Top of the world (achievment)

Started by deadman1, June 29, 2010, 06:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

What is the highest point in Panau? I think I would like to visit that place when I´m done with the current faction mission. Oh yeah I got the game fiunally and am almost 12 hours into it by now  :-* ;D

Art Blade

very good, deadman :)  :-X

X:20538 Y:11836

[smg id=2395 type=av]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

deadman1

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

spaceboy

glad you're enjoying the game deadman - and perfect timing as I'll probably do this trophy tonight. (thanks Art for the vid).

Like I mentioned in another thread, after spending so much time in Red Dead Redemption on horseback, I felt I needed to get modern and mobile so last night I visited Panau and what better way than finally getting around to the bridge limbo trophy.  I only had 5 so I needed 25 unique bridges to go under.  It felt awesome to take to the skies around the beautiful island zoom in low under the bridges - I even got good enough to do some of the small wooden ones!  It was a non-combat visit as well, a very nice time.

Top of the world sounds like a good next step.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

welcome, space :)

I remember the bridge limbo. Like you, I only had got like 5, then 6, then 7 bridges and it seemed hopeless to get those 30 done in a short time. Like tehsam016 and PZ, I enjoyed flying that little propeller plane, and it helped me collect a good portion of those 30. I got better flying and decided (well, after I crashed that plane) to grab a fighter jet. I can tell you, riding on a thunderstorm while going below rather than over a bridge, especially those narrow ones, is truly a great moment when you make it without ploughing through half the surface of Panau  ;D

spaceboy

since consoles don't have a cheat available for the BM, buying new planes after crashing them can be expensive.  I first went ahead and bought the $30k Pell, and crashed it on takeoff...splurged on another which got me through 5 or so bridges before I crashed it as well. 

It was actually hilarious because the damn BM dropped the plane facing the wrong way and with no way to back up, and a steering radius too wide, I had to take a Reapers APC and tow it out a few times with my grapple as I kept lodging it between trees and rocks.  The Reapers NPCs were all standing around you could almost hear them giving me advice and helping me.  It was silly and unlike typical gaming fun - which made it that much more hilarious to me.

After the second Pell crashed I decided to just start a race with one of those small propeller planes and just take off abandoning the race.  It's cheaper  ;)  Anyways, I missed the fast fighter jet version, but it provided a calm flight (and still had some clenching excitement under those smaller bridges).  I crashed a couple times but there were convenient races to steal another plane nearby ;D

edit:  changed Roaches to Reapers above...been too long away and messed that up!  it was the Reapers stronghold on that cliff.

Art Blade

I don't even bother to name those factions, I always get them confused :) I know what they look like but that would be too much to write, all the time  ;D

My preferred method is to get extracted to the Northwestern Airport (next to the "Japanese Island") where you'll find both a propeller plane and the small agency jet (in the hangar). That is cheap and quick, plus I don't have a race ticking off its time which also blocks certain items on the map while the race is going ;)

spaceboy

got it.  I just stole a jet from a nearby military airport flew it above the peak and bailed.  What a great view, and the descent down via free fall/parachute was fun.  I just love the size and scope of this game.

Art Blade

well done, space :) I really like this game in all its magnitude, too  :)

PZ

Well, I finished the main missions in RDR, and was going to start another, but reading this thread makes me want to get back into Panau for some govman fun  ;)

Tags:
🡱 🡳