ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

thanks, so far, so good. But I don't trust this :-D The next coop or the next upgrade or the next u-play disconnect or WHATEVER IT IS... If they don't bloody fix it, I will certainly feel the Barbarian in me wanting to kick a sword up the arse of the one responsible, kick it up so hard that the tip pokes an eye out. I lost about 50 hours due to that crap, and the club is probably gone or inaccessible, too, now.

Edit: Just noticed that despite a fresh start, I'm still [OWG]ArtBlade :) That's got to be saved with my u-play account
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Well, at least it doesn't push you in an identity crisis after all :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

I may have found a solution. Someone on the ubi forums said he had the same problem but setting u-play to offline should solve it, but no coop or club activities..

Currently testing with my last backup from the old career. Who knows.. that is at least something.

Stiku

Oh nice, lets play a co-op heavy, multiplayer game offline  :-[

Anyone close to Canada, so they can put a really bad piece of paper to the entrance of the employees in Ubisoft Montreal studios  ::)

fragger

From what I've read here so far it seems Ubi dropped the ball before the game even started and can't pick it up again without fumbling it :D Thoroughly inadequate pre-release testing of the PC version, evidently.

And it's obviously not just you Art - judging by the number of user complaints there are major probs with the PC game. The very fact that a topic was started about it here is pretty telling. This really is a poor showing from Ubi.

Art Blade

yep.

I have updated my ticket again telling them that it might be u-play.

Since 2009, I posted my 2nd (!) post on the UBI forum, just where that guy came up with the tip.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/952341-AC-Unity-Can-t-load-from-saved-game-freezes-while-loading-Elise-bug

So far, my old career game seems to w@&k offline. Now they need to fix it so it works online.

Art Blade

FOR f@#k'S SAKE  >:((

OK, today I got an email from UBI which was damn quick. But then.. reading the email.. I was getting angry. Here's the email.

By the way, my original subject was "game-breaking crash causing corrupt savegame"

[Save Game] Corrupted [Ubisoft Support Ticket: <redacted>]
Hello ArtBlade,

Recently you requested personal assistance from Ubisoft Customer Service. Below you will find a response to your recent request for support. Please do not reply directly to this email.

Does the response below address your concern?
YES NO

<redacted> @ Ubisoft Support    2014-11-17 18:19 GMT
Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Vielen Dank für Ihre Rückmeldung.

ACHTUNG: Bevor Sie die folgende Schritte ausführen, bitten wir Sie sich die Spielständen zu sichern.

Bitte deinstallieren Sie das Spiel und Uplay/Ubisoft Game Launcher, über die Systemsteuerung.

Bitte laden Sie sich das aktuelle Uplay herunter von www.uplay.com.

Bitte starten Sie Ihr PC erneut in die 'Abgesicherten Modus' (Safe Mode), dieses können Sie starten wenn Sie "F8" drücken während das starten Ihres PCs, BEVOR Sie das Windows Schirm bekommen.

Installieren und starten Sie bitte Uplay, über das Kontextmenü der rechten Maustaste, in dem Sie "Als Administrator ausführen" wählen.

Bitte installieren Sie das Spiel.

Bitte deaktivieren Sie die Proxy Einstellungen in Uplay.

Diese Einstellung geschieht spielübergreifend und kann zu Problemen beim ersten Spielstart führen.

Sie müssen sich online in "UPLAY PC" anmelden und die folgenden Massnahmen ausführen:

1. Klicken Sie auf "Einstellungen" (Zahnrad Symbol)
2. Entfernen Sie das Häkchen unter "Uplay immer im Offline-Modus starten".
3. Entfernen Sie das Häkchen unter "Erlauben Sie Uplay die Benutzung einer Proxyverbindung für den Zugang zum Internet"

Bitte starten Sie Ihr PC erneut wie Sie gewohnt sind.

Diese Frischinstallation sollte Ihr Problem lösen, falls Sie jedoch noch immer Fehler entgegnen, bitte melden Sie sich wieder bei uns.

You wrote    2014-11-16 23:50 GMT
It may have to do with u-play. When I start u-play in offline mode, it doesn't seem to crash anymore. I found that tip on UBI forums. Apparently there are more players affected by that bug. Thanks

You wrote    2014-11-16 22:11 GMT
I'm sorry to say that even the older backup that was supposed to w@&k eventually crashed and got corrupted. I have lost about 50 hours which I spent building that career, a full-blown 5-diamond legendary outfit character with quite a bit of coop experience and all the rewards for that.. gone. Please.. find a fix for that. Thanks

You wrote    2014-11-16 13:25 GMT
I found a backup that seems to w@&k. I could do the main story mission now that previously kept crashing. Before, it also crashed during free roam. I think you might be interested in comparing that savegame that works and another one that you can load but will cause a crash.

You wrote    2014-11-16 10:02 GMT
(I accidentally closed the previous ticket because there is no "back" button so I have to repeat the ticket) Guys.. I can't play any more. My career (savegame) doesn't load anymore.. I tried a backup, happened again. Different backup, still a new random crash. Always corrupting the savegame. I played like 45 hours without any problems and haven't changed a thing. I'll send you my savegames so you may analyse them. Please fix it :) Thanks
I suspect it is due to "patch2" -- with version 1.1.0 I had no problems but 1.2.0 seems to be the only explanation since I haven't changed anything. By the way, I made savegame backups from the start, about 35 different stages. If you need anything, please let me know. Thanks

Does the response above address your concern?
YES NO

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within four days.

Kind regards,
Ubisoft Customer Service

My response (back at UBI support en-GB):

QuoteFirst of all, thank you for your quick response.
What I don't get is, how can you reply in English letting me know that you received my request but then continue to reply in German to a question that was obviously written in English, also the URL I used was support.ubi.com/en-GB/ (could as well have been en-US)? Does that mean that you didn't get what I want and randomly picked a reply in German? Also you changed my subject to something else, why would you do that? You didn't seem to understand the problem at all so please try again.
Thank you.

