Screenshots

Started by fragger, December 02, 2014, 07:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah but this place is a set-piece, there was no sherpa around, just the pack and a crate. I didn't think to look if the pack is lootable though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

leave a mine in case he returns.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Binnatics

Art and explosives :angel: :-X :laugh:
"Responsibility is not a matter of giving or taking, responsibility is something you share" -Binnatics

Art Blade

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I think I found a lost verse of the Mahabharata. I was able to push it around, but then I accidentally trashed it. Professors of Sanskrit antiquities will curse my name forever...
[smg id=7679 align=center width=600]

Glitch city: I'm actually in a basement here. Walls are transparent, and apparently I have a view of the underworld. All that stuff outside is floating in a milky void. And you thought Shangri-La looked weird... Yep, that is a dirty big bomb on a trolley on the left.
[smg id=7680 align=center width=600]

Kyrati man-cave.
[smg id=7681 align=center width=600]

Kyrati man-cave with a big evil-looking statue in it.
[smg id=7682 align=center width=600]

PZ

????

Nice pics, fragger - I've not seen any of those places and am looking forward to the adventure

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, i saw a similar, no-walls glitch and put it in my last video. Not sure if it was just a one-time thing or if that hut is just missing the inside textures all the time, as I haven't been back there since.
D_B

fragger

I haven't watched that one yet D_B, will do so soon :)

Quote from: PZ on January 16, 2015, 06:12:20 AM
Nice pics, fragger - I've not seen any of those places and am looking forward to the adventure

I haven't screenied half the cool places I've found. I just keep finding them, mainly because I'm going around collecting Masks, Mohan's Journals, Lost Letters, Spinning Wheels and Propaganda Posters to get my XPs and/or Karma points up. Masks, Journals and Lost Letters tend to be found in interesting locations.

Which leads me to a tip: It's worth buying a couple of Maps if you want to find where all these things are. The maps aren't hugely expensive and you don't have a lot else to spend your money on early in the piece anyway. Buy South Kyrat: Items and Mid Kyrat: Items for starters - these reveal the locations of all the above collectibles.

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 16, 2015, 07:50:23 AM
Nice, i saw a similar, no-walls glitch and put it in my last video. Not sure if it was just a one-time thing or if that hut is just missing the inside textures all the time, as I haven't been back there since.

The glitches are in lots of places, but they are not deal breakers for me.  My son and I were in co-op the other day, in a cave system, and saw a couple of mercs floating in the air sleeping.  Takes away a bit from the immersion, but no big deal for us.

fragger

I struck a somewhat annoying glitch yesterday. I did one of those missions for Longinus where you have to get to a vantage point, wait for a smuggler to appear, then tail him to his hideout. I got to the vantage point, the smuggler appeared - but the game failed to provide me with a vehicle to tail him with. I had to sprint after him on foot, and at one point the message appeared saying "The smuggler is too far away". I didn't lose him though, even though he got a ways ahead of me - I still managed to stay close enough to prevent a mission fail, probably because I went after him in a straight line over hill and dale while he was driving on twisting roads, so he never got far enough away from me to trigger the fail.

I caught up with him at his hideout and clobbered him and his crew, but still the "smuggler is too far away" message remained. I looted the vault key from his body, fought my way into his vault, got the diamond, fought my way back out again, then delivered the diamond to Longinus - all the while with that flipping message still pasted on the screen. It went away during the subsequent cutscene with Longinus (his final mission) but reappeared upon resumption of the game proper.

I fast-travelled to a safe house intending to interact with a cabinet, thinking that one of those changes of screens might erase the message. It was still there after I emerged from hyperspace at the outpost. I interacted with the cabinet and the message did disappear while I was in the trading screen, but was waiting for me like a faithful dog when I disengaged from the cabinet. This was now well after I'd successfully completed the smuggler mission, which the program itself had acknowledged with a "success" message, but "The smuggler is too far away" just kept sticking to me like a leech.

I tried choosing a side mission from the outpost I'd fast travelled to, hoping that starting a new mission might get rid of it. Upon accepting the mission, the "...smuggler..." message went away while the new mission title was displayed (An Eye For An Eye), but it reappeared when the title went away.

I did a save and quit back to the main menu, restarted the game - and that @#$%& message was STILL there :D

In the end, the only way I could rid of the bloody thing was to quit to the desktop altogether and relaunch the game :angry-new:

nexor

Damn, that is a bad one fragger
If I'm not mistaken, there's a chopper nearby and you follow him with that

Dweller_Benthos

I had that sorta happen with the smuggler message as well, even though I was tailing him in the gyro-copter, and wasn't getting farther away, but the message did go away eventually. I had the copter already to get there, so I just used it to follow him.

