I Want This

Started by wexer9, June 01, 2010, 02:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wexer9

I can't wait to get this game...eventually. :( :P

Art Blade

in a DukeNukem3D voice: "What are you waiting for... Christmas?"

;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Lol, Art ;D

Me too wexer9, but in my case it's not Christmas I'm waiting for, it's for the copy I ordered to arrive in the shop. Probably would've been quicker to have jumped on a plane, flown to wherever it is they're produced and picked one up myself :D

Duke Nukem voice: "Someone's gonna pay for making me wait!"

Art Blade

In a DukeNukem3D voice: "It's time to chew chewing gum and kick some a$$!"  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Quote from: Art Blade on June 02, 2010, 11:29:26 AM
In a DukeNukem3D voice: "It's time to chew chewing gum and kick some a$$!"  ;D

Ahem he actually says In a DukeNukem3D voice: "It´s time to kick a$$ and chew gum , and i´m all out of gum."

And I just found out that my copy of JC2 has been delayed because it´s out of stock at the online store I ordered it from. So I share fragger´s frustration.

Art Blade

thanks about the DN3D line, I didn't remember it the way you did :) Probably changed it in my mind over the years  :)

I do hope the two of you get your copies of JC2 soon.  :)

Art Blade

I couldn't help it, needed to read some (more) quotes from DN3D, and found a good collection here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228246/quotes

tehsam016

Haha DN3D had the best quotes :). My fav has to be "Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride." :P Oh yeah and i want JC2 as well :/.

Art Blade

cool, yet another member playing JC2 would just be excellent  :) :-X

Art Blade

by the way, fragger, not sure you wanted it but...

YOU MADE IT THE JACKAL  ;D :-X Congrats on 1,000+ posts, mate  :)

fragger

Thanks muchly, Art :) Now I just have to learn how to run guns. Luckily, I've got a bunch of cassettes that I found in the bush which provide useful tips on how to go about it ;D

fragger

I was just looking through the Duke Nukem quotes, and my favourite wasn't listed:

"Gonna rip 'em a new one!" (A randomly chosen line when you're just about to enter a new level)

Art Blade

What always made me chuckle was

"Heh, Heh, Heh, what a mess!"  ;D

PZ

JC2 rules  :-X

Congratz fragger!

fragger

Thanks, PZ :)

I'll be in Panau shortly - my copy of JC2 arrived in store today, but I can't get in to pick it up until Monday.

Can't wait :-X

Art Blade

excellent, fragger  :-X

PZ

:-X Looking forward to your opinions of the game, fragger  ;)

fragger

Well, a bit of a disappointment, but certainly not with the game itself.

Firstly, it took me nearly 3 hours to get the game up and running - 10 minutes to install the game, 2 hours and forty minutes for %*&#@ Steam to "Update Platform Files" (whatever that means) and then to update the game after I'd installed it >:(

Secondly, this game is just too demanding for my poor old PC. Even with all graphic options set to "Low" or "Off", it runs like a dog on my machine. I also tried running in native resolution and in lower ones. Lower resolutions helped a little, but not enough. It's just unplayable on my aging hardware.

So I'll have to shelve this one until such times as I can upgrade my PC, or get a new one - which I'll have to do sooner or later anyway, if I want to keep gaming. Games like this aren't exactly going to get any simpler graphically in the future, after all.

It's a great pity, because from what little I did do (or tried to do), it looks like a game that I could seriously get into. I'll just have to content myself with reading about you guys' adventures for now.

Bugger  :'(

JRD

Welcome to the club, mate...  :(

I too have the urge to get those new games, but at the same time I know my machine won`t run any of those for now. So I also try not to get those games due to a) will be really sad to have it and not play it (like the cake) and b) since I will only be able to play it in the near future, I decided to wait because the prices will be lower anyway!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

In the end it's just the same for the two of you, but fragger was expecting to play some.. and now he can't despite having got the game in his very hands (after quite some time trying to get it). On top the same odyssey with Steam that I had to sustain...

Bugger indeed.

deadman1

Quote from: fragger on June 05, 2010, 07:38:32 AM
Thanks, PZ :)

I'll be in Panau shortly - my copy of JC2 arrived in store today, but I can't get in to pick it up until Monday.

Can't wait :-X

And I´m still waiting  :D

Art Blade

heh, reminds me of myself. First I couldn't wait for the game to be released (PC), then I couldn't get it (import), and when I finally got it I took my own time.  ;D

PZ

Sorry to hear about the difficulties, guys.  :-\

I know how disappointing it is to actually make the purchase and then not be able to run the thing.  Plus, I'm still disappointed myself that it requires an Internet connection just to play the game.  I just returned from an RV trip of about 5 days duration, and could not play JC2 (or AC2) at all.  Thankfully RDR does not require a connection so at least I was able to shoot up the old west on my good 'ol console.  ;)

Art Blade

Oh, again -- just replied in RDR to that: You can play JC2 offline.

fragger

I can't (sob...) But I can still play Solitaire and Minesweeper ;D

Quote from: PZ on June 11, 2010, 03:26:03 PM
Sorry to hear about the difficulties, guys.  :-\

Thanks, but it's cool, mate. The game won't go to waste. It'll be here when I upgrade, which hopefully will happen in the not-to-distant future. In the meantime, those pesky mercs in Africa still need a good sorting out :-*

Tags:
🡱 🡳