Tricks and tips

Started by fragger, January 17, 2015, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

mandru

Schrodinger's Kyrats?

Assign him a spot to get to and he becomes a wave event as to whether or not he exists when the dust settles.  ^-^
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

that was pretty darn funny, mandru  :laugh: +1 :-X
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I recently posted about how I spared Min at the end of the game and we went to a cutscene where I placed Ajay's mom's ashes in a shrine. When I came back out, Min was leaving in a chopper. I downed the chopper with an explosive arrow and saw Min's body fall out. After the credits, I went back into the game and made my way up to Min's palace, but I couldn't find his body.

Well, I went back up there again, and this time I found him. The chopper and the body were next to the road not far from the palace. Apparently I just didn't notice it along the way the first time because I didn't expect to find it there. It appears that whenever you spare Min in the end game but then shoot down his chopper, he and the chopper always end up here. The location, which is to the left of the road near the palace, was obviously a set-piece. I looted Min's body and got his gold pen - the same one he stabbed that poor sap in the neck with at the beginning.:

[smg id=7694 align=center width=600]

Then I gave him a boot in the chops for good measure >:D
[smg id=7695 align=center width=600]

You can sell the gold pen - for a cool 300,000 Rupees 8) And here's the cool part - you can do this over and over again. Every time you make your way to Min's body, you can loot him again, and get the gold pen again. You can then sell it for another 300,000 Rupees. I did this several times and filled my wallet up real quick. If you want a lot of money relatively quickly, it's worth the effort. I say "relatively" because it takes time to get up there. Here's why: To get to Min's palace, you need to make your way through the Royal Fortress until you reach the road gate at the northern end. It will be closed, but you can blow a hole in it with a C4 charge. Unfortunately, the hole won't be big enough to let a vehicle through, so you'll have to trot up to the Palace on foot, and it's a bit of a ways. I tried flying over the Fortress with a gryo but the game wouldn't let me do it.

So if you run short of cash during your post-game free-roam, you'll know where there's a plentiful source. If you do shoot Min at the table during the end game, you will find his body on the floor next to the table if you go to the Palace later. I don't know whether you can loot him there as well, I didn't think to try it the first time around :D But if you want to see the wrecked chopper scene, don't shoot Min at the table. And remember to equip some sort of chopper-downing weapon before you do the Royal Fortress mission, so you can shoot down Min's chopper later after the ashes scene. There is no shop in the Royal Fortress, and there is no gap between that mission and the one to decide Min's fate at the Palace. Once you're off to do the Royal Fortress mission, you'll be locked in until the end game.

Art Blade

Thanks fragger for confirming the gold pen tip  :) However, what I didn't know was that you can loot it over and over again, +1 :-X :)

Spoiler

Before Binnatics gets into trouble again and before we are being "accused" of team-play loyalty ( :-() ) for mentioning and acknowledging the following, I'll post it myself fist, this time. :-D

Quote from: Art Blade on January 02, 2015, 11:46:52 AM
There is free-roam after the story.

fragger:
in reply to your spoiler questions

I chose to play Amita's missions only and actually shot Sabal. I had to defend the town, yes. No, I didn't see that Amita forced kids. And my ending: I had no choice. I waited but the game fired the pistol for me at Min.

And something you may not know
special secret special ending

If you let Min live and he takes the chopper, shoot the chopper down ("the king is dead" will pop up). When you can, go to the crash site and pick over Min's body to retrieve some 300k+ cash and his golden pen (worth 300k+)  :-D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Fist yourself... post it...  ????

Spoiler
:-() :-() :-()
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

PZ

Nice one, fragger +1  :-X

I really appreciate the spoilers, chaps - I know it sounds strange, but knowing what is up ahead makes the game much more enjoyable for me, especially if the knowledge is about cool things you can do in the game if you know to do them.

mandru

C-4 makes short w@&k of a rhino.  It also turns their hides into rubbish that's not worth skinning off them.

And I was under the impression that I'd collected enough rhino hides to make a couple crafting upgrades at the same time before I figured that little detail out.  :D
- mandru

Art Blade

:-D too bad mandru because the moment you're skinning it you're being told, already  ^-^ By the way, it goes for most weapons. Don't try stuff like the buzzsaw on an animal you want a proper skin of. :-()

Tip: headshots keep the skin intact

fragger

Thanks guys :)

I went and looted Min once again, and discovered that you get more than just his gold pen. You also get a Lapel Pin which is worth even more than the pen: 350,000 Rupees. You'll also score a good amount of cash, not sure how much exactly (my wallet maxed out). So every time you loot Min's body you'll receive well over 650,000 Rupees :-X

Art Blade

:-D

there will be a time when you don't know anymore what to do with that much money. :-()

nexor

Believe me guys, ammo and bullet proof vests are expensive, before an attempt to liberate a post my wallet would contain about 1,3 million,
after the fight I try to search each and every body for loot, and if animals are killed during the fight I would skin them as well.
When I sell all loot and stocked up my wallet is down to about 950 thousand.
Just getting your vest to 100% can drain your wallet at an alarming rate.
So my advise is to upgrade your wallet ASAP.

mandru

In the Prologue right after you have cleared the outpost where the troops are holding the clouded leopard (right before you make the climb up the rope) you will encounter a small group of very skittish goats.  You will want to collect the hides of every one of them.  They (4 pelts) are the first upgrade adding a side arm to your holster.  Rushing through I only collected 3 of them and found they were not reintroduced into the game until after you recapture the outpost seized by the troops.