I'm beginning to think the copter makes things a little too easy, just raining down grenades and molotovs on people who really can't fight back might be a bit..... nah, it's really fun lol.
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on January 19, 2015, 07:43:07 AMmight be a bit..... nah, it's really fun lol.

LOL D_B :laugh:

Regarding a pasted message, I too had a similar experience, I think it was either a "free hostages" or one of those missions when I had to protect (and save) civilians from attacking tigers, the one where you're on the beach and an ammo crate next to you and a couple of rocky ledges around you from which the tigers would attack. I saved some and I lost some peeps. After the mission, the line with those green diamonds representing the hostages or civilians remained just the way fragger described it. I don't remember how I got rid of it, it might indeed have been a restart.

PZ

I believe the developers just want you to feel like you're a failure  8-X

fragger

Quote from: nexor on January 19, 2015, 07:28:02 AM
If I'm not mistaken, there's a chopper nearby and you follow him with that

Maybe there was. But this might have thrown me: When I played this mission in my first playthrough there was no car. The smuggler got clean away and I got a fail. But when I immediately restarted the mission, a car was right there at the vantage point and I used it to complete the mission. When it didn't appear this time around, I naturally thought the game had glitched out so I went running down the road helter-skelter without thinking to see if there was another vehicle of some sort nearby. I didn't have time to look around - the smuggler was getting away...

This was the last smuggler mission for Longinus, where the vantage point is right outside that little town in the North (the name escapes me) - the same town from which you begin the pursuit of Min in the chopper.

fragger

There are a couple of places where you can make some pretty cool, long-lasting wingsuit flights.

Here's one. It's called Something-or-other Summit, in South Kyrat. It's not easy to get to, involving a lot of grappling and climbing. You have to approach it from the north side of the ridge that it's located on:
[smg id=7701 align=center width=600]

I'm so high up here that I can't see the ground. Not at night, anyway. There are drifting patches of mist way below.
[smg id=7702 align=center width=600]

A leap into the unknown.
[smg id=7703 align=center width=600]

A good 15 to 20 seconds into the jump and I'm only just beginning to see some vague ground details.
[smg id=7704 align=center width=600]

Sometime later, maybe about halfway through the flight, and I see a bell tower. I'm still way above it.
[smg id=7705 align=center width=600]

More detail begins to emerge.
[smg id=7706 align=center width=600]

Finally I can see a place to aim for, the temple on the side of the lake south-east of Banapur.
[smg id=7707 align=center width=600]

This is the approximate flight path I took. I didn't think to time the flight, but I'm sure it was well over a minute. I want to try it again in daylight, and next time I will time it.
[smg id=7708 align=center width=600]

Sorry about the crappy quality of the shots - I think I compressed the pics more than was necessary. Not that there was much to see for a lot of the time :-()

nexor

Very nice fragger  :-X

Art Blade

PZ

Nice find fragger, I know you're enjoying a game when you start experimenting and talk about the next time...

nexor

I think this screenshot I took is from the same mountain as the one you took fragger

[smg id=7712 type=preview align=center caption="FarCry4 sc5"]

mandru

That is cool fragger.  :)  :-X

I mentioned on another thread the perils of switching from the buzzer to grappling and hitting the "C" key (for descend in the buzzer) mid way through a climb.  Then there's switching from grappling to buzzer it goes the other way around too.  There have been a lot of times on my PC that my left hand has drifted one space to the right off the "W-A-S-D" position while using the buzzer and I've hit and held the "E" key trying to fly forward.

I usually try to hang near tree top level to cut down my visibility from troops on the ground so there's little time to figure out why I'm suddenly doing an air walk but there have been occasions I've actually pulled off a self rescue by finding the wing suit mid-plunge quickly enough to give myself time to remember where the parachute key is before doing a terminal burn in.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

I too have stepped out of an airborne buzzer instead of making it descend. Whoops...

I did that same base-jump again and timed it - 1 minute and 50 seconds elapsed before I reached the ground. I travelled even further this time because it was daylight and I could see where I was going, so I didn't lose altitude by turning this was and that while flying. I almost reached the mountain path high above the lakeside temple this time.

Nex, I can't tell if that's the same spot. It does look a lot like it. But even in the daytime I couldn't quite see the valley floor from up there. The summit is not far from one of the Shangri-La entry points, the south western-most one about half-way between Banapur and the Rochan Brick Factory. You can only reach it from north of its location, by first making for the Shangri-La entrance and then climbing further.

fragger

What could be inside this, do you suppose?
[smg id=7718 align=center width=600]

PZ

Likely the brain for a developer  8-X

Tags:
🡱 🡳