End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I reached the end of my first play through and received an after game character encounter that I'd not heard mentioned elsewhere.  I wanted to compare the various endings and the paths that reached our various conclusions without ruining it for you guys who prefer to discover these things for yourself.

I would suggest embedding info sensitive replies in a spoiler capsule.

mandru's 1st play through game ending

Keeping it simple

*I ran through the game accepting only Sabal missions.
*Though her faction followers tried to kill me as I approached I decided to disobey the order from Sabal to execute Amita.
*Instead of sitting down to eat with Pagan Min I killed him and never got to deal with the Mother's ashes.
(Killing Pagan Min also made it so that I could not complete the collectable and final Mohan's Diary for that accomplishment)

Post game character encounter was Yogi and Reggie outside their tent at the Ghale homestead.
(Note: it may not have made a difference but I'd completed all their missions)

After a chat up I declined a final toke with them (scripted).

In summary I was really hoping I could kill Sabal to reunify the Golden Path to guide them towards a balance where the Kyrati could both embrace their traditions and coexist with the modern world.

But since when has UBI ever offered a happy ending?  :-D

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

my first playthrough game ending

I only followed Amita's path.
I decided not to kill that woman in the arena but she killed herself anyway.
I wasn't given an option not to kill Min so I had to watch myself putting a bullet through his head. (by the way, you can visit that place again after the end and find that shrine outside the "mansion" with that last collectible inside that shrine)
I shot Sabal dead (as far as I remember, I didn't have a choice, either)
I too met those clowns near my homestead camping there and had that scripted event that made me refuse that reefer.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

mandru

So there's some difference between out outcomes because of our choices.

Spoiler

What I've encountered is the big back gate in the fortress below is closed tight.  The whole area's a no fly zone for buzzers and I'm unable to find a rooftop that I can mount connecting to the outer wall to use the wingsuit and parachute to reach the road going on up to Min's residence.  Also there's no grapple points inside the fortress to climb the wall or on the sheer cliffs outside.

After forty five or so minutes of intensive searching I gave up looking.

- mandru

PZ

Thanks for posting, guys - I love reading spoilers  :-X

Art Blade

for mandru's problem
Mandru, fly as high as you can and then take a fricking car  :-D You're right, nothing else works but road vehicles do. Drive up to the mansion, and you'll find that there is a simple door that you can use to walk inside the building. Basically, just follow the road to the main entrance. Go to the backyard and find that mausoleum.  :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

Spoiler
How did you get a buzzer past the Royal Fortress, Art? Every time I've tried that, I've gotten an altitude warning and a spin out. Plus I didn't think there were any vehicles past that gate.

mandru, you can blow the gate with a C4 charge stuck on it (a grenade or mine won't w@&k, dunno about an RPG), but it won't make a hole big enough to get a vehicle through. I've always had to run all the way up to the mansion.

Interesting outcomes re Min. In my first game I elected to shoot him there and then anyway, but I hadn't stuck exclusively with Sabal's or Amita's missions during the game, I mixed them up. But I ended up with Amita asking me to shoot Sabal, which I refused, instead telling him to just go. Second time I stuck with Amita, shot Sabal, then got the dinner choice with Min, which I took before blowing him away in his chopper as he tried to leave after the ashes scene. Then he became infinitely re-visitable and re-lootable.

Maybe if you refuse to kill whichever of the two Golden Path leaders you've been sent to, the game locks you out of the choice of shooting or sparing Min.

If you do kill your assigned Golden Path leader, remember to take something with you to blow up Min's chopper if you intend to try the dinner choice. Every time you subsequently loot his body (you'll find it near a burnt-out chopper off the left side of the road, up towards the mansion) you'll get over 650,000 Rupees worth of sellables, plus whatever cash he's got on him.

mandru

Spoiler

A buzzer falls out of the air (or is pushed up and away - I don't remember exactly) before reaching the front gate of the fortress.  By the way on each subsequent visit I've encountered four of Min's troops or three troops and a dog but the buzz saw makes them nothing to sweat.

Blow the gate?  :o ............Doh!  :D

Thanks fragger will give it a try.   :bow

I spared Amita but was given the moment of hesitation to let me know it was my choice to kill Min or sit down and deal with the mother's ashes.  :-\\

Edit additional: Thanks fragger, that did the trick and allowed me to get the journal.  :-X +1

Oddly enough it did not allow me to place the mother's ashes in the shrine next to those of Ajay's little sister.  Also, Min's body was still there on the dining room floor and could be looted as you described.  Call me sentimental but it would have been nice to have been able to move Min's body into the shrine as well.  ;D

- mandru

OWGKID

I somehow touched the ADS button on my 360 controller (playing most of my PC games with it) and I killed Min  :'( :D Wanted to destroy Min and his chopper with the LK-1018  >:D I love laser guided weapons  >:D :-() :-D

LEGACY

Art Blade

fragger:

you misunderstood. I did not get the buzzer past that fortress which is why I said, "fly as high as you can and then take a fricking car," meaning that you will have to abandon your buzzer eventually. Of course, knowing that, it might be a good idea to be on the lookout for cars or quads on your way getting there and to swap vehicles when that opportunity presents itself.  :)

fragger

OK Art, but I still don't get something...

I can't figure out how you got a ground vehicle past the fortress. When you blow the gate at the north end, it won't make a hole big enough for a vehicle to fit through. I tried blowing it several times but was unable to enlarge the hole made by the first charge.

