Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 02, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Thanks fellas :) The bear trod on a land mine. It was during a side mission to protect some people from animal attacks. I had plenty of time to snap the picture - he went flying!

Thanks for the info Art, I wasn't aware of the new HUD toggle thing :-X

Art Blade

welcome :)

A landmine, was it? Gives me ideas.. I have the "sticky" feature enabled on grenades, C-4 and.. land mines. We should throw a sticky land mine at a bear or rhino or elephant.. and have them approach another living being.. and then, get cracking  :-D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

You sick ba$t@rd :-() :-X ^-^
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

:-() I tried it.. the bear with the mine took out another bear and himself.  :laugh:
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

nexor

This is where the game starts getting interesting  >:D

Binnatics

Ahum, hm, maybe time for a screenshot? So that my sick mind gets satisfied as well? :-D
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

The mine was on one bear which set off when the other bear met him where now the fire is, a result of the explosion, as is the current position of those bears.  :-D
[smg id=7578 type=preview align=center caption="bear with me"]

Here I rigged a bear with C-4 after I had used a few mines around here already. Running out of bears? Toss a bait to get fresh ones (works in areas where bears are at home)
[smg id=7579 type=preview align=center caption="mine games 1"]
[smg id=7580 type=preview align=center caption="mine games 2"]

It just looks so funny.. that C-4 as a butt cork :-D
[smg id=7581 type=preview align=center caption="remote bear bomb"]

PZ

:laugh: :-X +1 for the bear cork idea!

Art Blade

Thank you. :-D

Actually, mines are not so much fun because they blow up too easily and quickly. Meaning, you toss it onto an animal and on moving, the beast blows itself up. C-4, explosive arrows and baits are the perfect loadout for fun.  :-()

Get to a high position so the animals won't chew on you if you fail to blow them up. Toss a bait from up there and wait until it stopped bouncing around. Then toss a sticky C-4 at the bait, it will be easier to aim at the bait and making the C-4 drop nicely close to the bait than it would be trying to make the bait stop bouncing next to a C-4. Prepare your screenshot. By the way, you won't run out of baits as long as you pick over the animals that you blew up but you may run out of explosives. Try to hold a Sherpa captive for resupplying purposes.  :-D

Blow up your first animal. By the way, I'm not sure whether or not "blowfish" was derived from this sport. However, you'll start to pile up carcasses which you may pick clean, harvesting both hides and baits.

[smg id=7582 type=preview align=center caption="blow-ups 01"]

There is, however, a slight chance that you cannot pick up anything from an animal that you blew up. See, here is why: Animal (tiger) approaching (running)..

[smg id=7583 type=preview align=center caption="blow-ups 02"]

and literally getting "blown away" as in turned into a cloud of blood that blows chunks of meat and entrails around. May happen to anything but bears, it would seem, they're too big :-D That cat here simply ceased to exist.

[smg id=7584 type=preview align=center caption="blow-ups 03"]

Well, once you've run out of explosives, the vultures and other birds will start to show up.. time for your explosive arrows for some finishing-off and mopping-up.  :-()

[smg id=7585 type=preview align=center caption="blow-ups 04"]

Binnatics

A Thick, fat, sticky kudo on the back for the groundbreaking cruelties you managed to drag out of this game :laugh: :-X :-X

Actually, in a way, it's a proper way of expressing your feelings about the game >:D

Art Blade

Thank you. :-D

I'm actually beginning to like the game.  :) With cheats, though. As is the only way for me to enjoy ANY Far Cry SP game.

Art Blade

Kyrat is a nice place. Tourists feel at home immediately, the hospitality is unparalleled. There may be minor incidents that are part of the local culture and tradition but you should not mind them in the least.

[smg id=7586 type=preview align=center caption="tourists welcome"]

PZ

Still think the graphics are stunning

Is that a watch or compass you're wearing, and does it actually w@&k?

