Cell Tower Assassination of Suit in Sefapane

Started by retiredgord, June 25, 2009, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

All rested in the safehouse near the pipeline it was time to see if I could pick up some diamonds through an assassination mission.  Since there was a cell tower only yards away, I might as well do it here..being handy and all.
Voice tells me my target will be in Sefapane, half a world away almost. Well time for the journey.
   Down into the ravine by the pipeline and a good walk towards the bus near Weelegol village. When I arrived a restful journey was made to the bus north of Sefapane. I kept up the healthy part of the job by doing the walk/swim  the river to the bridge from the east into Sefapane. I climb up the embankment and walk towards the town to recon the area. I need a high spot and in looking around I see that beautiful chuch tower in the center.  I had a SBD (silent but deadly) Dart, McMac and Duke. An uneventful journey through some back ways got me to the boarded up door leading up into the tower. A quick couple of swings with the machete and quiet access was obtained to the ladder and the high spot I need. Up the ladders and there is a nice window, and a diamond. Wow a bonus. Over to the window to check out everything.
   In looking down I check flammables, merc positions and a look to see if I can see Tom the Target. In my haste  after climbing the ladders I  had grabbed Duke insted of the SBD. I looked and saw Tom just puffing away on a smoke.  Duke again convinced him that smoking kills. The shot has alerted the other and there is a lot of little bugs scurring about down there.
Escape town the inner voice is telling me but I have to eliminate some of the hurdles first. Time to duck outta sight.
   I back away from the window and wait for discovery or someone coming up the ladder. A wait of a few minutes and snippets of yelling from below convince me those clowns down there  don't have a clue where I am. Time for some culling.
    Standing, I spot and start to snipe with the Dart any mercs that are isolated and out of sight of others. Three or four go to their own creator. They are still running around there so I give them a hint.  I unload some rounds into the flammables and watch the chaos. That works and they seem to back away for the area.  This might be a good time to escape.
  Down the ladder, out the back door and over to the railway tracks to the east. Crouching, I move toward that little rock outcrop overlooking the town to see if they are onto me yet. Nope. A steady strategic withdrawal back to the bridge and a jump down to the river and I begin the journey back to the bus. I take the bus to get out of Dodge and head back to the Marina and Mike's. Someone need my skills.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

haha, that was a lucrative job, an extra diamond in the tower :) Good read again, Gord  :-X

I love Sefapane for the facts that there are lots of mercs volunteering for one's target practice, and that they won't respawn as long as you're in town. And... loads, I mean loads of flammables... you can devastate that town with a few shots at those  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

retiredgord

All that's missing outside that town is a sign reading: FIREWORKS AVAILABLE.

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on June 25, 2009, 04:55:22 PM
I had a SBD (silent but deadly) ....
ROFL!  My wife told me of another meaning for SBD!

Great story, Gord, haven't laughed like that in a while - thanks for that..   :-X :-X

Edit: Another way to know when you're becoming old: you are concerned about the health benefits of walking to Sefapane instead of driving.

retiredgord

Well I thought it was an apt term to use as I'm known amongst some of my friends to be a user of theSBD type of gaseous outputs. 

Art Blade

I bet you don't use candles in your place often, then - or your friends, when you're around ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Quote from: retiredgord on June 28, 2009, 12:57:38 PM
Well I thought it was an apt term to use as I'm known amongst some of my friends to be a user of the SBD type of gaseous outputs.

That's an interesting kind of silent weapon!  ;D ;D ;)

retiredgord

I have one friend who insists that my SBD's are fly repellents.  I dropped one under a blue tarp at a campsight and it killed the few flies that didn't get out in time.  lol

Art Blade

lol! I remember a line of an old friend. He said, "I wouldn't say it stinks, but my eyes have started watering" lol

PZ

fragger

retiredgord, your battle stories are the best! I can almost smell the hot lead and feel the passage of the near-misses. Love your metaphors and turns of phrase, makes me LMAO!
Ah, Sefapane... Love to light that town up on a Saturday night! I, too, clobbered a suit from the church tower - the bugger never knew what hit him - then went on to flame the joint. Great stress-reliever!
A note concerning SBDs; if I drop one inadvertently in polite company I always blame the dog. If you don't have a dog, just explain to your guests that the neighbours have a gas leak and tell them for God's sake not to light up.

Art Blade

Nice one. If the dog isn't around, you could always say that you ate the food of the neighbour's dog and haven't quite become accustomed to that. Or ask if anyone has seen your (someone's) wife, who you think must have left the room just moments before  ;D

fragger

PZ

...or one of my favorites without even saying a word - must be at least two other people though - when you release the SBD, look accusingly at someone else and make sure the others see you do it.  The assumptions run amok - quite funny to see the others also look accusingly at the unknowing victim of a funny.

fragger

retiredgord

PZ passing the blame is especially fun in an elevator..if you can keep from laughing at the looks that'll be on the faces.

PZ

rofl!  The elevator trick is really funny Gord!  Have you ever tried it?  I haven't the nerve.

Another funny one - did this one quite frequently when I was young, I'm ashamed to admit.  With nothing else to do, I developed the technique of making the sounds of passing gas (LBD?)  ;).  Anyway,  if I was at the store with my brother or a friend and they stooped down to get something off a low shelf, I'd make the noise, quickly snap my head in the direction of my friend with a look of disgust on my face and back away.  It was hilarious to watch the expressions and actions of the people in the area.  To make it funnier, there is nothing my friend could do that wouldn't increase the perception of his/her guilt.  ;D

hahaha.... I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm laughing instead.  ;)

retiredgord

PZ have not tried that since little either.  Big thing now is to make a squeaking sound hi in pitch and then look to see the reactions.

Art Blade

oh, you boys... LOL  :-X :-X

I remember doing something like a practical joke in a supermarket when I was young. We used to play with stink/stench bombs that came in small, little glass flasks which easily broke (like, stomp on them or smash them against a wall or at the floor). Well, some friends and I were in that shop, cracking those bombs simultaneously in different areas, and we wanted to get away quickly to meet outside and observe. Everyone did... but me. I overdid it, cracking several bombs, couldn't get that stupid grin off my face until I got to know the Boss of the shop... "look what we got..." Took me ages to talk my way out of it, deal was I had to swipe the floor and he wouldn't call my parents.  :-[

LOL  ;D ;D

PZ

hahaha, great story Art!   :-X  I think that we can all recount that sort of mischief in our youth  ;D

fragger

Art Blade

well, reviving yet another topic  ;D

ON topic, this time (you guys should re-read the previous stuff, made me chuckle again)

Got the cell tower mission and my target in Sefapane. Completed the job, business as ususal, then thought heck, let's do it the way I'd really like to see it happen...

Alright, suit, close your eyes... I'll count to three...

[smg id=1899 align=center width=400]

JRD

Oh c'mon Art... show us the aftermath of that pic  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

Alright mate  ;D ;D ;D

[smg id=1900 align=center width=400]

Art Blade

(I've also posted it in the Air Mercs topic)

edit: recently uploaded, go get the original screenshot full size and quality here  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