way cool, way cool.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

That's what I had hoped FC2 to be like, great JC2 is just like that  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Great story spaceboy, and is one of the reasons that JC2 has finally made it to the top of my favorite game list - yes, even surpassing FC2  :-X

There is so much that I want to explore and experience in the world - it is almost like taking a vacation for real!

Dweller_Benthos

hmmmm..... is this game third or first person? I suppose I could go look.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spaceboy

http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Dweller_Benthos

ah, nuts, I can just never get into 3rd person games....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I'm just glad because it means that you won't have to spend years creating one of those maps of yours for that huge game area ;D Pity none the less, I'm sure you'd have found ways to enjoy the game.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I know what you mean D_B - after playing FC2 I thought that 3rd person is just nuts so when I started with Fallout 3 I played in 1st person all the time.  However, once I played Assassin's Creed 2 (still one of my all time favorites) 3rd person is the only way that it could w@&k, and JC2 is the same.  Now I'm accustomed to it, and the play "feels right".

You might check it out if you ever come across someone that has it just to see the game action.

Tags:
🡱 🡳