Art Blade

A wristwatch, and it is working. It does show the current time. It is also the same watch that you use when you want to change the time of day (sleep) so yes.. finally we get to see the wristwatch that FC2 was already supposed to feature.  :)

I like this road sign. Particularly because I noticed it after I had taken a couple of lives. :-()
[smg id=7587 type=preview align=center caption="save a life"]

fragger

Funny pics mate :-X :-D

There's never any shortage of animals in FC4. You no sooner kill one than another one respawns, and usually not very far away.

Hint: Don't try to toss a rhino aside with a vehicle. The rhino will toss your vehicle aside instead :-()

fragger

Yay - it's the return of the GLAT! Although I've only found one so far...
[smg id=7590 align=center width=600]

Dweller_Benthos

Nice shots guys.

Art, how do you get close enough to a bear to stick a mine to his butt without getting mauled?

And on the topic of animal attacks, I thought I had a foolproof way of shooting animals with the bow to get double skins, just get up on a roof and you're all set. Except for tigers. Tigers can apparently climb anything you can, lol. Wish I had video of that one. I was up on a shed roof hitting him with arrows when he hopped right up and got ready to pounce. I just had enough time to let fly with another arrow to stop him.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Cheers, guys  :)

D_B, I use the "IgnorePlayer" cheat :-() Else, I use the "sticky" option which makes hand grenades, C-4 and mines stick to any surface (except mercs, it would seem) so I can throw explosives like mines or C-4 at animals from quite a distance and they will stick to where they hit.

PZ

Thanks, AB - that indeed is a great feature.  I enjoyed setting the time of day in FC2 depending on how I wanted to travel the world.  Sometimes night is fun, and at others, there is little more breathtaking than an early morning stroll high above Lake Segolo

Now I'm more excited to get the game knowing that the cheats w@&k, and reading the modding thread GKID posted gives me hope I can play the way I want to.  :-X

I'll need to wait until I get my new PC though, I'll not waste my hard earned cash on the console version.

Art Blade

Cool :) :-X

I had another idea. Bombers.. as in bomber planes.. planes are called birds.. so, some bird with a bomb.. sticky bomb to a bird.. bingo!  :-D

Load the payload onto the bomber
[smg id=7592 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 01"]
Here it comes..
[smg id=7593 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 02"]
There it goes.
[smg id=7594 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 03"]

I thought if I could blow up a bird shooting it (or its payload) it might w@&k with mercs, too. I was hoping to toss a C-4 at an eagle and later have that eagle attack mercs or my fellow idiots, and that they'd try to shoot it and then blow it up eventually. Would be a good laugh, wouldn't it :) So I tried it myself first.

See you, aim... steady..
[smg id=7595 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 04"]
Bang! Feathers everywhere but no explosion?
[smg id=7596 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 05"]
Dang, I must have killed the pilot. The bomb dropped (centre of the pic) but of course it didn't set off as it was only a remote-controlled C-4 (a mine would very likely have set off during take-off, already) so.. there is the pack of C-4. Useless. Well, I tried  :-()
[smg id=7597 type=preview align=center caption="bombers 06"]

PZ

Nicely done, AB!  :-X

Art Blade

Cheers :)

Here's one of those "eh, wtf" moments. I was going to rig a boar but was gobsmacked when I watched this instead.

[smg id=7598 type=preview align=center caption="eagle boar 01"]
[smg id=7599 type=preview align=center caption="eagle boar 02"]
[smg id=7600 type=preview align=center caption="eagle boar 03"]
[smg id=7601 type=preview align=center caption="eagle boar 04"]

Binnatics

You actually left it alive :o ??? ???    :bow

PZ

Dang, that is one strong bird; brings me to another wishlist mod - make one of those your buddy

Art Blade

PZ, in FC4 you don't have buddies. It's only you and your rifle. :-()

Binnatics, hehe, well, choices. If I had tossed C-4 right there, I wouldn't have got those nice screenies :-()

Tags:
🡱 🡳