Artificial Dumbness - ArmA2

Started by Art Blade, June 27, 2009, 01:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I was viewing an item from the armoury (some AGS-30 grenade launcher). The game usually demonstrates how the select weapon looks on a soldier, and occasionally that soldier gets to shoot a round or three.

This time I was surprised by the sound of tanks homing in on that very soldier, who might have been even more surprised when he realised he got run over. Maybe he didn't.  ;)

[smg id=909 align=center width=400]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

You sure he's not just a mechanic working on the transaxle?  ;D

Art Blade

Muahahahah!! got me!   ;D ;D ;D that was one of the funniest remarks I've ever read, then, and still makes me laugh  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

Just begun my very first mission on A2 demo (trial by fire) and already have a good sample of AD  ;D

Read the following radio communication.

3 - Enemy APC, right flank, inbound.
1 - OK, let´s go.
4 - 1, is down
4 - 3, is down
4 - 2, is down
4 - 5, is down
(more shots fired)
6 (me) - Good morning gentleman, I'm sure this is just a terrible misunderstandig... you see, I'm an insurance salesman and just... wait... don't point that thing at me it might be loadeaaaaggghhhhhh....

Revert?

Squad leader should go "Hold"... but he made the whole platoon cross the road right in front of the APC  :P ... best part is that the radio guy, who should call a Cobra for support, was the first one shot down, so I couldn't even hide and wait for back up...
They actually got out the armored vehicle to shoot me with their rifles..... damn sadistics prics  :(
Note: enemy AI tweaked to "drooling dumb" and friendly AI as "PhD" :P

Well... pop up another beer and back to war  ;D

BTW Art... hope you don't mind I changed a bit the title of the post... I'm sure AD is a constant presence in our boards (thankfully  ;D ) so I thought a standard title would be good
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

JRD

During a refreshing shootout (I was chasing enemies for hours) I realise I'm outnumbered and the enemy has a BMP heading towards me... well, can't run in the open so I just hide behind a tree and pray... to which the gods of war reply by sending a column of friendly T-72. Enemy armor flees, and I finish all remaining infantry... great, so I decide to walk alongside my friendly armor cos I have a hunch that I'm in an enemy infested area... but where are those T-72 now? Not on my map display anymore... walk to their last position and meet the crew members slowly walking... but no tanks... keep walking and find ALL T-72, flipped in the road side... not one or two, but ALL of them upside down like stranded whales..  :P
... now HOW THE HECK DID IT HAPPEN ?
... I whish I could hear the story they are telling to their superior....

".. err... sorry sir, a racoon crossed the road, so I hit the brakes... "

RedRaven

haha, cool.
  have not witnessed much in the way of Artificial Dumbness but got to confess to being the author of a bit of Player Dumbness !
earlier today was playing with Editor, set up some goons to kill, then other end of map placed platoon of 3 M1A1 battle tanks, and an M1A2 that i would start in. unfortunately in my child-like giddiness at have several Tanks at my command didnt check where they would spawn properly, 1 was half way up a tree, another wedged between rocks, 3rd no-where to be seen and mine was upside down, couldnt correct it from inside so jumped out and reckon must of got chewed at by the tracks cos it all went red with lots of grunting then was dead.  not very good start to it, and realised after that none of tank crews had any med kits and had no medic vehicles either !
  oh well, back to the drawing board for me ;D
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

Just hop in any vehicle and set one of your men as driver... than tell him to move some 100 meters  behind you when you are in a restricted area like in a street at any town... man, they must've programmed a blond brain in those drivers  ;D ;D

RedRaven

Lol, case of "Monkey type, dumber monkey do"
but in the end am so totally impressed at the way it all seems to w@&k well, even the editor is like an "entry level" type of program, and things like armoury and mod-ability give it so much more longevity than a "locked" release game where if they dont do expansions that it. with ARMA2 it seems like they gone to lengths to make it easy to change and `play` with instead of last mission being Game over.

And still got OFP2 to come this year which should be similar in many aspects of Player support / interaction.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

JRD

The twist in internet affairs (other than gaming) is the user-created content... not only what the net can bring you, but what you can make available for the rest of the world...
In that sense, A2 does what gamers want... freedom to use what you paid to have... a game, but also a tool of interactivity!
You hit the nail whan said "things like armoury and mod-ability give it so much more longevity than a "locked" release game where if they dont do expansions that it"

To me, the idea they are passing is: "I want you guys to have fun with our product, not just give me your money"

Kudos to BIS for that... there are glitches and one can think it could be more eye-candy, but thats a well spent cash for sure... no complaints at all  :)

RedRaven

All over the World too, its fantastic, not just global conflicts but international cooperation too with people everywhere having fun and being creative as we kill each other ;D

PZ

Being able to mod the game builds not only longevity into the game, but just about ensures that you'll have repeat customers when your new games come out.  As much as I love FC2, it too will dwindle one day.

Tags:
🡱 🡳