End Game Spoilers

Started by mandru, February 11, 2015, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

fragger

Same here, largely. I tend to miss most of the stuff that our resident gaming sleuth, mandru, picks up on :-()

nexor

Like Art, I kill everything, if it doen't move I kick it till it moves and then kill it, so most of the things mandru picks up goes way over my head  :-D
But then again, what would OWG be without the ever sharp mr mandru  ;)
+1 for you mandru  :-X

Art Blade

Quote from: nexor on March 15, 2015, 05:47:17 AMif it doen't move I kick it till it moves and then kill it

exactly :laugh: :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

An interesting glitch the programmers built into the game.

Spoiler

At the point in the game where the mission to attack the brick factory comes up, it is initiated by speaking to Amita in one of the upstairs rooms in the Kyra Tea factory.  The Tea factory is the same place where you either Burn (S) or Protect (A) the poppy fields.

By saving the nearby Bomb Diffusion side mission until the Golden Path mission marker shows up  at the Kyra Tea factory you will find Amita standing mutely awaiting the completion of the side mission to speak to you about making your run on the brick factory even though the place is crawling with Min's troopers while you are diffusing those bombs.  ????

After clearing the bombs but before escaping the area to complete the diffusal mission I went back upstairs and took the prime opportunity to put an arrow into Amita's forehead tattoo.  She crumpled to the floor.

For my efforts I received the message "A critical character has died - Mission failed!" and had to start over.

Next time I'll bring an assortment of interesting ways to kill Amita and visit her (a few times) first before diffusing all the bombs.  >:D

- mandru

Art Blade

you're evil, mandru. And I like the way you're thinking >:D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

fragger

I came across that situation the first time I played, but not knowing what a toxic psycho this woman would later turn out to be, I didn't take advantage of the situation. I killed her anyway due to the fact that the enemy had already spotted me and started the countdown, which in turn made me rash and predisposed to shoot anything that either moved or even remotely resembled a figure in my haste to find and defuse the last bomb. I got the mission fail message while thinking to myself, "Aw geez... I'm sorry about that, you poor young lass".

If I'd known then...

mandru

Yet another end of game report.  ;)

Spoiler

I hit the end of my fourth play through FC4 and tried to shake things up to receive a different ending.

This time I played pure Sabal missions and at the last decision between Sabal and Amita I chose to destroy Jalandu temple (in the middle of the lake) for Amita and spared Sabal when I was later ordered to kill him.  I thought perhaps I could shake lose an alternate ending because in the mission to kill Yuma (while experiencing the Shangri-La hallucination) it showed the Sabal as leader ending where he was ordering the killing people of Kyrat who had sided with Amita for turning their backs on the gods.

It was that preview of what was to come if I stuck with Sabal that prompted me to switch.  But it had no new effect and ended as if I'd played pure Amita missions.  So I found myself viewing the same post-game scene in Tirtha where Amita was conscripting children and telling their parents to go back in their homes or be shot. 

When the cut scene ended and Amita was walking away with her two body guards I shot the two guards first but Amita was oblivious to my action.  I then to avoid receiving the "Don't kill innocents" message I tried running ahead and planting a land mine in her path but she screamed and walked well around where it was planted.  She just kept walking down the path and I was trying to decide whether I should just shoot her or could I come up with another unique way to finish her.  A Molotov was becoming a favorite option when Amita did something unexpected.

She stopped at a shrine at the side of the path and started silently praying and paying obeisance with much hand clasping and bowing.  :o

I stayed and observed for maybe ten minutes.  Once an eagle flew over and she ran to hide under the branches of a nearby tree then returned to praying after it passed.  At another point there was a close exchange of gunfire and she reacted in the same way.  I could see no indication that she was going to do something beyond the behavior I'd already experienced so I ended up shooting her and moving on.  Oh yeah, Amita can't be searched when she's dead but she can be picked up and moved.

I also tried to spare Pagan Min to see if there was anything to Min's dialog about Ajay taking over as leader of Kyrat.  But even though I tried to use the AWSD keys to move away, swung the mouse back and forth trying to get off target it was all ineffective.  As in my previous time through the game the computer took over and shot him.  :(

I need to find out what it was that fragger did in the one game he related to us where Ajay got to place his mom's urn and watch Min depart on the copter.  I would like to make the minor change of not shooting down Min's chopper for the "The King Is Dead" message (achievement?) to see if there's previously unobserved content or a change in game character behavior in that situation.

