Red Dead Redemption

Started by spaceboy, March 22, 2009, 11:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Good one, space :-X Hope nobody steals your hoss while you're sleeping ;D

Sounds like it'll be a fun game.

spaceboy

thanks fragger.   Oh and I forgot to mention the box included a huge map akin to the FC2 map.  A nice addition.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

nice story, space :) Enjoy the game, matey  :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Haven't posted in a while but I feel inclined to give this game the praise it deserves. I just picked this game up yesterday and all i got to say is "Wow". It blows CoJ out of the water (and even though i didn't play the 2nd one, i'm sure this has nearly 2x the content that had to offer). Nothings better than lassoing a guy off his horse only to pull him behind yours :P. I highly suggest it even if you didn't enjoy GTA IV.

Art Blade

YAY!  :) MATE! What took you so long! Great to know you're still there... don't lose touch, tehsam016  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

tehsam016

Haha it's good to see somebody remembered me ;). I'll probably post more frequently now that RDR is out and all :).

spaceboy

Quote from: tehsam016 on May 19, 2010, 02:34:27 PM
Haha it's good to see somebody remembered me ;). I'll probably post more frequently now that RDR is out and all :).

haha- of course tehsam016 - glad you stopped back in!  Can't wait to chat about RDR - I need to "get out of Dodge" so to speak I've only played the first day last night.  Looking forward to more story mode and hopefully some more MP as well.

tehsam016

Yeah unfortunately I have it on 360 since most my friends are on there, so I probably wont be able to play with you but i'd be more than happy to share stories of SP/MP gameplay :). For example earlier today I was playing through SP and there was a bandit standing on a ledge throwin tnt at me, well i just went into dead aim and shot him in the leg making him tumble down the rocky ledge, but here's the kicker: about half way down the ledge the tnt he had lit in his hand blew up launching him at least 20 feet in the air down into the river below, hilarity ensued :).

Art Blade

hehehe  ;D Explosives sure are fun. I tried c-4 fishing in JC2, but fish there are kind of tough.. they shrugged it off as if it had been nothing.  ;D

spaceboy

speaking of water - Marston can't swim (at least in MP)  I drowned myself admiring a beautiful waterfall in free roam.  Haven't checked SP yet.

tehsam016

Pretty sure it's the same in SP, however thankfully there isn't too much water to transverse, so that means a lot more land to discover :).

spaceboy

I'm still way early in the game.  I got bit by a damn snake, killed it though and will sell it's skin for $.  Got my horse jacked, but I shot the guy.  Lots of random stuff.  This world is awesome.

Art Blade

whoa, snakes biting the player... sounds like the devs were really into detail. Did you kill it by biting back?  ;D

JRD

Quote from: spaceboy on May 20, 2010, 07:05:36 AM
I'm still way early in the game.  I got bit by a damn snake, killed it though and will sell it's skin for $.  Got my horse jacked, but I shot the guy.  Lots of random stuff.  This world is awesome.

About theft, in GTA, when you steal a car, if you take too long to hit the gas, the driver sometimes comes after you, pull you  out of the car and start a fight... I`ve seen a guy getting out of his car (that I accidentally hit) with a shovel in his hands. Devs did an outstanding job in details in GTA and they are sure keeping up to their reputation in RDR!
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

tehsam016

o_o A shovel? Anyway they will do the same in RDR (That is steal back their horse) except if they're bandits they'll most likely shoot at you instead.

Art Blade

lol, a shovel...  :o glad they don't carry gatling guns around ;D

eor123

I'm off to a great start...

Shot my horse in the head while trying to kill coyotes.
Got beaten by a girl in a horse race [ my wife, the cowgirl, says "Well...of course she beat you."
Been thrown off my horse twice.

Controls are giving me problems... going to take a while to master them.
"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

ninzza

I'm 26.5 % complete. So far this game is great.  :-X
The best part of this game IMO is the random events. There are many types of random events, one example was  when I was riding on the road then I encountered a guy who asked me to get a man for him. So I chased the man who was trying to escape but I managed to lasso him and returned to the guy. It turned out the guy who aksed me for help was a cannibal.  ;D  I had the choice to shoot the canibal or just walk away. I chose to shoot he cannibal.

batdog

I'm having connection issues with multiplayer (seems like a general problem) so I'm having fun with the single player game instead.

Spotted a wanted poster in Armadillo and decided to take the bounty on the criminal.  I tracked him and his gang to Mercer Station and took out all of them apart from the leader who made a quick escape on his horse.  I tried to chase him down but he stayed ahead of me.  Next thing I'm suddenly told to loot his body. What?!  I find the bandit and his horse lying dead at the bottom of a small cliff.  Obviously in trying to outrun me he's taken a wrong turn and fallen down the cliff.  Dusk is falling as I loot his body for proof to claim the bounty back at Armadillo.  I'm attacked by three or four bandits who I quickly despatch.  Returning to Armadillo I'm pursued by four or five groups of bandits who I manage to kill.  There's no way they're shooting my horse.

I've hardly completed any of the game but am enjoying it a lot.  Lots of random things to see and do and lots of ways to slow down or ramp up the pace.  At the moment I'm happy to take it easy and pick wildflowers!

Art Blade

Hehe, you guys do a good job describing the game aspects, I can virtually see what's going on :) I love the headshot to the horse while trying to kill coyotes and the cannibal story, and the accident by the cliff LOL  :-X

fragger

Quote from: eor123 on May 21, 2010, 11:17:20 AM
Shot my horse in the head while trying to kill coyotes.

You must have been taking riding lessons from Custer - he did that once in reality. Wasn't coyotes he was after though, it was buffalo or something. He had to be found and rescued by his own men ::)

Cool stories so far, pardners :-X

eor123

The lasso is giving me fits.

I suppose it is operator error but am beginning to wonder if there is a glitch of some kind at w@&k.

I can lasso horses or people without a lot of difficulty but the lasso releases immediately.

I stood a few feet away from a guy and must have hit him with the lasso a dozen times. The "hogtie" icon came up and I pressed he appropriate button but nothing happened.

When it has worked, I really don't know what I've done differently.

"Seriously...f@#k it. This place is like an airplane with the engines falling off. The pilots are too busy choking each other to see there is a problem. "  -- Marty Alencar

tehsam016

That's odd, i've never really had problems with the lasso, in fact it's probably my favorite gadget so far. I just can't get over how funny it is when you lasso someone because they always struggle and stumble around till they fall over lol.

spaceboy

haven't unlocked the lasso yet - can't wait to try though

eor123

I may have come across the technique.

Apparently, after you lasso something, you must release L2 [on the PS3] -- the one you must hold down to twirl the lasso and aim with.

I guess by chance that was happening occasionally and that is why it was working at times.

I'll experiment later.

I got so frustrated after failing two missions because of my inability to master the lasso, I took it out on the people of Armadillo. I killed every one of them -- prostitutes; civilians; lawmen ; shopkeepers ; the doctor; and several horses. I killed every one who came into town on a wagon or horse in the next 30 minutes. There must have been 10 abandoned wagons and numerous dead horses and people littering the main street when I was finished. 

It was a night and a thunderstorm popped up during my killing spree -- the lightning and thunder; a dozen horses and the occasional person screaming. It was pretty apocalyptic.

The graphic load was so heavy, the game started lagging badly. My honor went from almost all the way on the right to all the way on the left and I had a $3000 bounty on my head. Marsten went totally psycho...or maybe I did?

::)

I'm better now.

I can restart as a virtual saint.  ;D

Tags:
🡱 🡳