When reintroduced they will be there near that outpost.  ::)

D_B had commented that he'd spent a lot of time searching for something like a donkey only to discover it turned out to be these goats.  After you've cleared the first tower even the map hints for where to hunt for specific animals is misleading.  The map shows a hunting ground for the goats but when you get there you'll find nothing but eagles and badgers.  :D

There is a 30 point UPlay bonus handgun with stats that rival the the AK-47s that would have been very handy addition to my load out through the first chapter if I'd been just a bit more meticulous in making my hide collections instead of sensing the finish line and bolting on ahead.
- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah those goats.... I walked past so many thinking I needed a donkey type thing.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

A bait ball will also attract Devil Fish.  I used the bow to fill my needed skins for them but they take two hits to kill and invariably will dash away after the first hit.  I found that it was helpful to (after tossing a bait) tag them with a snipe rifle from an elevated position (like a rock ledge) on the bank before letting the first arrow fly.  That way I could track it to give pursuit in a boat and deliver the finishing shot.

Rule of thumb:  They are widely dispersed and hard to spot in a large body of water while you are searching for them but the instant you enter the water to gather a skin or dive for a collectable object they are there waiting for you in what seems like a swarm.  ::)
- mandru

fragger

Yeah, worse than piranhas  ???? I think they're programmed to just appear near you whenever you take a dip.

PZ

Quote from: mandru on January 26, 2015, 11:34:00 AM
A bait ball will also attract Devil Fish.  I used the bow to fill my needed skins for them but they take two hits to kill and invariably will dash away after the first hit.  I found that it was helpful to (after tossing a bait) tag them with a snipe rifle from an elevated position (like a rock ledge) on the bank before letting the first arrow fly.  That way I could track it to give pursuit in a boat and deliver the finishing shot.

Rule of thumb:  They are widely dispersed and hard to spot in a large body of water while you are searching for them but the instant you enter the water to gather a skin or dive for a collectable object they are there waiting for you in what seems like a swarm.  ::)

I hunt for them with a mortar  :angel:

Spoiler

Binnatics

"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

mandru

I would suspect their skins would be worth as much for crafting as the rhinos I bagged with C-4.  ;)

As long as I've made an effort to I keep a tree or the awning of a building over my head or when I've heard an eagle cry moved to cover I've never been attacked by one of them.

A quote from "Weird Al" Yankovic's movie UHF:  "Badgers, badgers?  We don't need no stinkin Badgers!"

Spoiler
- mandru

Binnatics

Quote from: mandru on January 26, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
I would suspect their skins would be worth as much for crafting as the rhinos I bagged with C-4.  ;)

I think it was a headshot :-()

PZ

Art Blade

I can kill those fish with just one arrow. Just don't let the arrow "drop" into the water, you need to bloody PULL all the way back before you let go, and don't be too far away from the fish so the power is still sufficient when the arrow hits and then it will kill. :)

fragger

Found something interesting. My game is long over story-wise and I've been traipsing around liberating outposts and doing all the side missions I passed over to get the story done quickly. I've been free-roaming for about the past week, then today I happened to go to Tirtha to do a hunting mission. Lo and behold - a post-game cutscene with Amita began. I had done Amita's missions solely throughout the game, bumped off Sabal, and Min was long dead. There was one last cut scene at the end of the game with Yogi and Reggie, then the game was officially over and I was into free-roam mode. But after all this time, when I went to Tirtha this scene unfolded:

END OF STORY DETAILS ARE IN HERE

Amita is rounding up civvies to force them into joining the Golden Path. Some are protesting and pleading with her, but she threatens to have them shot if they won't join. Ajay argues with her but she is very cold and ruthless. At the end of the scene when I had control again, she was walking away from me - so I let her have it in the back. The Golden Path guys she was with immediately turned on me.

I don't know if something similar happens if you do only Sabal's missions, but I'd say something would. Whether you have to go to Tirtha for a final post-game cutscene with him or some other location I don't know.

PZ

That's cool, fragger; the game appears to have the potential for more hidden gems  :-X

fragger

Yep, it is cool, sort of like a hidden epilogue. Maybe if I hadn't done what I said I did in the spoiler, there might have been some sort of continuation elsewhere, but I doubt it - I think it was a final one-off Easter egg kind of thing.

Tags:
🡱 🡳