What they told me in that mail, the German part, was to make a backup of my savegame (THE CORRUPTED SAVEGAME THAT IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS A CLOUD BACKUP? plus, HOW do a backup? They didn't say. Oh, I have a backup.. right.. then why would I want to make another one??) and uninstall the game, u-play and the ubi game launcher and then do a fresh install of all three. Hey.. it was a steam installation.. I downloaded 37GB in 7.5 hours, waited another 25 minutes for the decryption.. now it will be 55GB download.. hell, what is wrong with them, and the game launcher comes with steam, anyway.. and  WHY uninstall u-play.. it was FINE before they patched it, it still is fine with other games such as AC4BF!

Stiku

Hehe, They must have transferred you to German support who then replied to you in german.

Just a quick note, steam doesn't deliver unpacked content, everytime you download a game, its packed and then extracted once the download is finished this is to save bandwidth on the server.

unreleased content is also crypted when delivered, but encryption takes alot more time to decypher than just extraction.

Art Blade

PZ

Your second post since 2009!  ???

Art Blade

yep..  :-() Told you, here is "the only forum I decided to register with" which also means, the only forum that I decided to post on.

I wanted to help inflate their forums regarding the number of customers complaining about catastrophic bugs.

The forums are indeed filling up with topics and posts regarding the crashing and corrupt savegames on one hand and going offline and not experience any crashes on the other hand. Apparently the current standard reply from UBI support is "uninstall and reinstall" and people are complaining about that, too.

PZ

Well, I'm certainly glad you found your way here!

Ubi's solution is just a band-aid to help people feel better about doing something rather than nothing.

Art Blade

Thank you very much :) And I'm certainly glad this place has existed :-D

Yep, UBI does what every support does until they have an actual solution.

I tried online today and almost immediately the game crashed. I set u-play to offline and started the game again and of course, it has worked -- I'm still constantly making backups.

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on November 18, 2014, 07:56:14 AM
...I tried online today and almost immediately the game crashed...

Probably not worth even starting co-op until Ubi releases their next mega patch.  Interestingly, their patches to fix the game are larger than the file size of other entire games.

Just goes to show you how massive the game is.

Binnatics

What they should have mentioned, instead of giving a non-solution, is:
"Thank you Mr. Blade for the save game file. We are aware of said trouble and are working on a solution. Your help by sending in a save game is much appreciated. As soon as we find a solution we will publish it here on the forums. Kind regards, etc."

That's proper and fair customer support. And a lot easier than the crap they sent to you. I believe Rockstar did that; honestly stating that they do have a problem with the multiplayer connectivity in GTA V and don't have the solution yet.
I heard that Rockstar has problems with the transferring of older online profiles to the new versions. Again, they don't have the solution yet, but are working on it.

I can imagine that you don't have the slightest belief in the solution they offered you, and are even less willing to check it out. I wouldn't either. It's definitely a Uplay problem, and if it keeps only affecting PC gamers it will probably not be fixed very quickly :-\\

Hope for the best...
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Quote from: Binnatics on November 18, 2014, 10:38:46 AM
... It's definitely a Uplay problem, and if it keeps only affecting PC gamers it will probably not be fixed very quickly :-\\

Hope for the best...

Definitely - not experiencing anything like it on the console, and my son has already finished the game, and is now doing only co-op - not a single problem for him (also PS4)

Art Blade

My hope is that the negative press and the pressure they're under makes them do something even for the PC. The negative press for the PC is being noted by all kinds of people.

PZ

I'm positive they will.  I'm sure there are lots of AC fans that would purchase the game, but are waiting for Ubi to fix it first

Binnatics

You are probably right. On the other hand... I experienced Uplay bugs for more than a year until it finally started acting the way it should... the problems weren't that extreme though... only like; "overlay not functioning", "not being able to invite friends", "countless connection losses in MP", "disabling Steam overlay functionality", "making Steam think I stop playing the game right after I start it"... Etcetera ::)
And some are still bugging me even now, that's one of the reasons why I did not push through in Blood Dragon, which was a disaster by the way :D

PZ

It will probably end up in the bargain bin before they get Uplay working right

Binnatics

I was just beginning to get positive here :angel:

Art Blade

Art Blade

Oh GOD! I had to jinx it.. ???

I just checked my mail and look what we got:

Quote<redacted>@ Ubisoft Support    2014-11-18 21:04 GMT
Dear customer,

Due to the country you selected, you have been forwarded to the German support site.

If you would prefer to receive assistance in another language, we will forward your incident to a native speaker of your preferred language.

However, the best and fastest way for us to offer you the optimal support would be if we continued our correspondence in the German language.

Please let us know in which language you would like to proceed.

Best regards,
your German Support Team

PS: Wenn Sie den Support auf deutsch wünschen, können Sie natürlich ganz einfach auf deutsch antworten. Beschreiben Sie bitte Ihr Problem noch einmal genau und präzise und aktualisieren Sie dann Ihre Anfrage.

OK.. I can tell by the grammar "choices" that <redacted> is not a native speaker indeed. What I don't get is why they are asking me WHICH LANGUAGE I WOULD PREFER -- I should reply in Spanish and tell them que me gustaría hablar con alguién que sabe como se trata a clientes que les escriben en inglés. >:((

Now I'll have to update the ticket again and tell them that I wish to communicate in English, please.  ???

The "best" bit is the German part at the end. It tells me that I if I wanted support in German it would of course be alright to reply in German and in that case I was asked to articulate accurately and precisely my problem again. :D

Alright, here we go, round 2. :-D

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