ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

We experienced a MP glitch in which we completed the mission and only needed to escape the area.  My son saw a completely normal environment while I saw disjointed parts with no way to escape - had to quit and lose the entire progression  :'(

Art Blade

Unfortunately, there are bugs and glitches.. well, let's collect them here. I magically made it so that PZ "started" this topic. :-()

PZ, that is horrible  :( I mean that bug, not the fact that I made you start this topic  :-()

My first glitch: Defying gravity, two people looked as if lying down on something but were floating in mid-air.

[smg id=7313 type=preview align=center caption="glitch 001"]

..and my second glitch (trying to climb down fast, I got caught by that glitch flailing my arms and legs in mid-air, stuck like that. I had to load a previous mission for a replay which I quit the moment it started so I was sent back to where I left off, this time near the original spot, on the ground.
[smg id=7317 type=preview align=center caption="glitch 002"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

JRD

I readabout a glitch where you "fall into the map" that seems to be widespread in ACU. Several players with an hour or so into the game reported that and many other glitches.

Ubi screwed up big time!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Stiku

Quote from: PZ on November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM
We experienced a MP glitch in which we completed the mission and only needed to escape the area.  My son saw a completely normal environment while I saw disjointed parts with no way to escape - had to quit and lose the entire progression  :'(

That must have sting alot.

Lets wait and see, how much you paid per bug for the game  :angel:

Art Blade

this is active beta-testing and on top we paid the full price >:((

I heard of game-breaking bugs where a player got stuck in the middle of a mission and he was unable to go on from there. Maybe it's something like my 2nd bug but I found a workaround. Basically quit and restart a mission, respectively load a previous mission just to quit it.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I hope for you guys' sakes that Ubi hasn't rushed this game out the door too quickly... :-\\

Art Blade

UBI? Never.

at least that's what they think.

PZ

That's awful!

We lost an MP mission, and of course, it was after we had completed it  :D

I think I'll just run around Paris doing exploration, leveling up as much as I can, and simply get to know the place until Ubi gets another patch out, which I expect will be rather soon.

Who knows... maybe FC4 is in my near future after all  :D

JRD

I wonder how come they manage to release a broken game like this.  ????

Art just said they took 7 years developing the game - 7 freaking years!  ??? It takes some serious planning and project management. Multiple departments interconnected, a complex schedule and a budget.

It's as if there's a clause in a contract that says they HAVE TO release a game right before December in order to make it to the holidays shopping season and if they don't a huge fine will be applied to the company. So a fancy suit behind a desk start making phone calls and rush the game out of production based on a legal condition that has nothing to do with the w@&k done by the rest of the team for the past 7 years. I bet that if you could ask one programmer or developer if they would like to hold back the game release for a couple months they'd say "Yes, we want to deliver somethig finished to our customers". As it stands now, Ubi already stained their name on the market and is likely to face a law suit.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

Quote from: JRD on November 13, 2014, 09:42:21 AM
I wonder how come they manage to release a broken game like this.  ????

Because there is no one to stop them.

They probably have think tanks where they discuss the damage to their image versus profits, and how to mitigate those damages while maximizing their holiday potential.

Art Blade

PZ

Stiku

YAY, Ubisoft has found that there is a information superhighway called the "Internets"  :D

Most likely someone stepped out of the box in that place and realised that they can actually communicate with the outside world.

This has always been take case with Ubi, they don't give out information regarding problems, downtimes, malfunctions or anything related to their games, sometimes the version logs are more like "1 bug fixed" but nobody would even know what the bug was, or was it a feature that wasn't even supposed to be fixed (Sub culture game in the 1997...)

Art Blade

:)

Yep, seems like they finally heard the shot and woke up.

additionally there is a lively twitter from UBI

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/with_replies

fragger

The screenie that was shown on the Gamespot page looked like an animatronics model that had fallen apart ???? Bloody hell, what a glitch!

Art Blade

Stiku

Art Blade

I noticed in my downloads, 332.6MB -- let's just hope that this time they actually fix stuff without breaking something else  :-()

PZ

Well, you know how it goes - you fix the fan belt and the water pump goes out.

Art Blade

:-D So far, my savegames still w@&k, everything OK on my end.

PZ

Me too - as long as I'm playing SP, I have not experienced any of the missing faces, falling through holes, hanging screens, etc.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Art Blade

hadn't happened to me at all, coop worked nicely, too. The only bugs so far are the very first two in this topic.

Well, sometimes the game freezes on me for say 5 seconds but continues just fine. That was already the case before patch2.

Art Blade

Game Breaking Bug
In the middle of my free roaming a silhouette popped up (you can disable that) which was a player asking me to join an ongoing coop mission to which I agreed. However, some time in the middle of the coop, my game crash-froze so I had to use the task manager to get out.

After a restart, the game option "continue" (your only career save game) tried to load the savegame but in the middle of it, it crash-froze. Tried it again, crash-froze again.

In other words, my career was gone.

Solution

I have been making backups after every significant event (31 backups now)

Path for UBI's savegames:
hd:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<your random number>\857\

Step 1:

In the U-Play setup, disable cloud save (otherwise it will keep downloading the corrupt savegame)

Step 2:

Replace the files "1" and "2" with your backup files

Step 3:

Better be safe than sorry -- use your backup career and thank yourself for having made those.. game on. :)

Art Blade

god damn it, now it happened again when I wanted to continue the main story. So whatever it is.. :D

Tags:
🡱 🡳