ACU: Bugs And Glitches

Started by PZ, November 12, 2014, 11:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Art Blade

:) When I looked at the screenshot and the caption, I thought that it could have two opposing meanings.

A) This is what Support wishes to do to their customers
B) This is what customers wish to do to their Support

:-D

By the way, now edit: no news from Support. I suppose that is good news. It is definitely better than another German reply to an English request.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Stiku just pointed me to this (+1 :-X)
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-185876-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

QuoteGame Crash Workaround Identified

We have discovered one of the issues that may cause the game to crash at the main menu after pressing the CONTINUE button. This issue affects all platforms.

The team is working hard on a fix for those players that have been affected by this. However, for players who haven't experienced this issue, we highly recommend you take the following steps to prevent a crash:

Do not add any IN-GAME RECENT PLAYER as a GAME CONTACT
    If you already have GAME CONTACTS, perform the following to remove them:

My Brotherhood > My Contacts > Game Contacts (using RB/R1) > Focus on a Contact (LS) > More Actions (Y/Triangle) > Remove from contacts.

If you are still experiencing a crash at the main menu even after the above steps, then please file a ticket at support.ubi.com.

- The Live Updates Team
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

+1 from me too Stiku  :-X

Maybe that is one reason I have not experienced a problem - I have not added any in-game contacts.

Art Blade

I did. I even have two members in the club whom I don't know. They just applied, I just allowed them in.  :laugh:

Binnatics

Hope that helps, for now. And if not, File a ticket!!! >:D >:D >:D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Unfortunately it doesn't help me as I am already affected by the bug. The tip is only for those who aren't, yet, as a prevention. Those like me are waiting for the team to finish working hard on a fix.

fragger

In other words, don't let the riff-raff in... :-\\

PZ

I guess there is an advantage in this instance to be somewhat antisocial  :-()

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

yes, indeed.. and one doesn't catch the flu or other nasty stuff, either :-()

Art Blade

cool, thanks :) They always seem to release those notes after I checked  :-()

QuotePatch 3 includes over three hundred fixes designed to improve your Assassin's Creed Unity experience.

??? Bloody hell!

fragger

???

They should have named it Patch 300 ::)

Binnatics

That's a lot. They'd better use some sort of beta-testing next time.

PZ

Quote from: fragger on November 26, 2014, 01:15:13 AM
???

They should have named it Patch 300 ::)

:laugh:

Well, I still say this is the best game I have played in the AC series

Art Blade

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/

QuoteAn Update on Assassin's Creed Unity from Yannis Mallat

The launch of Assassin's Creed Unity was a highly-anticipated moment for me and for our development teams around the world who dedicated a tremendous amount of energy, passion and skill to the game's creation. For us, it was the culmination of years of w@&k on new technologies, the development of multiple innovations -- including an all-new game engine -- and an evolution of the Assassin's Creed franchise's core pillars. More importantly, we know that it was a highly-anticipated moment for many of you as well, as you looked forward to taking part in the first truly next generation Assassin's Creed game.

Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues. I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of Ubisoft and the entire Assassin's Creed team. These problems took away from your enjoyment of the game, and kept many of you from experiencing the game at its fullest potential.

We've been working hard to fix the problems players are reporting, and the patches we have released so far have resolved many of them. Today, we're releasing our third patch, which fixes a variety of specific issues related to the game's stability and performance, matchmaking and connectivity, gameplay and menus. You can find the release notes on that patch here: Patch 3 Notes

To show our appreciation for your continued support, we're making the upcoming Assassin's Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone. For Season Pass holders, we will also offer the choice of one additional game from a selection of Ubisoft titles for free. More details on the offer for Season Pass holders can be found here: AC Unity FAQ

In addition to the latest patch and this offer, we are committed to delivering further fixes for other issues you've raised. In the meantime, please keep your feedback coming – it has been both humbling and incredibly helpful as we continue working hard to improve the overall quality of the game. We are hopeful that with these forthcoming updates, everyone will be able to truly enjoy their Assassin's Creed Unity experience.

We will continue striving to make Assassin's Creed one of the most ambitious and innovative franchises on the market, and we thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Sincerely,

Yannis Mallat

CEO, Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto

And now the surprise

QuoteAssassins Creed Unity Offer FAQ

Am I eligible to receive the Dead Kings DLC for free?

