Daimond on ledge near fort in North

Started by retiredgord, March 23, 2009, 09:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

Hi again. I'm having trouble getting this sucker as I can't seem to jump far enuf to get to the other ledge outside of the fort.  Maybe it my technique or maybe FarCry Dude is a lousy/weak jumper.  Any suggestions?
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

DKM2

Yeah, it's a tough one sometimes for whatever reason. Sometimes I've jumped it first try
and other times I've missed 15+ times in a row.
I've never figured out a way to do it every time, so now I just try once or twice and if I don't get it
I just go do something else for a while and come back to it.
Saves my sanity, keyboard, mouse and any other nearby breakables.    ;D

Jump as late as you can is the best I got. Anybody else?
"A living thing seeks above all to discharge its strength--life itself is will to power..."

JRD

I never had trouble getting this one.
But I know there are a few annoying, hard to get diamonds, like the one in the Petrosahel.
Be patient, try again and again and listen to DKM's advice, chill out a bit or you'll smash some piece of hardware.
And you are right, the FarCry Dude is a lousy jumper... maybe malaria and heavy equips doesn't help at all!!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Dweller_Benthos

I walk right to the edge of the rock, then back up a few paces, keeping perfectly aligned to the tip of the rock, then run & jump at the very last moment, and keep running once you're on the other side. I think you actually have to jump a little on the downhill side of the first rock, not from the highest point.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

spearhead_22

I didn't have much of a problem with this either. I came sprinting and then jumped from one rock to the other! Helps you clear longer distances.
Don't knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and...run! He hates it. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