Art's JC2 game impressions

Started by Art Blade, May 08, 2010, 11:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Speaking of hijacking choppers, a few times I decided to do it hardcore.. I grappled onto one, hung underneath on my grapple with one arm, a gun in the other hand.. out of reach for their guns.. and then I shot down the bloody chopper right from down there.  :-* ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

I like that Art - I gotta try that myself!
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

tehsam016

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but you can drive through shallow water and wash off your car if it's dirty :).

Art Blade

Really?! I just have to try that myself! lol, thanks, tehsam016  :) :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

No prob. I love going off road then finding some nearby water and clean my car/bike when i'm done :).

Art Blade

If only I could keep my rides long enough to do that  ;D Right now I'm in the Lautan Lama Desert and borderland of Senjakala Islands, doing some Moto Cross. Actually bought a bike off the black market dealer, fully upgraded means a lot of armour to survive crazy jumps over ledges and chasms. There is a game glitch I don't know how to reproduce, maybe due to alt-tabbing out of the game a lot, which causes civilian traffic to cease, leaving me with empty roads (apart from scarce faction and government vehicle encounters) and that causes me to bomb down the roads like a maniac. Right now I didn't quite catch a turn and finally blew up my bike, that's why I'm here now  ;D

tehsam016

Nice. I'm surprised how much damage regular civilian bikes can go through as well. I think i drove off at least a 50 ft ledge yesterday and my bike survived (but the front tire was all wobbly :P).

Art Blade

Yes.. I deformed numerous wheels doing that  ;D The best sequential crashes were: Jump off a ramp and fall like 50 yards rendering my rear tyre an egg-shaped thing, and then with all effort jump another ledge. On landing the bike chucked me off and went sailing over another cliff and out of sight, but I could hear the explosion and saw smoke from where the bike had disappeared to.  ;D

tehsam016

Haha niice. I love how explosions in the distance actually sound like it :).

Art Blade

The sounds, especially explosions, are absolutely great. I could go on blowing stuff up just to hear those  ;D I use a 5.1 speaker system, and when something behind me blows up for no apparent reason it always makes me chuckle  ;D

I think the engine sounds of most vehicles vary from good to great, I love the sound some fat bikes make, like the ones driven by govmen. Argh, I need to go back into it right away  ;D

tehsam016

Yeah I use a 5.1 speaker system as well and it does indeed sound great. It's also very useful to hear if any govmen are behind you and what not. I love how they even have the sound of small rocks hitting your vehicle when taking sharp turns/hand braking :). But yeah this game is way too addicting, and i dont see me playing much else (except RDR) for quite some time :P.

Art Blade

Hehe :) Unfortunately I can't get RDR for PC (yet?) so I'll stick to JC2.

Speaking of sound effects such as stones hitting your chassis reminds me of the sharp exploding sound of a shot-out tyre followed by the rumbling and screeching sound of the rim hitting tarmac  ;D

Art Blade

Remembering PZ's fondness of immersion, I decided to fully enjoy the landscape and prepared a road trip: In the game settings, I switched off the music and set the HUD's opacity to zero = no distracting info such as mini map or flashing signals or anything, just landscape. Then I switched on one of my favourite DJ mixes (from a UK underground deep house radio station) and checked the map. I did the same trip from the Southwestern desert towards Panau City but without the navigation system. It was splendid, I could actually enjoy what I saw and stop here and there to admire the landscape and sunsets/sunrises. This game is fabulous :)

tehsam016

Nice i'll have to do that sometime. Or atleast listen to this while soaring around in a military jet :).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o

Art Blade

I can't..

QuoteThis video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is no longer available in your country.

tehsam016

Aw well it's Kenny Loggins - Highway to the Danger Zone ;)

Art Blade

Thanks, sam  :-X Hehe, sight-seeing in a military jet.. something out of the ordinary, I'd say  ;D

tehsam016

Hah yeah i guess a biplane would be more appropriate ;), but i have yet to find one myself. Changed the song link too :P.

Art Blade

Not exactly my cup of tea, but I can imagine flying around in a fighter jet listening to that ;)

By the way, I think it might be better to put the youtube link back in and additionally leave interpret/title. Anyone who can't watch it but really wants to listen to it, will have to find a way ("buy it"). For my taste, that link you just posted is a little erm, shall we say, dubious? I'd hate to see anyone take legal steps claiming that we supported certain download sites :) Cheers matey

tehsam016

Yeah I thought somebody would say that site is a lil shady, and I wasn't really seriously suggesting listening to it, i was just making a slight ode to Top Gun :P (a cheesy 80s flick about jet fighters).

Art Blade

Thanks for sorting it out :) "Top Gum" <sic> I remember, watched it at the flicks back then, complete hysteria back in the day  ;D

On topic:

Completed a few races in Panau City. One was really funny, had to race with a Tuc-Tuc Rickshaw through backyards and small passages  ;D

PZ

That's a good one - never tried that one yet  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on June 21, 2010, 11:27:01 AM
That's a good one - never tried that one yet  :-X

It's called "Backdoor breaking" and is located in Panau City Docks District. The race symbol is extremely close to "Panau City Speed Freak".

In that district there is another crazy race called "Kicked to the Curb" where you get a huge tank-like military vehicle with 8 wheels and a gatling gun turret (unmanned), and it's painted black and red. You've got to race across the pavements rather than on the street, turning pedestrians into mushy red stuff all the way  ;D

PZ

I need to get into Panau and do some of the races - those I've not done many of because I usually dislike them - plus the fact that I'm having too much fun with the govmen on the streets  ;D

Art Blade

I tried to take advantage of the glitch as long as it lasted.. nothing beats a race on empty streets. However, one race forced me to restart from checkpoint, and the traffic was back on. It was fun to see the city empty and doing races the easy way  ;) I only just completed 15 challenges. What I can't quite handle are those free fall races, I never hit the circles after the first one at the start! Going to ask a question in a seperate topic how to do those..

Tags:
🡱 🡳