- mandru

PZ

:-X nice write-up, mandru

fragger

Once again, an excellent piece of observation mandru :-X

Quote from: mandru on March 27, 2015, 11:18:21 PM
I need to find out what it was that fragger did in the one game he related to us where Ajay got to place his mom's urn and watch Min depart on the copter.

Geez, what did I do that time? (racks protesting brain...) I think all I did was shoot Sabal when asked. I seem to recall that if you let him (or Amita) walk, Pagan gets shot at the table whether you want him to be or not.

Or was it if I didn't shoot Sabal/Amita? But you just tried that, and Pagan did a face-plant in the Crab Rangoon.

I'll try and replicate whatever it was I did this time around. I'm still in South Kyrat at present so it'll be a little while. Damn, what I'd give for more than one lousy saved-game slot...

mandru

fragger, I've finished up all the post-game play so I'll be going right back in from the start to see if I can achieve another alternate ending so there's no rush on that.  :)
- mandru

PZ

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on March 28, 2015, 12:37:59 AMPagan did a face-plant in the Crab Rangoon

lol fragger  :laugh:

I only finished the game once and I did NOT do anything (no mouse nor keyboard action) yet the game took over and shot Sabal and Pagan despite me not wanting it.

mandru

I finished my 5th play through and I've still not been able to get the spare Pagan ending.  :(

Each and every time after my 1st trip through (where I intentionally shot him) the game steps in and auto-whacks him for me as soon as the option becomes available.  I'm really hoping that "Kill Pagan" is not a hard wired PC thing but I suspect not because fragger reported achieving that ending.

::)  *Sigh*

Spoiler

This round I played pure Sabal and switched to Amita at the option to destroy Jalendu Temple and then killed Sabal when I was ordered to so that  the line in Pagan's dinner chat is correct (part of the spare Pagan' life dialog) when he mentions that I've already removed half of the competition to becoming the uncontested ruler of Kyrat.

The only thing I can think of is to remove the "No Detect" cheat before assaulting Min's palace on my next go around and see if that makes a difference.  I know that the final Shangri-La mission requires detection so I'll go back and flip that single variable that to see if that's been the problem.  :-\\
- mandru

T.V.

Quote from: mandru on April 09, 2015, 08:36:27 AM
I finished my 5th play through and I've still not been able to get the spare Pagan ending.  :(

Each and every time after my 1st trip through (where I intentionally shot him) the game steps in and auto-whacks him for me as soon as the option becomes available.  I'm really hoping that "Kill Pagan" is not a hard wired PC thing but I suspect not because fragger reported achieving that ending.

::)  *Sigh*

Spoiler

This round I played pure Sabal and switched to Amita at the option to destroy Jalendu Temple and then killed Sabal when I was ordered to so that  the line in Pagan's dinner chat is correct (part of the spare Pagan' life dialog) when he mentions that I've already removed half of the competition to becoming the uncontested ruler of Kyrat.

The only thing I can think of is to remove the "No Detect" cheat before assaulting Min's palace on my next go around and see if that makes a difference.  I know that the final Shangri-La mission requires detection so I'll go back and flip that single variable that to see if that's been the problem.  :-\\
I also deliberately shot Pagan in my 1. play through.
In my 2. and 3. play through, I still had the choice of pulling the trigger or not...
I shot Noor and Amita in my 2. play through, and then no one in my 3.

In my last (3.) play through I also tested the "fortress-theory" regarding those Pagan Wraith convoys.
After liberating the first outpost (mission), I went for the buzzer and did this:
-Hijacked the most north tower in the south area, NW of The Kings Bridge, to get my favourite sniper and the missing Yak skins I needed for upgrades (the rest is available in the "tutorial" area, or with using bait in that same area).
-Liberated the outpost Kyra Tea Weigh Station.
-Unlocked the Fashion Week missions and did the Black Water Dragon mission.
-Hijacked the tower east of outpost Kyra Tea Weigh Station (think this is necessary for the retaliation partys to appear).
-Went back to outpost Kyra Tea Weigh Station and got a retaliation call that I responded to and finished.
-Liberated both fortresses.
-Liberated Outpost Kyra Tea Terraces
-Fast travelled back to first outpost to get the buzzer (had left the buzzer too far away)
Tada: Got the message that a Pagan Wraith convoy had arrived.
So it is possible to liberate the fortresses before the Pagans Wraith convoys appears.

