Jackal Tapes

Started by PZ, June 09, 2009, 09:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricamundo

I've noticed the last few J tapes all play the tired kid message as well. I don't recall this earlier on in the game, before the 1.03 patch auto updated whilst i was roughly 50% into the game.

i guess i won't know for sure until playthru *6. ;)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

RedRaven

wierd....
at 27% (about to kill Gakumba), got all 9 jackal, all 3 predecessor tapes from first act and they are all playing correctly. will let you know if get the same glitch when i hit act2 later tonight.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

KingRat

Quote from: dke58 on June 12, 2009, 01:09:00 PM
wierd....
at 27% (about to kill Gakumba), got all 9 jackal, all 3 predecessor tapes from first act and they are all playing correctly. will let you know if get the same glitch when i hit act2 later tonight.

I didn't start having trouble with the tape until act2. The P-Tapes are ok I think, just having issue with the J-Tapes.

Art Blade

why the heck did they use audio tapes in the first place? All tape recordings plus one or two live execution vids would have fit on one proper disc, and done!  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Interesting observation - was playing the PS3 this morning on an earlier saved game and picked up a Jackal tape.  Expected to hear the same worn out story about the kid with the shotgun in his lap when lo and behold - a different tape played.  What I don't remember is exactly when the game I'm playing was saved.  In any case, the corrupt Jackal tape issue that was plaguing me for a long time has now resolved itself.

TheFishlord

I figured it out guys! Seems that the tapes repeating themselves only happens on a game that had the 1.03 patch installed part way through. Start a new game and it should be fine. It's only when you get a tape, install the patch and get another one that this glitch happens. Could be wrong but that's what happened so far...

PZ

Good one, man!   :-X

Makes perfect sense as to why the tapes started working again on a prior save (one before 1.03)

Art Blade

oh yes... sounds likely  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

KingRat

Nope, when I got my PC version it DL'd the 1.03 patch when I started it. Started having the J-Tape issue in Act II.

Sorry  :(

Art Blade

have (any of) you tried playing back the tapes? I think mine play correctly if I select them from the menu, despite of the glitch.

PZ

I have, but I did not check the tapes from the menu before they started working again on the PS3.  However, as I mentioned (I think I did) I did not have the tape issue when I started collecting them on the PC despite v1.03

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on June 17, 2009, 06:59:10 PM
have (any of) you tried playing back the tapes? I think mine play correctly if I select them from the menu, despite of the glitch.

I picked up 6 more tapes after #10, but none were added to the list. Of course they all played the same message  :D

PZ

Yes, they play correctly from the menu, but they also played correctly when I collected them.

RedRaven

so thats 1 all , so far. and no word from Ubi about fixing it yet. will keep score on this one (just for fun)
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

I just collected another Jackal tape on the PS3 this morning - I previously reported that the game was playing the same shotgun tape repeatedly.  For some reason, I now have 7 Jackal tapes, and all of them played properly.  What I don't know is why the darned thing is working now, when it was not working for several other games.

As an interesting aside, the predecessor missions are not showing up at all any more - the Jackal tapes w@&k, and the predecessor tapes do not... welcome to the strange world of FC2!   ;)

Art Blade

How many play-throughs have you so far... 10? I think you're just wearing that game out  ;D

PZ

My goodness, I stopped counting when I was at around 10 or so.  These days I usually start with something around 4-20% or so and do different things - that's how I learned about the Goka bridge collapse.  Sometimes I do buddy missions, sometimes just the main ones.

Today, I just ended the Leboa map in Mike's bar, and I ensured the death of all the buddies by filling Mike's with IEDs.  Just before the mercs finally killed me, I looked around and saw that all buddies were dead - now on to Bowa, and the final chapter to see what happens at the Landing Zone.

Art Blade

PZ, check again - in your notebook under "buddies" - are they really dead or just "missing"? I ask because I had only Michele left at Mike's, and shot her personally in the head. Afterwards, at Bowa, I noticed she went just "missing" (block of wood for a head perhaps).

PZ

I'll check - would be strange to see their dead bodies at Mike's and then see them listed as missing.  I've done something like this before, but I couldn't get the last one.  Then at the LZ, there was only the one buddy to torment me - should be interesting to see what happens this time.

Art Blade

I only had two times at Mike's. The first time I was busy to keep all my buddies alive, the second time I had already finished everyone off before that showdown, and "killed" the only one and last, Michele, who miraculously survived and showed up in the landing zone.

PZ

Just to see what happens, I started a new game completely from scratch on the PS3 yesterday and am now collecting Jackal tapes.  On prior plays through, once I collect 7 tapes, they become "stuck" on the kid with a shotgun routine.  I'm only up to 3 tapes on the PC so I don't know if I'm stuck there as well.

deadman1

Quote from: PZ on June 28, 2009, 03:12:40 PM
Just to see what happens, I started a new game completely from scratch on the PS3 yesterday and am now collecting Jackal tapes.  On prior plays through, once I collect 7 tapes, they become "stuck" on the kid with a shotgun routine.  I'm only up to 3 tapes on the PC so I don't know if I'm stuck there as well.

Just like PZ I started a new game and I´ve have the same problem with the tapes as before. After collecting 7 tapes they get stuck on the kid with a shotgun. I missed tape number 7 in Leboa before gooing to Bowa, don´t know if that has any effect on this issue.

PZ

Quote from: deadman on July 04, 2009, 12:31:50 PM
Just like PZ I started a new game and I´ve have the same problem with the tapes as before. After collecting 7 tapes they get stuck on the kid with a shotgun. I missed tape number 7 in Leboa before gooing to Bowa, don´t know if that has any effect on this issue.

Dang it, I just went to Bowa on this play through and did not collect all 7 either.  At least I have a fresh 27% save I can go back to.

KingRat

This is really strange :D When I left Leboa I had 9 Jackal tapes and the 10th one (near safe house at old ranger station sw sefapane) stuck me with the kid with the shotgun....so are there 16 or 17 tapes total? I'd found 16 on my 2nd play on the 360, so I thought there were 8 on each map....go figure ;D

Art Blade

I have no idea  ;D All I remember is that I tried to collect all of them only once. And then I noticed I had a gap in the count, as if one or two were missing in the middle. I found that particularly strange since I had used D_B's downloaded map and systematically searched both Leboa and Bowa.

Tags:
🡱 🡳