PZ's FC4 comments

Started by PZ, January 05, 2015, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

There is no back seat -- you're basically balancing on an axle. :) Looking at those pics makes me wonder whether or not the term buzz cut might come from flying shotgun (literally, in those pics) in (or on) a Buzzer (the gyroscopter is called Buzzer) :-D

[smg id=7675 type=preview align=center caption="coop buzzer front"]
[smg id=7676 type=preview align=center caption="coop buzzer back"]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Yes, I know, but I'm using the term figuratively rather than literally - the "buzzer" is probably a better term (considering the sound it makes), but I kind of like the term "gyro" - reminds me of the kits that were available when I was a kid  :-()

Art Blade

lol PZ  :) The emphasis was supposed to be on "there is no back seat" (which you cannot see unless you get out and take a look at your co-driver) rather than telling you it was called Buzzer. Maybe the pics were a tad too small. :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I love the gyros, even though they don't behave like a proper gyrocopter (or autogyro, or gyroplane, or rotorplane...) A real one can't just take off and land vertically because the rotor is unpowered. It relies on the air pressure generated by forward movement to act upon it and make it turn, a bit like a windmill, so you still need horizontal movement as well as space to take off and land in - although they can get up pretty quickly. They also can't simply hover, or move backwards or sideways - they must move forwards at all times to maintain rotor lift. The propeller is what provides the primary motive power. Some have the propeller up front, and some have a "pusher" type at the rear, like the ones in FC4 (and the one in The Road Warrior movie).

But what the hell, it's a game and the gyros are cool 8)

Art Blade

I like pita gyros with tzatziki. :-()

fragger

:laugh:

Do they make you blow as hard as a gyro rotor? >:D

On second thought don't tell me, I don't think I want to know... :-\\

Art Blade

depends on the amount of chopped onions. :-()

PZ

:laugh:

Still free roaming the world sightseeing.  I can't believe the variety of things I see from magnificent waterfalls to giant statues and everything between.

I must say that this kind of variety I have only seen in more linear games like the Uncharted series

My 700 sniper is an excellent weapon as long as I get a head shot.  If I ever complete the main missions to get the more advanced snipers, I'll reset all the outposts and have another go - this is quite fun.

Art Blade

if your son is that advanced in the game, let him equip the weapons that you haven't yet unlocked, find anyone with a weapon, kill him, and let you son pick up that weapon. He'll have to choose which weapon to drop (one of those you haven't yet unlocked) and you will then have to pick up his weapon. BING -- that weapon is now unlocked for you.  :-D

PZ

Thanks for the tip, AB!  I'll try that the next time we do co-op  :-X

fragger

Quote from: PZ on January 10, 2015, 09:29:33 AM
Still free roaming the world sightseeing.  I can't believe the variety of things I see from magnificent waterfalls to giant statues and everything between.

There is indeed. It's a much better-looking game than FC3, the detail is richer and more varied. The weather effects too are better, with varying winds like in FC2, a more realistic day/night cycle, and moving clouds in the sky. There is a near-continuous light snow falling in the Northern region. Never real heavily though, it's not like you have to wade through it or anything, and it doesn't distract. Doesn't rain much in the game, if ever, but then in reality I don't think it does in those climes - too high, cold and dry.

nexor

PZ

Dang, nex, what do I need to do to get that weapon?

I'm looking forward to the northern map, fragger - the slight snowfall sounds like wonderful ambiance for the north

I guess I'll need to start doing main missions (see my signature)  :-\\

nexor

Yep, you need to do some main missions PZ, after freeing Willis there are e few follow up Willis missions, I think the last mission for him is called "Don't look down", after this one the AMR becomes available, I found this mission one of the most enjoyable missions.

PZ

That sounds great, nex - I'm looking forward to the availability of the AMR, and will do main missions until I get it - thanks for the info!

Art Blade

quite a neighbourhood there, nexor  :-D

nexor

This is right outside a liberated outpost ART, Some of the outposts have a lot of animals nearby and  some are very quiet with no animals around

Art Blade

mandru

I think the AMR looks like a whole lot of fun.  >:D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

when I used that in coop, it must have been really loud because eventually I was asked, "damn that thing is loud, what gun is it you're using?" :-()

nexor

It is loud ART, but that's one of the reasons I like it, it sounds powerful, makes me think back when I pulled a few shots with a friend's 458Magnum hunting rifle, man does that thing kick, managed to fire 3 rounds my shoulder was numb for 3 days  :-D

Art Blade

mandru

AMR?  I like loud.  ^-^

When using the AMR have anyone noticed if any of the animals are drawn to or flee from weapon noises?

I know reaching back to my favorite AS-50 from FC2 that I loved it because it was remarkably loud and could be detected by mercs from further away than if I was using a lesser weapon.  I suspect it was even louder and carried further than the grenade launchers' subtle thump.  When I'd pick a snipers nest to demolish an encampment I could almost count on mercs from far flung patrols and neighboring areas to come nosing in to see what all the hubbub was about.

The more the merrier, right?  >:D

So it made me wonder if the elephants, rhinos or other more aggressive FC4 denizens become irritated by the AMR's noise and come looking for you.

Also is the AMR an explosive round as it was in FC3?
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Binnatics

I guess so. Otherwise the power it provokes would've pulverised your shoulder on the first hit ;D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

nexor

I wouldn't say the sound is drawing animals mandru, not more than any other weapon, and only nearby mercs are drawn, but any shooting will bring nearby mercs anyway.
It also doesn't have an explosive round, it is just very powerful and can take down anything with a single shot

Tags:
🡱 🡳