There's no substitute for FC2...

Started by PZ, December 12, 2013, 11:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binnatics

I think Ubi is too busy making money. Who'd blame them for that? They just exploit what they got and aim for the big public.

FC2 was developed in a time where the possibilities in gaming were still to be discovered and perfected. I think most commercial developers will never spend so much effort to details and immersion anymore as they did back then, because the commercial laws dictate to create quick pleasures. Plus, with today's standards in graphics and gameplay it would be way to expensive creating such a big and detailed world. Maybe they'd even have to develop an entire new engine to make it right. I think FC2 was an error in certain ways, and Ubi won't make that mistake again.

I agree, Fragger, with the obvious improvements in FC3. They did a good job improving the game mechanics. I suddenly realise that they show they learnt from other big franchises they develop. All the special takedowns are something they must have learnt from AC. But I disagree they improved driving a lot. In FC2 the driving was horrible. In FC3 it was getting acceptable but still a bit clumsy.

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on October 26, 2014, 04:13:00 PM
I remember noticing that the lorry engine noise disappeared

I did try in the meantime, and indeed, no engine sound in any lorry.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

I uninstalled, then reinstalled FC2 so I could avoid the problems associate with the update - I got back the engine noises, and also got back all the proper tape recordings.

Come to think of it, I  think gibbed developed the modding tools to w@&k with the updated FC2, so that might be the reason I'm having problems with player.xml now - some kind of end of file error.

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Too much trouble, I think.  Plus, I like the idea that I have my engine sounds and tape recordings back, so I'll live with the 30-round magazine.  Even at that, none of the mercs have even a slight change with the load out I have

JRD

Quote from: PZ on December 12, 2013, 11:25:39 PM
I guess the summary is that even though I've been looking for "the next FC2", I doubt I'll ever find it - this game is truly a classic that is number one in my book, and nothing else has ever come even close.

I am yet to see fire effects made as fantastic as in FC2!  8)

Not to mention the immersion this game creates!

Simply amazing!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

fragger

Yep, it's a standout game all right :-X

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