Art Blade

fragger,
I might have used a quad but just to make sure I tried again, only this time I couldn't find a quad for the life of me and therefore went on foot. Anyway, it is easy to get there once you blew a hole into that gate. :)

fragger

mandru

Spoiler

I tried bringing in an elephant to knock a big hole through that upper gate.  It just bounced off the gate twice with no effect and died of exhaustion from the long trek.

- mandru

Art Blade

mandru,

goodness gracious ??? The elephant died of exhaustion, wow.. that is both disturbing and funny  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mandru

As there is really no spoilers in this post I don't think I need to hide it.  :)

Hannibal even with hundreds of soldiers had troubles getting elephants through the Alps.  While my trek was not as monumental I was navigating the Himalayas.  ;)

Every stupid civilian or even worse the Golden Path soldier will spook as you approach them and try to flee by jumping directly under the feet of the elephant.  The results (should one of them manage to kill themselves) being a scolding by the game to not kill innocents and at worse the partner of the dead Golden Path soldier will howl something about "And I trusted you!" where upon every Golden Path soldier with in hearing will swarm in opening fire on you and your ride.  :D

Min's troops on foot when encountered will shout "kill the animal" (your mount or maybe you... Naw  :-D ) and will automatically open fire so whether on foot or driving up you have to kill the troops on sight to preserve the elephants health.  (You can actually approach the ground troops quite closely before they notice you which I sometimes found surprising.)

You both take damage when that happens but the elephant being the larger target absorbs most of it and while you can heal yourself you can't heal your mount.

While being a nurse maid for one of the big lumbering oafs can be an equally big pain in the butt it does allow a closer visceral experience with the natural environment that can't be experienced shooting through the land in a vehicle and does allow a complete reprieve from all forms of animal attack and that includes devil fish while crossing rivers or lakes.

I racked up miles and miles of swimming in every other Far Cry game but the devil fish have all but kept me out of the water and potential exploration there.  If there's a local population of elephants to an objective they have given me access to that method of getting around again.
- mandru

fragger

Nice read :)

I like the elephants. If you're not immediately attacking someone and thus aren't using your "trunk" key to butt them with, you can use the same key to make your elephant trumpet. If there's another elephant nearby, it will trumpet in reply and will come over to your mount. Once you're on the move, periodic trumpeting will keep the other elephant following your own, so that when you do come across bad guys they will have two cranky pachyderms to deal with instead of just one >:D

mandru

That's a pretty cool discovery fragger.  Worthy of a mention in tips and tricks.  ^-^  :-X

You know if we can build a large enough collection of tips and tricks for FC4 we might need to organize them doing what we did with the FC2 section and create a lead post that identifies the tips and links to the post later in the thread for full details.

I wish there was a "Pat" option when approaching an elephant that would bond them with you allowing you walk or move on the ground stealthily while they hang about nonchalantly but staying close so you can take care of business best dealt with on foot and then mount and ride when you want.

But I'd probably want to limit the affectionate head butts and trunk slaps.  :-D
- mandru

PZ

Indeed; good one, fragger +1

Nice idea, mandru  :-X

mandru

On further post-game exploration and knocking about I have to amend my initial endgame cut scenes encounters.

Spoiler

Flitting in a buzzer past that temple in the lake that all of the Kyrati central core beliefs hinge around (I had three previous missions at that temple) I noticed that there was a formation of game characters assembled on the grounds so I dropped down to check it out.  Sabal was conducting executions of civilians who had sided or cooperated with Min's forces.  It was nice of them to await my arrival before starting the throat slashing fun.  :-\\

The cut scene consisted of Sabal being an inflexible hard a$$ against these people he'd decided were traitors and there was no interaction options for me to alter the outcome of the scenario.  The young girl Bhadra was there silently seated in state as the new Harishi Mahi-tuna (or whatever the incarnated title for Kyra's living presence walking among the faithful again was called).

To make things worse Sabal even injected an implied threat against me saying something along the lines of I had better fall in line or I could expect a big dose of the same purifying medicine he was freely handing out.  So in the first second the cut scene let go of me and I regained volition I buzzsawed the assembled collection of bastards and tossed Sabal into the lake so that his next incarnation could be in the form of Devil Fish poop.

My killing of Sabal at that point made no difference to the ending of the game.  Really the game was over as far as the game was concerned once that cut scene ended even though I was thirty or so hours into post game play.

Bhadra had vanished (from a throne on a covered wooden cart) the moment the cut scene ended and there was no real effect I could bring about for the future of Kyrat with the game still assuming Sabal was in power.

- mandru

fragger

Spoiler

There's a similar thing that happens with Amita which I posted about here, but you need to go to Tirtha to see that scene.

Thanks mandru, I wondered about whether something like that would happen with Sabal.

So both these people turn out to be murderous assholes in the end. I won't feel bad about putting a bullet into either of them in future playthroughs >:D

mandru

It looks like I now need to drop into Tirtha to see if I've missed something there.

I let Amita get away instead of killing her as Sabal ordered earlier in the game.  Kyrat should come into the 21st century to survive as a country but it has no need of either of the poisonous extreme fanatic schisms to be found in either Sabal's way or Amita's.
- mandru

JRD

I see a bunch of members have played and finished FC4 a couple times and yet I still believe there is not a consensus of whether or not this is a good game. I haven't seen any game rating too so at this point I am wondering what is the general opinion of the game. It seems like a great world, amazing graphics but crappy campaign although not as bad and linear as FC3...... anyone care to comment?
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

it feels like a DLC for FC3. Meh..

mandru

I'm resisting starting a second play through, spending a lot of time thrashing around in post-game free roam because I'm reluctant to lose my hard earned good weaponry.

Does that help?  :-D
- mandru

Art Blade

good, mandru :-D same here  :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