Assassination Missions In Pala

Started by eor123, March 24, 2010, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eor123

I've noticed something a little odd. I don't know if it is a quirk unique to my system.

If I kill the "targets of opportunity" in Pala with a grenade and if there are no other mercs in the immediate area, I do not get the "Escape The Cease Fire Zone" prompt and the mercs take no action against me. They act as if nothing has happened.

However, if I kill the targets with a single silenced shot from the pistol or dart rifle with no mercs around, the whole town goes berserk.

Anyone else notice this?
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

JRD

I never used a grenade to kill the suit in Pala, only IEDs... and the whole town knew I did it right away... even when I detonate the device when no one is looking!!

I used them so I could stand near an exit and "escape from town" right away  ;)
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

I think of all the assassination jobs I did, there was only one that didn't set every merc around on alert. No idea if it was a grenade, then.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

That happened to me once while in Mosate Selao when sniping a target from the Church tower.  I think it was a hiccup in the system however, because I was never able to reproduce it through the dozens of times I tried.

Art Blade

Now that you mention it, I believe I did the same... I remember the target just dropped dead amongst all other mercs who wouldn't take notice. Until I reloaded and did it again  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

Just did it again.

Tossed a grenade at a suit in Pala. He had time to draw [ those guys are pretty fast ] and get off a couple of shots before getting fragged.

No alarm was raised...no "escape cease fire zone" prompt. Just calmly walked out. This was on Hardcore.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

Art Blade

looks like grenades are the assassin's weapons of choice, then, aren't they? :)

eor123

I spoke too soon, apparently.

Tried the same thing on the second suit in Pala. He was taking a whizz when I fragged him and didn't have a chance to get off a shot [ well, with his pistol anyway  ;D ] Got the "escape" prompt and everyone started shooting me.

Maybe there was another merc in the alley with the suit. What they were doing there wasn't any of my business anyway.   ???

BTW...those suits can be hard to kill and are pretty good shots. Took me three shots with a crossbow to take out he suit in Shwasana. They were partially deflected by the wood railing.  Actually saw the guy catch on fire and put himself out through my scope.

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on March 27, 2010, 06:20:13 PMActually saw the guy catch on fire and put himself out through my scope.

That is cool.  :-X Never seen that myself, pity...

PZ

Quote from: eor123 on March 24, 2010, 02:18:53 PM
I've noticed something a little odd. I don't know if it is a quirk unique to my system.

If I kill the "targets of opportunity" in Pala with a grenade and if there are no other mercs in the immediate area, I do not get the "Escape The Cease Fire Zone" prompt and the mercs take no action against me. They act as if nothing has happened.

However, if I kill the targets with a single silenced shot from the pistol or dart rifle with no mercs around, the whole town goes berserk.

Anyone else notice this?

I've not tried this one yet - wish I would have read this again before this morning.  One thing I did notice on an assassination mission to another area - the target saw me, started shooting, running, shooting, etc., but none of the mercs in the outpost took notice because they had not discovered me.  Evidently what the target does does not influence what the mercs do.

Art Blade

PZ

... or make any kind of noise that attracts their attention!  ^+-+

It is funny though - to see the frenetic activity of the target while the rest of the mercs are yawning, relieving themselves, etc.

Tags:
🡱 🡳