Yes! Anyone that purchases Assassin's Creed Unity on PS4, Xbox One or PC will be eligible.

When will Dead Kings be available?

We have not yet announced a release date for this DLC, but it is coming soon.

How do I get the Dead Kings DLC*?

Xbox One

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the Xbox One Marketplace. There will also be a link from the in-game menu.

PlayStation 4

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on in the PlayStation store. You will also find a link from the in-game menu.

PC

Once available, the Dead Kings DLC will be listed as an add-on within Uplay or in the Steam store from the ACU product page depending on where you purchased the game. You will also find a link from the in-game menu.

Am I eligible to receive a free Ubisoft game?

If you purchased the Season Pass or Assassin's Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass)
<Art: yes, got that>, you are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.* These are:

The Crew
    Far Cry 4
    Watch Dogs
    Assassin's Creed Black Flag
    Rayman Legends
    Just Dance 2015

We are currently setting up the system to process this offer. We will provide an update on how to claim your free game soon.

What about the other content from the Season Pass?

Season Pass holders will continue to have access to a variety of additional content, including Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China.

Is the Season Pass still available for sale?

We are discontinuing sales of the Season Pass.

* FREE DLC AND FREE GAME AVAILABLE ON UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK. FREE GAME TO BE REDEEMED BY NO LATER THAN MARCH 15, 2015. LIMITED TO ONE OFFER PER PERSON. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ACCOUNT (UPLAY, STEAM, XBOX LIVE, AND/OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. SPECIFIC LIST OF GAMES AVAILABLE FOR FREE MAY VARY PER COUNTRY AND PLATFORM. FREE GAME LIMITED TO PLATFORM ON WHICH ASSASSIN'S CREED UNITY WAS INITIALLY PURCHASED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ACCOUNT. IN ADDITION, UBISOFT'S TERMS OF USE AS POSTED ON UBI.COM APPLY.

Art Blade

There is one interesting twitch, only the German news contains it (about the season pass)

QuoteIst der Season Pass weiterhin erhältlich? Warum nicht?

Wir stellen den Vertrieb des Season Passes ein. Da der ,,Dead King"-DLC für alle frei zugänglich sein wird, bietet der original Season Pass nicht mehr den angemessenen Mehrwert für den Spieler. Alle Assassin's Creed Unity-Kunden können weiterhin die zusätzlichen Inhalte, die im Season Pass enthalten waren kaufen und die Inhaber des Season Passes werden weiterhin automatisch Zugriff auf diese Inhalte erhalten, inklusive Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China.

Translates to

Is the season pass still available? Why not?

We are discontinuing the distribution of the season pass. Because the DLC "Dead King" will be accessible to everyone for free, the original season pass does no longer represent an adequate  additional value to the player. All Assassin's Creed Unity customers may still purchase additional content that used to be part of the season pass and holders of the season pass will automatically be granted access to said added content, including Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China.

PZ

Looking forward to the new DLC - I do not have the season pass.

PZ

2.76 gb for the latest patch  ???

I've some entire games that are not that large

Binnatics

So basically, you purchased a free DLC for let's say €30,- and therefore you are now given the option to get an additional game? Well, lucky you that FC4 was available :)

PZ

Funny thing - a repeat of what h append to me with FC2.  The latest patch made the game worse for me.  Now free run in not nearly so good.  Man more mistakes, much like all the other AC games - now feels almost clunky,

Art Blade

hmm. I still have to find out, just downloaded the "patch 300" for PC,  1.5GB

As to FC4: I bought ACU gold for 80€, still get access to the upcoming DLC as a season pass holder, got all the freebies for the pre-purchase, and get a 60€ game on top. Basically 80=2x40€, as in ACU for 40€ with everything included, and FC4 for 40€, which is a reasonable price for these two and all that is included with it.

Art Blade

BLOODY HELL! THEY ACTUALLY SEEM TO HAVE FIXED IT! ??? :-X

My game didn't crash when I went online and it actually loaded my savegame that I know crashed the last time I tried. Now I'll have to wait and see whether or not the game stays that way without crashing on me out of the blue.

:)

Tags:
🡱 🡳