Argh, stupid! (lol)

Started by Art Blade, August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

After being rescued, I too normally go back to find my weapon, which is usually the 6P9 - one time I searched for quite a while only to ultimately realize that it was under an overturned AT!

Art Blade

Oh my gosh. How the hell did I do that? Try it, drive around a corner and catch a rock.

[smg id=1498 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the interchange just east of the un-named guard post on the eastern side of Mosate Selao (along side the railroad tracks) - the armory near here is where I routinely pick up a Uni and head further east toward the GP with the water tower.  I enjoy parking the Uni on the hilltop overlooking the area and suppressing them with the .50

Art Blade

yeah, I was in a hurry, coming from the armoury there. Bonk... oops  ??? :P
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Funny thing is that I often experience what you did if I'm using one of the Jeeps from the GP (or Mosate Selao) or an AT, but the Uni navigates that tight corner with ease.  Very surprising considering it's large size.

mandru

I was driving a buggy and inadvertently hooked one of the smallest (rigid as a lamp post) trees between the rear left wheel and the body of the buggy by turning towards it too soon before I was clear of it. There was the loud bang of hitting an obstruction but instead of coming to a stop the scenery started shooting by in an weird fashion.

I'd stop and the spinning would stop but when I'd try to go again it was enough to give me vertigo. I had to get out of the buggy to figure out what had happened.

I was laughing my guts out and my wife who unfortunately suffers from motion sickness looked over at my 24 inch wide screen and almost puked from the erratic scenery flying past the wrong way on my monitor because I had the throttle kicked wide open was enjoying taking a quick spin.

Oh well, anymore she's learned that when I'm deep into FC2 she looks at my screen at her own risk and I've learned that if I want to show her a cool waterfall or sunset I'd better have the view preframed and change it very slowly when she's looking.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

poor wife... an ex-girlfriend of mine suffered from motion sickness too, and she had quite a hard time when inadvertently watching me playing "need for speed." Funny thing, it only affected her when watching a screen, she didn't mind a real rollercoaster :)

PZ

Unfortunately when I play the new Wolfenstein I too need to limit the time due to motion sickness issues - no problems with FC2 though, ever.

mmosu

It's weird how some games will affect you that way while other similar ones won't.  Back in the day i had a problem with Mario Kart (the OG Mario Kart on the SNES ;)).  It lasted for about a week and then after that I never had a problem with that one again.

KingRat

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Took a ride back north. Met up with with one of those patrols in the central desert; he was coming downhill at me so I lobbed a grenade at his front bumper....you see the result  ;D

Art Blade

Nice pic :)

KingRat, as a senior member you are allowed to upload pictures to our gallery, you can even create a folder of your own to keep them sorted :)

KingRat

Thanks Art,

Did you mouse over the pic and zoom in? Photobucket cuts the size down from 1920x1200 but keeps the PNG format. I'd like to be able to upload the originals, but they're over 3mb.... :)

Art Blade

I checked it out, yes :) Not sure what your goal is (ie let the site do the w@&k, need a converter program, how to reduce size etc). Have you taken a look at this topic about screenshots? Maybe you'll find a solution there, else please post there what you want to know and I'll try to sort it out for you :)

Art Blade

Something happened that needed to be posted here. Those are the moments between "cool, about to accomplish that mission now" and "That can't be true, now can it" Couldn't get my AT out of that trench, bloody stuck and steaming :-[ :)

[smg id=1499 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1500 align=center width=400]
[smg id=1501 align=center width=400]

fragger

Had to doctor this one up a big in brightness to see it properly, it's my Moggy hung up on an itsy-bitsy little wooden cross. Try as I might, I couldn't get it free. Now that's what you call "hardwood" ;D

[smg id=1503]

Art Blade

PZ

That kind of odd thing happens to me once in a while, and as long as I don't need to travel too far, I hop into the nearest vehicle and ram my Uni off of it's throne.

Art Blade

Well, well, well. I thought I could cross the "puddle" but obviously I was mistaken. Irony of it, the GPS still announces happily a nearby diamond.  :D ;D

[smg id=1727 align=center width=400]

mandru

I take it that was not a Ford. (   ::) blink blink)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

deadman1

Dweller_Benthos

No big, just keep driving, lol

[smg id=39 type=av]
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

**sigh** no wonder people keep coming back to FC2 - every time I see a snapshot or video, I'm itching to get back to Africa  :-X

RedRaven

Ditto. always find myself hovering over the icon before loading a different game, it should come with a warning about compulsion ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I removed all the other icons so I can hit FC2 blindly  ;D

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 04, 2009, 01:21:32 PMNo big, just keep driving, lol

Hehe, shooting the boat from under water was fun to watch  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