I'm not using the cheats during normal game play (except for the final Shangri-La mission, thank You +1 :-X )
So it might be that they are the thing "making the difference" here.

But I still think You should try to delete the savegame files though. ;)
:lamp: Also then make sure that Upay starts in off-line mode, and start a new game in off-line mode as well, so no previously on-line stored saves replaces the deleted ones.
When there have been a couple of off-line auto saves, one can go on-line again, to get the arena ranks. 8)

mandru

Thanks T.V. I'll give that a try but I'm a little unclear on the process to delete the save game file.

Do I delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\-long_random_string-\856 or do I open it and empty its contents with Notepad++?

I get seriously concerned when it comes to messing with program or system files.  Even after I decided to try using the cheats for FC4 it took me a couple weeks reading the instructions over and over on how to apply them.  After downloading Notepad++ I was sweating bullets to finally build up the nerve to actually make the leap.
- mandru

Art Blade

lol mandru @ sweating bullets  :-()

You remove the files found there, yes. You can delete or move them. Most of the time moving files is a good idea because you can move them back to restore the old state. Essentially that would be a backup strategy.

Notepad is an editor to either create or change text-based content like XML or a config file or just some quick notes. Notepad++ just has got a tad more functions. :-()

mandru

???

I think I'm confusing File and Folder.

Let me try to ask that a little more clearly as I don't want to get this wrong.

Am I removing the whole folder with a right click delete or the contents of that folder  leaving an empty target folder for future auto-saves?

Art, It occurs to me that copying and pasting the contents (into and out of) of the Save file as you suggested has the potential of allowing the possibility of unlimited Save Points that can be manually loaded overcoming FC4's single save game file.
- mandru

fragger

You really shouldn't have to do any of those things - I never did, even though for the life of me I can't remember what I did, or didn't, do. But it didn't involve any deleting of files or employing cheat codes.

I'm trying the same approach as you, mandru, this time around. I'll let you know what transpires.

mandru

You' couldn't be more right fragger, I really shouldn't have to do any of those things.  Then again it's not a perfect world and UBI falls far short of making perfect games.  :laugh:

This last play through I had the situation arise again where the Pagan's Revenge Convoys failed to show up.

I wouldn't try monkeying around with the files (it scares the hell out of me) but my theory to leave the fortresses alone until after unlocking enough outposts to trigger the revenge convoys failed so I'm pushed to the point of looking for any silver bullet that will fix that bug once and for all.

Without the convoys you can't learn the Heavy take down skill which includes using a death from above attack on them or the knife throw take down against them as part of a chain.  Not having that skill unlocked also limits your effectiveness against the big flame shooting demons in Shangri-La for the same reasons.

There's also one weapon (that I never would use as it's so lame compared to the handgun you unlock with UPlay points  ::) ) that will never become available because it requires defeating two of the convoys to unlock.

- mandru

T.V.

Quote from: mandru on April 09, 2015, 02:25:56 PM
Do I delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\-long_random_string-\856 or do I open it and empty its contents with Notepad++?
Quote from: mandru on April 10, 2015, 06:51:51 AM
Am I removing the whole folder with a right click delete or the contents of that folder  leaving an empty target folder for future auto-saves?

Art, It occurs to me that copying and pasting the contents (into and out of) of the Save file as you suggested has the potential of allowing the possibility of unlimited Save Points that can be manually loaded overcoming FC4's single save game file.
You should not right click on, or move, the folder it self. You should do this with the 4 files within the folder.

And Yes, moving the files to "backup" folders makes "saves" for future use. (Just remember that Upay and game should be off-line when loading these "saves", until there is a new auto save.)
I have stored several "saves" my self.  ;)

Quote from: mandru on April 10, 2015, 08:41:17 AM
You' couldn't be more right fragger, I really shouldn't have to do any of those things.  Then again it's not a perfect world and UBI falls far short of making perfect games.  :laugh:
I agree with You both, this is just how one have to cope with games from UBI...  ::)

mandru

Thanks T.V. for your patience walking me through this.  :-X +1

I've been awaiting this clarification and can now apply it so I can get back in the game for the sixth round of play.  :-D

I'm doubly cautious to be sure that any changes I make are applied while Uplay and the game are not active.  :)
- mandru

Tags:
🡱 🡳