Underground missions

Started by DKM2, April 08, 2009, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKM2

I've been playing through a new game and once again its starting to look like it's
impossible to unlock all four underground safe houses.
They only seem to become available after doing two Main missions, since there are only six,
it doesn't seem possible to get all four, and I'm getting very close to doing everything that can be done.
Anybody done it?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

spaceboy

I thought they became avail to unlock as you needed pills.  I can't remember from last time, I'll have to keep an eye out this time through.  I've got two open and am at 23%.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

retiredgord

Having just finished and fresh in memory I seem to recall that to unlock you need to be out of pills.  With that comes a warning in your journal to get pills.  The Underground (fist) shows on your map.  You go there and enter a building and have a dialogue with the person there. Normally he tells you where you can get medicine but you need to take the passports offered to that site. Usually the site is guarded so you will have to fight your way to the house to trade the passports for pills.  I hope this helps.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

Sound advice retiredgord,

I was also wondering if the time you spend in the FC2 world is what determines how you run out of pills.  In other words, if you do just the missions and don't worry about diamonds and tapes too much - you might not have spent enough time wandering around to run out of pills - just conjecture of course - I've never tried to get all diamonds, nor tapes.  I also have not been able to do all the malaria missions though.

retiredgord

Well PZ with only three missions missed,(I think I missed a buddy pic-up), all the diamonds found, and a lot of ground covered the in-game time could be a factor. It might be set-up for certain missions to be done before getting your  MEDICINE  needed message.
When starting my second round in a few weeks I'll pay closer attention to details like that..and how to kill mercs more effectively, who to cap and when and the weapon load outs. I'm trying to get info on screen vid captures and stills and hopefully some interesting mission stories.
This site is so COOL. That's the kid in me fighting for control.  lol
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

JRD

Quote from: retiredgord on April 09, 2009, 10:07:17 AM
That's the kid in me fighting for control.  lol

I know what you mean... we all know, in fact...
Sometimes I'm glad videogames back in the 70s - 80's wasn't nothing compared to what they are today, otherwise I would have failed in school for sure.
Well, my parent's wouldn't let me play as much, but you get it...
Before I start a long gaming session I try to do a lot of outdoor activities, so I don't feel bad about being in front of the PC for 8 hours...
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

You changed your screen display name JRD!

DKM2

A little update on figuring this out.
I only have 2 assassin, and 3 main missions left and a single buddy (6 of 6) mission left.
Also I cleared out all diamonds, outposts and safe houses from 7 of 9 areas,
and got all the jackal and predecessor tapes and all Golden Aks too.

Still after all the hours of doing that, I only had one underground mission so far.
That one came right after completing my second main mission, Oeduard for UFLL.
Played a good 6 or 7 hours since then, and did another main mission too.

My first play through of the game I only got 2 I think, before going south.
I hate not having stuff checked off on my list.   >:(
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

I've been checking my old saved games from before I move south...
This playthrough I decided to get all diamonds, tapes, scout all guard posts and clear all safehouses. And yet... only 3 underground locations unlocked.
I remember playing and thinking - Man It's been a long time since my last malaria kick... and I was at least level 2...
The frequence of strikes must have something to do with how far you are in game. And maybe you always get 3 out of 4 locations to unlock, not all four.

PZ

Any chance it is related to the level of difficulty?

JRD

Maybe.. I can't remember how many underground missions I did in normal. Got to load an old game and check (thankfully, I keep all my saved games in a backup folder.. there are over 1.300 now!!!).
If you are correct, one UG mission in easy, 2 in normal 3 in HC and 4 in Infamous... makes sense. The harder is the difficulty, more often you have to do UG missions.
If anybody playing Infamous reads this post, we can confirm!!

Zomby Woof

Could be it, I'm still on my first play so I've only played on normal.  But to elaborate on some ideas already posted, I don't think the various types of side missions affect your pill supply.  For example, when I got to the southern territory I decided to do all of the available side missions first (three convoys, 6 assasinations, and 4 buddy missions).  During this time I never had an available underground mission in my journal.  But as soon as I did the first faction mission it popped up, and then again two faction missions later.  Thus, I doubt pill supply is based on time, but rather faction missions completed.
As for doing 4 misssions per territory, I've noticed that the underground missions become availible in the journal one mission before you actually run out of pills.  Could it be that in order to get all 4 missions in a single territory you must do them as soon as they become availible rather than waiting to run out of pills?  If i'm right about the "missions not time" thing this would give you the nessicary extra missions to get the 4th mission.
Just a thought.

PZ

Interesting thought, and you might just have something there.  I typically do all of the side missions first as well, and It seems that I don not complete all of the underground missions possible.  However, I've not exactly been keeping track.  This is where I need to use DKM2's mission checklist - the next time through the game.

DKM2

(on normal difficulty)
Ok as for the north, I don't think its possible to get all four unlocked, three yes.
There are 6 main missions and exactly after every second one an underground one shows  up,
no amount of time or side missions seems to change that.
Maybe somehow if you could raise your sickness level, but I couldn't do it.
Before going south I was at a sickness level of 0, no symptoms.
The underground icon disappeared after starting the going south level.
(bastards, the rules changed)

I dunno, prove me wrong, become a... FC2...  GOD......
(of course we'll need proof of any miracles)

Tags:
🡱 🡳