Argh, stupid! (lol)

Started by Art Blade, August 23, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman1

I think I just had a double "Argh, stupid" moment  :)

I was asked by Paul to go to Petrosahel and steal the shipping documents. My load out was silent 6P9, dragunov and the machinegun. Since I didn´t have a dartrifle I decided to take out the sniper with the 6P9, after sneaking up the stairs on the cistern I gave him an extra "eye" in the back of his neck. This is where things got a little crazy, as I turn around towards the buildings I see one of the mercs doing his "I belive I can fly" imitation i.e rising into the air and the dropping to the ground  ;D. While silently kicking myself in the butt for not hitting the screenshot button I proceed to take out the other mercs by hitting the barrels and gas canisters. In the midst of all the "Aaaargh"s I hear the "Vroom vroom" of the jeepmerc patroling the area. He comes barreling round the office building at full speed and runs straight into the yellow barrels by the parked truck, the resulting fireball was beautiful to see. So in one five minute period I got to see of the things reported in this thread  :-X. I wonder if I can claim that as a kind of record  ;).

Art Blade

Excellent, very entertaining writing style  :-X :)

Nice, the events you described usually take place when you least expect them but indeed not in such a short order  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, good one - you might have a record at that!

I just love those stupid mercs  :-X

eor123

Shot up Pala for fun, left the cease fire area and returned.

I stood around and watched as the Mercs who had gathered to fight me started filtering back to their normal positions.

I heard one say, "Yeah ... well back to the salt mines."
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

eor123

Discovered a new trick.

I have started playing chicken with the oncoming vehicles. On the occasions when I am being chased, I sometimes can cause the two Merc vehicles to crash head-on into each other, resulting in quite a bit of chaos -- especially if I stop and toss a grenade into the wreckage.

Usually good for an "Oh sh!$!" from the Mercs.  ;D
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

PZ

Good one - that would be funny to see  :-X

Art Blade

Nice one  :) :-X

I've either been tailed by them or not at all, I don't think I ever managed to get between two ATPs or DDs :)

Ah, well, I did once, and that caused a little merc war (between Marina and Airfield, Bowa)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

eor123

I've noticed on Hardcore and Infamous, they pursue you much more aggressively and further, often encroaching into another's patrol area. I love it when I have two chasing me as I crash into a Guard Post.

The ensuing chaos is epic.

I ambushed a convoy near a guard post last night and had an additional AT and car roll into the firefight.

When it was over there were seven burning vehicles, including my own jeep. Merc bodies were everywhere. It was awesome. I just wanted to walk around and enjoy the spectacle but had to run for cover as it was at that glitchy GP near Sepoko where the guys shoot you from inside the rock and seem immune to gunfire. I almost got taken out by a sniper inside the damn rock!

Man, I love this game.  :-X

Art Blade

I have yet to try hardcore and infamous difficulty. From what you say, it sounds good  ;D

eor123

At those difficulty levels, you won't be blowing though GP's unscathed very often. It only takes couple of shots to cause the vehicles to start smoking and slow down. The repair upgrades which seemed useless before, become very important as they cut repair time in half.

Infamous is a trip. I'm glad I did it but it was incredibly difficult. It requires a whole new mind and weapons set, IMO. 

I did A LOT of walking and creeping in Infamous..it was the only way I could stay alive. Two or three hits from a AT mounted 50 cal or a sniper will kill you. You have to stay behind cover. Long range weapons are a must. You'll need to thin the ranks before you move into an area...and even then, several Mercs will leave the area, charge,  and attempt to flank you. They don't just stand around or bunch up waiting to be killed anymore.

You keep backing up trying to find cover and they just keep coming. It seems like vehicles will chase you all the way across the map if you don't knock them out or they don't crash out.

The area around the brewery and the pipeline is absolute Hell. The mortar guy on the island and the boats with grenade launchers will open up on you if they see a hint that you are there.   

I took refuge in the big building at the brewery one time and actually heard a Merc get on his handheld radio and order the mortar guy to "Target the main building!"   

Go for it. Keep you buddies alive. You'll really need them.  ;D   

Art Blade

cheers  :)

Does that mean I should consider farting through a suppressor only, especially after having had beans and bacon for breakfast?  ;D

eor123

Those Mercs do seem to develop otherworldly senses of perception at the higher difficulty levels. The AI really is quite good and adaptable I think.

Fart silently.

Art Blade

Quote from: eor123 on March 17, 2010, 06:18:46 PMThose Mercs do seem to develop otherworldly senses of perception

OK, then I don't have to worry about noises. The stench will kill them instantly, that's for sure  ;D

fragger

SBD's mate, SBD's... ;D

eor is spot on in his comments concerning playing on Infamous. I played through on that once, and man, what a challenge! It was like a different game altogether. As eor mentioned, I found myself walking a lot instead of driving, as the patrolling mercs will clobber you but good if they catch you on the road. And to paraphrase RedRaven, your sniper rifle is your best friend. It really does require you to think and plan, take your time and think things through before you open up. Very tough.

Incidentally, eor, I've never heard a merc order the mortar guy to target the main building. Nice bit of eavesdropping, mate :-X

Art Blade

ah, forgot to mention that, yes... nice find there  :-X

PZ

Quote from: fragger on March 18, 2010, 03:42:23 AM
SBD's mate, SBD's... ;D

Did I hear someone mention Gord?  ;D

Art Blade

not yet, but you may  ;D

eor123

I stopped the AT to retrieve a diamond not far from Sepoko. The briefcase is close to a Guard Post and a merc on foot often patrols within sight of it.

I took the merc out with a dart rifle hit and retrieved the diamonds. I kept hearing what I thought was a door slamming or something metallic being hit. I thought other mercs were advancing on me and searched for them.

When I got back to the AT, I saw the last of three zebras run into my stationary AT and fall dead.

I would say that is an example of natural selection but they will respawn. No wonder there are so few animals in FC2.  ;D

Dweller_Benthos

It is funny when an animal just barely touches a parked, unmoving vehicle and drops dead. It's a wonder they even survived that long.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Picture a fat bug crawling around on your windshield. Remember what your windshield looks like when you drive like "pedal to the metal" on a highway/motorway? Those bugs would produce smears double in size when they smack into the windshield. I think it would take an awful lot of effort to gain enough speed and then actually manage to hit a zebra so it splatters all across your car. Everything considered, I think it's alright animals just drop dead touching your car in FC2  ;D

fragger

Q. What is the last thing to go through a bug's mind when it hits your windshield?

A. It's butt.

Art Blade

funny, you're half a world away from me and we independently know the same joke  :o :)

eor123

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes...

Remember Lorena Bobbitt...the one who amputated her adulterous husband's penis while he slept several years ago? The unknown part of the story...

That night two elderly women were driving home from a bingo tournament and passed below the highway overpass from which Lorena Bobbitt was discarding her husband's penis.

The penis struck the windshield of the car, obviously startling the women. The passenger exclaimed, " My God, Agnes! Did you see the d#%k on that bug?"

PZ

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